Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got furloughed. 09:21 - Apr 3 with 1992 viewshampstead_blue

50% of the charity has had the letter and the rest have taken a 20% pay cut.
My role has all but stopped as I run the consulting side and that's stopped.

Sad because I was authoring on a paper for the Office of Veterans Affairs. Still, most has been done so not doubt my CEO will finish it and make me a 'contributor!'.....

Feels a bit odd. Hopefully at the end of May things will have turned....

Has anyone else had this happen?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Just got furloughed. on 10:07 - Apr 3 with 1894 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nope, still working but less effectively than normal (if that's possible).

So then, you've got a nice long part-padi holiday ahead of you. Going anywhere nice?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just got furloughed. on 10:10 - Apr 3 with 1889 viewsGeoffSentence

Not to me, but to my son. Half his team have been furloughed, the other half, including him, are still working but on a 20% pay cut.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just got furloughed. on 10:10 - Apr 3 with 1886 viewshoppy

Just got furloughed. on 10:07 - Apr 3 by Swansea_Blue

So then, you've got a nice long part-padi holiday ahead of you. Going anywhere nice?

I hear the bathroom is quite popular at this time of year... you just have to be careful the Germans haven't already got their towels in there though.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just got furloughed. on 10:20 - Apr 3 with 1853 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just got furloughed. on 10:10 - Apr 3 by hoppy

I hear the bathroom is quite popular at this time of year... you just have to be careful the Germans haven't already got their towels in there though.

They sink so low, don't they?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just got furloughed. on 10:24 - Apr 3 with 1845 viewshampstead_blue

Just got furloughed. on 10:07 - Apr 3 by Swansea_Blue

I might just take loads of gin and CBD oil and drift off on a sleepy trip!

I do know that I can do a lot more physical training and cricket skills now. My eldest is on leave so we will be busy in the garden and rec.

Mrs H is still working so I fear that any plans I have are now educating Rory and cooking supper.

I don't mind as I wasn't earning my way, although I've bought in 5 times my cost in fees! Still my role is to make us sustainable.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Just got furloughed. on 10:58 - Apr 3 with 1791 viewsPendejo

10 days in. Bored

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Just got furloughed. on 10:58 - Apr 3 with 1787 viewsHerbivore

I'm still working away. It's good to have that structure to the day still.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just got furloughed. on 11:04 - Apr 3 with 1772 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got furloughed. on 10:24 - Apr 3 by hampstead_blue

I might just take loads of gin and CBD oil and drift off on a sleepy trip!

I do know that I can do a lot more physical training and cricket skills now. My eldest is on leave so we will be busy in the garden and rec.

Mrs H is still working so I fear that any plans I have are now educating Rory and cooking supper.

I don't mind as I wasn't earning my way, although I've bought in 5 times my cost in fees! Still my role is to make us sustainable.

Ooh, I've been meaning to find out more about CBD oil. Think I'll start a new thread so others can chip in, but have you found it good?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Just got furloughed. on 11:09 - Apr 3 with 1770 viewsBrixtonBlue

Still working here. In fact I'm working in bed today so far, still in my PJs. I could get used to this isolation lark!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just got furloughed. on 11:59 - Apr 3 with 1695 viewshampstead_blue

Just got furloughed. on 11:04 - Apr 3 by BrixtonBlue

Ooh, I've been meaning to find out more about CBD oil. Think I'll start a new thread so others can chip in, but have you found it good?

Best start thread. It works for me and I love it!

Just got furloughed. on 12:12 - Apr 3 with 1651 viewslowhouseblue

have furloughed everyone we can, all on full pay. the problem is those who now have about 5% of their job remaining, but, since we still can't do without that 5%, can't be furloughed.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Just got furloughed. on 12:42 - Apr 3 with 1609 viewsm14_blue

Yep, furloughed from next week, I'm very lucky though and will be on full pay.
Just got furloughed. on 12:53 - Apr 3 with 1585 viewsBent_double

Just got furloughed. on 10:20 - Apr 3 by Swansea_Blue

They sink so low, don't they?

Absolute tap in, that one.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Just got furloughed. on 13:27 - Apr 3 with 1542 viewsBent_double

Just got furloughed. on 12:53 - Apr 3 by Bent_double

Absolute tap in, that one.

Don't want to faucet, but this one's not taking off..

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Just got furloughed. on 13:30 - Apr 3 with 1536 viewssparks

Just got furloughed. on 10:10 - Apr 3 by GeoffSentence

Not to me, but to my son. Half his team have been furloughed, the other half, including him, are still working but on a 20% pay cut.

Help me understand this.

One lot get to stop working for 80% pay. The other lot get to carry on for 80% pay. How can that possibly be fair?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Just got furloughed. on 13:38 - Apr 3 with 1521 viewsGeoffSentence

Just got furloughed. on 13:30 - Apr 3 by sparks

Help me understand this.

One lot get to stop working for 80% pay. The other lot get to carry on for 80% pay. How can that possibly be fair?

It's not really, but looking at it from a positive view point, it seems they view him as less dispensible than some others in his team, so if things don't pick up and they end up axing people properly, it's less likely to be him.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just got furloughed. on 14:04 - Apr 3 with 1478 viewssparks

Just got furloughed. on 13:38 - Apr 3 by GeoffSentence

It's not really, but looking at it from a positive view point, it seems they view him as less dispensible than some others in his team, so if things don't pick up and they end up axing people properly, it's less likely to be him.

Seems to me that those who continue working ought to get full pay.

Contractually they are probably entitled too...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Just got furloughed. on 14:18 - Apr 3 with 1459 viewsPinewoodblue

Just got furloughed. on 10:10 - Apr 3 by hoppy

Don’t forget to wash your hands

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Just got furloughed. on 14:28 - Apr 3 with 1432 viewshampstead_blue

Help me understand this.

Nothing is fair. Life's not fair. You just accept it and crack on.

The remaining members of our charity have all taken a 20% cut in pay to still work.

Just got furloughed. on 14:31 - Apr 3 with 1421 viewshampstead_blue

Just got furloughed. on 13:38 - Apr 3 by GeoffSentence

it's also about which parts of the business are still operating.
The part I run has stopped dead in its tracks.

My last piece of work was done so if I did stay on I would be detracting from the welfare side, that I'm not prepared to do.

Just got furloughed. on 14:37 - Apr 3 with 1409 viewsswede

I'm furloughed from Monday on 80% of national minimum wage.

There was a rise in the national minimum wage from 1st April, but I'm being told I will receive 80% of what I was being paid on 28th February. Does anyone here know whether my employer is correct?
Just got furloughed. on 14:37 - Apr 3 with 1408 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Help me understand this.

Probably because none of them get to choose whether their job is vital or not. To fail to pay anything to those who cannot work really isn't fair and to continue paying staff at full pay when the company is at best getting part revenue and in many cases none, isn't feasible for companies.

This virus is not fair. Those who are best off need to take responsibility for looking after the poorest in society. The alternative is that the rich look after themselves and the poor die.

EDIT: As for the OP, yes, there are people I know who are furloughed. I am working from home but now on holiday.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 14:38]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024