Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Large RIP 12:43 - Apr 2 with 1855 viewsgainsboroughblue

Succumbed to the virus.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Eddie Large RIP on 13:02 - Apr 2 with 1627 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I remember Little & Large as a kid. To be honest I was quite surprised he was still alive - big lad!
Eddie Large RIP on 13:03 - Apr 2 with 1622 viewsfactual_blue

Never liked him after he sat on the Man City bench in the 1981 FA Cup Semi-final.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Eddie Large RIP on 15:58 - Apr 2 with 1463 viewsmikeybloo88

Very sad... funny guy.
Eddie Large RIP on 16:07 - Apr 2 with 1458 viewsBloomBlue

Sad, he had a underlying heart condition (apparently)
Eddie Large RIP on 16:43 - Apr 2 with 1424 viewsBrixtonBlue

Eddie Large RIP on 16:07 - Apr 2 by BloomBlue

Sad, he had a underlying heart condition (apparently)

Not just underlying - that was the reason he was in hospital. For some reason the OP fails to mention this. It's like Coronavirus is the bigger story, most sensationalist, so let's go with that.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Eddie Large RIP on 18:08 - Apr 2 with 1369 viewsgainsboroughblue

Eddie Large RIP on 16:43 - Apr 2 by BrixtonBlue

Not just underlying - that was the reason he was in hospital. For some reason the OP fails to mention this. It's like Coronavirus is the bigger story, most sensationalist, so let's go with that.

Yes. That was exactly my intention.

Eddie Large RIP on 19:10 - Apr 2 with 1319 viewsjeera

That necessary is it?

When you're being a dick towards the likes of Gainsborough the attitude problem is definitely your end.

Where's your manners nowadays?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Eddie Large RIP on 19:26 - Apr 2 with 1288 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eddie Large RIP on 18:08 - Apr 2 by gainsboroughblue

Yes. That was exactly my intention.

I didn't get to where i am today by being sensationalist.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Eddie Large RIP on 19:27 - Apr 2 with 1285 viewsGlasgowBlue

You realise that this is gainsboroughblue? One of the least offensive people on here.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Eddie Large RIP on 20:21 - Apr 2 with 1240 viewsCBBlue

Yes and he caught the virus while in hospital - if I had to go into hospital at the moment for anything I'd be sh!t scared that I'd go in with a health problem and end up with the virus, poor Eddie have little chance of fighting it. The sooner the nhs staff get tested the better - for them and for the patients. Working in that environment makes them complete heros.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Eddie Large RIP on 21:44 - Apr 2 with 1186 viewsBrixtonBlue

Eddie Large RIP on 19:10 - Apr 2 by jeera

That necessary is it?

When you're being a dick towards the likes of Gainsborough the attitude problem is definitely your end.

Where's your manners nowadays?

I'm sure he didn't mean it, never suggested he did.

But the facts are that Eddie Large had been suffering with heart failure, had been ill for a while and had a heart transplant in 2003. It's not simply that he died of coronavirus, as the OP seemed to suggest. He made no mention of the main issues.

I just want to see the truth reported and apologise if my wording offended anyone.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Eddie Large RIP on 21:46 - Apr 2 with 1182 viewsBrixtonBlue

Eddie Large RIP on 19:27 - Apr 2 by GlasgowBlue

You realise that this is gainsboroughblue? One of the least offensive people on here.

I've no idea, I just want to see the truth reported. I've no idea why he left out the full facts, and I'm sure it's just an oversight, but it wasn't just a case of succumbing to coronavirus.

Eddie Large RIP on 21:48 - Apr 2 with 1177 viewsBrixtonBlue

Eddie Large RIP on 20:21 - Apr 2 by CBBlue

Yes and he caught the virus while in hospital - if I had to go into hospital at the moment for anything I'd be sh!t scared that I'd go in with a health problem and end up with the virus, poor Eddie have little chance of fighting it. The sooner the nhs staff get tested the better - for them and for the patients. Working in that environment makes them complete heros.

Absolutely. How does any of that go against what I said?

Eddie Large RIP on 22:01 - Apr 2 with 1160 viewsgainsboroughblue

Eddie Large RIP on 21:46 - Apr 2 by BrixtonBlue

I've no idea, I just want to see the truth reported. I've no idea why he left out the full facts, and I'm sure it's just an oversight, but it wasn't just a case of succumbing to coronavirus.

If I'm honest, I literally posted what I had seen flash up on my phone which was a BBC notification saying 'Eddie Large dies from Coronavirus'. I did not read the full story until after that so was unaware that he was originally in hospital for heart failure.

Eddie Large RIP on 22:10 - Apr 2 with 1144 viewsjeera

Eddie Large RIP on 21:44 - Apr 2 by BrixtonBlue

But the facts are that Eddie Large had been suffering with heart failure, had been ill for a while and had a heart transplant in 2003. It's not simply that he died of coronavirus, as the OP seemed to suggest. He made no mention of the main issues.

