Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open 22:33 - Apr 2 with 2628 viewsRocky

once we get over this?
I would think it will be quite a high number. 10 - 20 %?
What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 22:37 - Apr 2 with 2613 viewsallezlesbleus

I wouldn't be surprised if it was higher, 25%-30%. Obviously, the biggest factor will be how long the lockdown goes on for and whether things get back to normal and stay normal. If the virus reappears and another lockdown is necessary, then it wouldn't surprise me if that number got closer to 40%.
What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:22 - Apr 2 with 2549 viewsStokieBlue

It could be very high which would be horrible.

Around here a lot of restaurants are doing home delivery (some quite expensive 3 course meals) as well as selling their wine at cheaper prices.

Whether it will be enough we will have to wait and see.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:30 - Apr 2 with 2528 viewsLord_Lucan

50% IMHO

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:35 - Apr 2 with 2516 viewsfactual_blue

If you're talking about restaurant/cafe chains, probably most of those owned by the bigger companies will be OK (I think several of the brands are all Whitbread).

Independent restaurants/pubs - probably a good few will change hands rather than close for good, particularly tenanted pubs.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 23:35]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:39 - Apr 2 with 2498 viewsstonojnr

I think 10% is the norm bankruptcy rate even in normal times, so this will be higher for sure 20% is probably the lower end of where it may result IMO, but as people say it depends how long it lasts, some are coping by doing this takeaway setup, but how much they make from it,whether its profitable enough to pay the bills I dont know, or its just about ditching already bought stock without having to pour 500 pints down the drain as a pub in Norwich had to do, and then what happens when they need to restock...I dont know
What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:40 - Apr 2 with 2494 viewsjeera

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:22 - Apr 2 by StokieBlue

Around here a lot of restaurants are doing home delivery (some quite expensive 3 course meals) as well as selling their wine at cheaper prices.

SB

This I'm seeing a bit around here too.

It's great some are turning their hand to takeaway and I would hope if and when it's feasible people could support it.

But some places seem to be living in a delusional dimension where they can still charge full whack for their meals.

It's not happening. If a switch to takeaway has any chance of success then the prices need to reflect that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:51 - Apr 2 with 2476 viewsStokieBlue

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:40 - Apr 2 by jeera

This I'm seeing a bit around here too.

It's great some are turning their hand to takeaway and I would hope if and when it's feasible people could support it.

But some places seem to be living in a delusional dimension where they can still charge full whack for their meals.

It's not happening. If a switch to takeaway has any chance of success then the prices need to reflect that.

I agree they need to adapt to what is required in the market at the moment. There is an amazing Thai place near here called Farang (famous chef who is on TV a bit) and they have changed their entire menu to just make Thai curries which are more suited to takeaways and reasonably priced.

This restaurant, which is very nice, is charging 52 quid for 3 courses for two people. That is cheaper than eating in but I am not sure it's the best approach to takeaways:

https://salut-london.co.uk/

Good luck to them though, I hope it works out and I can visit when everything is clear.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:57 - Apr 2 with 2459 viewsjeera

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:51 - Apr 2 by StokieBlue

I agree they need to adapt to what is required in the market at the moment. There is an amazing Thai place near here called Farang (famous chef who is on TV a bit) and they have changed their entire menu to just make Thai curries which are more suited to takeaways and reasonably priced.

This restaurant, which is very nice, is charging 52 quid for 3 courses for two people. That is cheaper than eating in but I am not sure it's the best approach to takeaways:

Good luck to them though, I hope it works out and I can visit when everything is clear.

SB

That looks nice it has to be said.

I couldn't help but smile when I looked the map and it seems to be informing its site's viewers that it's just down the road from Tesco Express.

As though that's the claim to fame.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 01:14 - Apr 3 with 2401 viewsGirthyguy

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:30 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

50% IMHO

I'm going to hedge my bets and say 51%
What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 07:33 - Apr 3 with 2286 viewsWeWereZombies

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 01:14 - Apr 3 by Girthyguy

I'm going to hedge my bets and say 51%

Well if that is the way you are playing it I'm going for 49.9%

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 07:44 - Apr 3 with 2272 viewsEly_Blue

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:51 - Apr 2 by StokieBlue

SB

As someone who works in the food industry and specifically in the part looking at QSR I can tell you that many of the bigger players in the market are already well on the way to working towards delivery only optimised products for when they re open, something they didn’t have time to do before being forced to shut.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 07:51 - Apr 3 with 2260 viewsDanTheMan

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:22 - Apr 2 by StokieBlue

SB

Yeah quite a few of the restaurants near us are starting to open up to the world of delivery, although the demand is insane so you're lucky to get through most of the time.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 08:03 - Apr 3 with 2242 viewsblueconscience

69.7% if People are locked down for longer than a month.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 8:06]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 08:21 - Apr 3 with 2204 viewssundaze

A friend of mine in Germany, told me yesterday that DIY stores, hardware shops and garden centres can reopen this weekend. A small sign of progress.
What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 08:36 - Apr 3 with 2184 viewsRadlett_blue

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 23:35 - Apr 2 by factual_blue

If you're talking about restaurant/cafe chains, probably most of those owned by the bigger companies will be OK (I think several of the brands are all Whitbread).

Independent restaurants/pubs - probably a good few will change hands rather than close for good, particularly tenanted pubs.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 23:35]

The longer the lockdown continues, the more people are likely to understand that eating at home and drinking your own drinks is a much more attractive option than visiting most of the over-priced chain restaurants, many of which have been struggling anyway.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 09:01 - Apr 3 with 2139 viewsLord_Lucan

SB

Farang!

Hahahaha

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 09:07 - Apr 3 with 2096 viewsfergalsharkey

26.4%.

Poll: Cook out?

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 09:12 - Apr 3 with 2063 viewsgainsboroughblue

What percentage of pubs/restaurants/shops will never re-open on 08:36 - Apr 3 by Radlett_blue

The longer the lockdown continues, the more people are likely to understand that eating at home and drinking your own drinks is a much more attractive option than visiting most of the over-priced chain restaurants, many of which have been struggling anyway.

This is what I was thinking too.

People are going to have developed new habits and got used to them.

On the weekends of the 14th and 21st of March, I was at a loss come 3pm Saturday as there was no Radio Suffolk live commentary to have on in the background while I worked. Last Saturday, it didn't even enter my head.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024