Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Around 40% of staff tested at Great Ormond Street are positive for Covid19 13:47 - Apr 2 with 828 viewsElderGrizzly

Not good, even if the sample is small. Now imagine if that was across the whole NHS, even at on,y 20%, not 40%.

Around 40% of staff tested at Great Ormond Street are positive for Covid19 on 13:52 - Apr 2 with 760 viewsJ2BLUE

Holy sh1t

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Around 40% of staff tested at Great Ormond Street are positive for Covid19 on 14:00 - Apr 2 with 733 viewsmonytowbray

Shame no one advised us to “test, test, test” to isolate cases as fast as possible...

Health workers have been thrown under the bus just for trying to do their job.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Around 40% of staff tested at Great Ormond Street are positive for Covid19 on 15:45 - Apr 2 with 652 viewshampstead_blue

Not good. Those poor folk.

The reason as I understand it is that the scientific bods don't trust the test. I keep hearing that a bad test is worse than no test.

Are they wrong? Not quite sure what to believe.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Around 40% of staff tested at Great Ormond Street are positive for Covid19 on 16:20 - Apr 2 with 590 viewshomer_123

Around 40% of staff tested at Great Ormond Street are positive for Covid19 on 15:45 - Apr 2 by hampstead_blue

Not good. Those poor folk.

The reason as I understand it is that the scientific bods don't trust the test. I keep hearing that a bad test is worse than no test.

Are they wrong? Not quite sure what to believe.

Of course a bad test is worse!

If the test says you haven't got it and you have and then continue to work....don't you think that would be problematic?!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Around 40% of staff tested at Great Ormond Street are positive for Covid19 on 16:30 - Apr 2 with 574 viewseireblue

Around 40% of staff tested at Great Ormond Street are positive for Covid19 on 16:20 - Apr 2 by homer_123

Of course a bad test is worse!

If the test says you haven't got it and you have and then continue to work....don't you think that would be problematic?!

Does it somewhat depend on the test and the accuracy?

An example:

With no test, and no symptoms, all people matching that could work in a hospital.

With a test that gives say false negative rate of 10%.

Then 90% of people with no symptoms that have the virus, will not be going to the work in a hospital. 10% will, that is better than 100%.

Equally well if the false positive rate is at 10%, then that reduces the number of people that could work, 10%.

But how many people with some symptoms are self isolating when they don’t have the virus.

I fear that the bad test argument is spin from the government to help with them explaining the lack of testing.

Even easy tests for things like pregnancy are not 100% accurate.
Around 40% of staff tested at Great Ormond Street are positive for Covid19 on 16:38 - Apr 2 with 555 viewsbluelagos

Around 40% of staff tested at Great Ormond Street are positive for Covid19 on 14:00 - Apr 2 by monytowbray

Shame no one advised us to “test, test, test” to isolate cases as fast as possible...

Health workers have been thrown under the bus just for trying to do their job.

Even worse when they don't have the PPE available.

We recruited old and retired (i.e. Vulnerable) medical staff and then didn't protect them. It is getting to a point of criminal negligence imho.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024