I just want to see the truth reported and apologise if my wording offended anyone.

Most of the people on here are your friends.

Virtual or otherwise. Many of us have 'known' each other for a long time.

It would just be nice if you remember that more often and treated them as such, that's all.

Edit: You even had the cheek to down-vote my post. You are a terrible person and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 22:13]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Eddie Large RIP on 22:12 - Apr 2 with 1136 viewsClareBlue

Eddie Large RIP on 21:44 - Apr 2 by BrixtonBlue

We also have to be careful that we do not dismiss the seriousness of the virus by thinking people would have died anyway as they have a health condition. The fact is that there are loads of people who have underlying health issues that are managed by the health services for years perfectly fine - that is what a health service does. When these people die because of, or with, the virus it isn'talways because of the health condition but can be because of the virus. I accept some underlying conditions are very serious and it might be any existing virus/infection that tips the situation, but there is a bit of 'well he was sick anyway so what do we expect...' going around. There is also 'well you are healthy so you will be OK' going round too. Neither are completely correct. On a Personal level, I never found hime funny, but it is of course tragic for his family and friends as if every 'case' we see every night in every Country.
I genuinely wish he hadn't died.... on 22:19 - Apr 2 with 1123 viewsBloots

….obviously because it's terrible for his friends and family.

But mainly so that this thread would have never existed.

What a ridiculous place this is.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Eddie Large RIP on 22:23 - Apr 2 with 1112 viewsBrixtonBlue

Eddie Large RIP on 22:01 - Apr 2 by gainsboroughblue

If I'm honest, I literally posted what I had seen flash up on my phone which was a BBC notification saying 'Eddie Large dies from Coronavirus'. I did not read the full story until after that so was unaware that he was originally in hospital for heart failure.

No worries, apologies if I offended. I just get a bit annoyed with unnecessarily sensationalist stuff, particularly around coronavirus. Bad form by the BBC, really. That's a bit of a clickbait headline.

Eddie Large RIP on 22:26 - Apr 2 with 1105 viewsBrixtonBlue

Eddie Large RIP on 22:10 - Apr 2 by jeera

Most of the people on here are your friends.

Virtual or otherwise. Many of us have 'known' each other for a long time.

It would just be nice if you remember that more often and treated them as such, that's all.

Edit: You even had the cheek to down-vote my post. You are a terrible person and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 22:13]

I really don't think most of the people on here are my friends. Feel free to think I'm a terrible person if you want.

Eddie Large RIP on 22:30 - Apr 2 with 1094 viewsgainsboroughblue

Eddie Large RIP on 22:23 - Apr 2 by BrixtonBlue

No worries, apologies if I offended. I just get a bit annoyed with unnecessarily sensationalist stuff, particularly around coronavirus. Bad form by the BBC, really. That's a bit of a clickbait headline.

It's still the banner headline now. Several hours later.

Eddie Large RIP on 22:31 - Apr 2 with 1091 viewsBrixtonBlue

Eddie Large RIP on 22:12 - Apr 2 by ClareBlue

We also have to be careful that we do not dismiss the seriousness of the virus by thinking people would have died anyway as they have a health condition. The fact is that there are loads of people who have underlying health issues that are managed by the health services for years perfectly fine - that is what a health service does. When these people die because of, or with, the virus it isn'talways because of the health condition but can be because of the virus. I accept some underlying conditions are very serious and it might be any existing virus/infection that tips the situation, but there is a bit of 'well he was sick anyway so what do we expect...' going around. There is also 'well you are healthy so you will be OK' going round too. Neither are completely correct. On a Personal level, I never found hime funny, but it is of course tragic for his family and friends as if every 'case' we see every night in every Country.

I've not remotely dismissed the seriousness of the virus. I've merely reported the facts.

Eddie Large RIP on 22:33 - Apr 2 with 1084 viewsBrixtonBlue

Eddie Large RIP on 22:30 - Apr 2 by gainsboroughblue

It's still the banner headline now. Several hours later.

That's a bit off IMO. I certainly don't blame you for it.

Eddie Large RIP on 11:08 - Apr 3 with 949 viewsHerbivore

Eddie Large RIP on 22:26 - Apr 2 by BrixtonBlue

I really don't think most of the people on here are my friends. Feel free to think I'm a terrible person if you want.

Perhaps if you treated them a bit nicer then they would be your friends.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Eddie Large RIP on 11:10 - Apr 3 with 945 viewsBrixtonBlue

Eddie Large RIP on 11:08 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

Perhaps if you treated them a bit nicer then they would be your friends.

Am I that bad a person, do you think?

Eddie Large RIP on 11:17 - Apr 3 with 931 viewsHerbivore

Eddie Large RIP on 11:10 - Apr 3 by BrixtonBlue

Am I that bad a person, do you think?

I don't think you're a bad person at all, but your posting style is sometimes reminiscent of Lee Martin launching himself into a tackle.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024