Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Army efficiency 09:14 - Apr 3 with 1151 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Army efficiency on 09:17 - Apr 3 with 1108 viewshampstead_blue

For the cameras but it is rather funny.

The human chain is a very quick way of handballing kit. It's a common method.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Army efficiency on 10:08 - Apr 3 with 1031 viewsSwansea_Blue

Army efficiency on 09:17 - Apr 3 by hampstead_blue

Yeah, a pretty clear photoshoot setup. But did make me chuckle.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 10:09]

Army efficiency on 10:12 - Apr 3 with 1032 viewsLord_Lucan

On a serious note,

Q; How do you get a 4000 bed hospital up and running in just over a week.

A; Get the army to do it.

No meetings about meetings, no fizzy water deliveries at the board table. Just fecking do it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Army efficiency on 10:17 - Apr 3 with 1003 viewsSwansea_Blue

Army efficiency on 10:12 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

On a serious note,

No meetings about meetings, no fizzy water deliveries at the board table. Just fecking do it.

We'd still be in discussions with the Unions about whether it was possible to modify people's job roles without consultation....

Then the plans would go to the major project board for first step approvals before being passed to Senate for adoption in their next meeting in 2 months, before final senior management team sign off a month after that.

Then we'd need 5 weeks for open tendering and any additional staff recruitment advertisements.

Then you'd be looking at at least 3 weeks to sort out the finances, and 3 months notice period before the newly appointed project manager could join. We'd be starting about October if lucky

Army efficiency on 10:17 - Apr 3 with 1000 viewsmonytowbray

On a serious note,

The lack of just getting sh1t done has been common place in most of my career so relatable. Not sure how many meetings I've sat in debating logistics that probably added up to cost more than doing it from the off.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Army efficiency on 10:23 - Apr 3 with 979 viewsEdwardStone

Army efficiency on 09:17 - Apr 3 by hampstead_blue

Forming a chain brings back memories of my time in service

No sooner than we were tasked with handballing something, the cry would go up...."Form a Chain" This would spark a chain reaction of virtually everyone shouting "Form a Chain" and within nano-seconds a chain would form and, as Mr H says, the pile of Stuff would be transferred in a remarkably short time

The Army seemed to have an inherent mis trust of fork lift trucks....
Army efficiency on 10:24 - Apr 3 with 979 viewsLord_Lucan

Army efficiency on 10:17 - Apr 3 by Swansea_Blue

We'd still be in discussions with the Unions about whether it was possible to modify people's job roles without consultation....

Then the plans would go to the major project board for first step approvals before being passed to Senate for adoption in their next meeting in 2 months, before final senior management team sign off a month after that.

Then we'd need 5 weeks for open tendering and any additional staff recruitment advertisements.

Then you'd be looking at at least 3 weeks to sort out the finances, and 3 months notice period before the newly appointed project manager could join. We'd be starting about October if lucky

When I invested in something a few years back (which obviously went tits up) I actually did attend a meeting in London only to be told when I got there that the meeting was about when to have a meeting.

Thankfully it was near to the brilliant pub - The Constitution

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Army efficiency on 10:26 - Apr 3 with 960 viewshampstead_blue

Army efficiency on 10:23 - Apr 3 by EdwardStone

Forming a chain brings back memories of my time in service

No sooner than we were tasked with handballing something, the cry would go up...."Form a Chain" This would spark a chain reaction of virtually everyone shouting "Form a Chain" and within nano-seconds a chain would form and, as Mr H says, the pile of Stuff would be transferred in a remarkably short time

The Army seemed to have an inherent mis trust of fork lift trucks....

It's odd isn't it. Some things are just there to be used.....

The is an SOP somewhere which states "In now way may plant or technology be used if it makes it easier!"......

So proud of the Army and civvies in getting that job done. I read a cracking interview with the Lt Col who lead it. He said 'it was what I was trained to do'....

Edit.
The bloke who runs the logistics and planning for the company who own Excell and other such sites is also Ex-Army. He was Army PT Corps....rock hard. I've met him loads, lovely bloke and about as wide as a shed!

[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 10:28]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Login to get fewer ads

Army efficiency on 10:42 - Apr 3 with 917 viewsBLUEBEAT

That clip also shows 6 or 7 people touching one box when 1 person could do it, at a time when we are supposed to be trying to keep potential infection spreading at an absolute minimum. No gloves, either.

Poll: W or W

Army efficiency on 12:38 - Apr 3 with 783 viewsGuthrum

On a serious note,

Logistics systems designed for functionality under extreme stress. Centralised decisionmaking. Nobody coming up with "bright ideas" to overcomplicate or disrupt.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Army efficiency on 13:22 - Apr 3 with 721 viewsEdwardStone

Army efficiency on 12:38 - Apr 3 by Guthrum

Logistics systems designed for functionality under extreme stress. Centralised decisionmaking. Nobody coming up with "bright ideas" to overcomplicate or disrupt.

"Nobody coming up with bright ideas"

A very typical exchange with an NCO would go something like this.....

Soldier has committed an error, real or perceived....

Corporal; " What have you done, you useless piece of ****?"

Soldier; "Well, I thought..."

Corporal interrupts; "You thought??? You thought??? You ain't paid to ****ing think"
Army efficiency on 14:33 - Apr 3 with 674 viewshampstead_blue

Army efficiency on 13:22 - Apr 3 by EdwardStone

"Nobody coming up with bright ideas"

A very typical exchange with an NCO would go something like this.....

Soldier has committed an error, real or perceived....

Corporal; " What have you done, you useless piece of ****?"

Soldier; "Well, I thought..."

Corporal interrupts; "You thought??? You thought??? You ain't paid to ****ing think"

A couple of cracking cliches...

"ours is not to reason why, ours is to do or die"

or

"can't means won't means JAIL"......

Army efficiency on 15:02 - Apr 3 with 644 viewsNthsuffolkblue

On a serious note,

Amazed me they were able to get everything for them so quickly. They are proper hospital beds with all the associated technology needed.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024