Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great quote about PRP here 12:12 - Apr 3 with 3337 viewsBluefish

He’s such a calming influence, a real thinker,” said Smith. “There have been so many times where we’ve had a frustrating first half, then he’s tweaked things around at half-time, given a great team talk and we’ve gone on to be brilliant and win the game.

Obviously it isn't about Shambert, can you imagine anyone ever taking about him like that?

Really good interview with Smith btw, the quote is obviously about Culverhouse. The manager behind the Lambert distant success
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 12:14]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Great quote about PRP here on 15:12 - Apr 3 with 885 viewsBluefish

Great quote about PRP here on 15:08 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

The evidence suggests he is useless though. That's hardly a numbskull comment, it's well evidenced.

To be fair you were still defending it a couple of months ago despite the evidence overwhelmingly showing it for over a year so he is just slightly behind you

Great quote about PRP here on 15:13 - Apr 3 with 891 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Great quote about PRP here on 13:57 - Apr 3 by Illinoisblue

Lambert clearly should have been sacked by now but the Culverhouse myth is laughable. Such a genius he’s now at, er, Kings Lynn.

If anything the logic of the argument is that Lambert's number 2 is the failing and he needs someone more like Culverhouse. Since the two are not going to work together the logic of the argument is that Taylor needs replacing!

It won't be too long before Lambert goes once the season starts/restarts. Exactly when will depend on the exact wording of clauses in his contract I would imagine. There are things Lambert got right, however, far too much he hasn't. Ultimately no club is going to sack a manager right now. Imagine the PR disaster it would (rightly) be. Let's get back to this argument when it is actually relevant again.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Great quote about PRP here on 15:17 - Apr 3 with 877 viewsHerbivore

Great quote about PRP here on 15:12 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

To be fair you were still defending it a couple of months ago despite the evidence overwhelmingly showing it for over a year so he is just slightly behind you

Nope. I was calling for him to go around Xmas.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Great quote about PRP here on 15:26 - Apr 3 with 869 viewsBluefish

Great quote about PRP here on 15:17 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

Nope. I was calling for him to go around Xmas.

Couple of months ago in a footballing sense

Great quote about PRP here on 15:28 - Apr 3 with 867 viewsHerbivore

Great quote about PRP here on 15:26 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

Couple of months ago in a footballing sense

Prior to that I wasn't defending him either, I've never been wholly convinced by him. I think you've got me confused with someone else.

Great quote about PRP here on 16:14 - Apr 3 with 849 viewsMeadowlark

Great quote about PRP here on 15:28 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

Prior to that I wasn't defending him either, I've never been wholly convinced by him. I think you've got me confused with someone else.

Burley was only any good as a manager while Dale Roberts was with him.
Great quote about PRP here on 16:37 - Apr 3 with 840 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Great quote about PRP here on 15:05 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

I like how you started off saying you don't defend Lambert at every opportunity and then went on a lengthy, slightly detached from reality defence of Lambert.

No i didnt. Jesus. READ, it isn't difficult.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Great quote about PRP here on 16:42 - Apr 3 with 838 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Great quote about PRP here on 15:13 - Apr 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

If anything the logic of the argument is that Lambert's number 2 is the failing and he needs someone more like Culverhouse. Since the two are not going to work together the logic of the argument is that Taylor needs replacing!

It won't be too long before Lambert goes once the season starts/restarts. Exactly when will depend on the exact wording of clauses in his contract I would imagine. There are things Lambert got right, however, far too much he hasn't. Ultimately no club is going to sack a manager right now. Imagine the PR disaster it would (rightly) be. Let's get back to this argument when it is actually relevant again.

And this is fair and balanced! Zero issue with view Lambert should go. And as i said it would be the perfectly logical conclusion to this seasons end.

I'm allowed a personal opinion that things can change in football by sticking with a manager. I just dont think he's dreadful. Case in point is i afforded Hurst a little time even if pointing out his poor calling out of players. He was just obviously out of his depth and made horrendous decisions. I look at Lamberts approach with signings and made sense. He kept the rotation too long and we didn't get the upside of it. He can have no complaints if sacked.

Login to get fewer ads

Great quote about PRP here on 16:44 - Apr 3 with 833 viewsBluefish

Great quote about PRP here on 16:42 - Apr 3 by Terry_Nutkins

And this is fair and balanced! Zero issue with view Lambert should go. And as i said it would be the perfectly logical conclusion to this seasons end.

I'm allowed a personal opinion that things can change in football by sticking with a manager. I just dont think he's dreadful. Case in point is i afforded Hurst a little time even if pointing out his poor calling out of players. He was just obviously out of his depth and made horrendous decisions. I look at Lamberts approach with signings and made sense. He kept the rotation too long and we didn't get the upside of it. He can have no complaints if sacked.

You are hilarious. You are exactly what the country needs at this time

Great quote about PRP here on 16:46 - Apr 3 with 830 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Great quote about PRP here on 16:44 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

You bore me to tears. Well not tears...you know...just aggressively boring.

Great quote about PRP here on 16:51 - Apr 3 with 826 viewsBluefish

Great quote about PRP here on 16:46 - Apr 3 by Terry_Nutkins

You bore me to tears. Well not tears...you know...just aggressively boring.

Tells us about Shambert again, go on please just one more time before we go into the weekend

Great quote about PRP here on 16:55 - Apr 3 with 817 viewssolemio

Great quote about PRP here on 16:44 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

Until fairly recently help would have been available for your condition on the NHS. Sadly in the present circumstances you are beyond help.

Unless MarkTWTD can do something.
Great quote about PRP here on 17:40 - Apr 3 with 793 viewsHerbivore

Great quote about PRP here on 16:37 - Apr 3 by Terry_Nutkins

No i didnt. Jesus. READ, it isn't difficult.

I read it. I stand by my comment.

Great quote about PRP here on 21:34 - Apr 3 with 762 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Great quote about PRP here on 17:40 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

I read it. I stand by my comment.

wrongly.

Great quote about PRP here on 21:40 - Apr 3 with 758 viewsHerbivore

Great quote about PRP here on 21:34 - Apr 3 by Terry_Nutkins

wrongly.

Nope.

Great quote about PRP here on 22:30 - Apr 3 with 754 viewsbluebud

Some more fuel for fires

askou on Lambert

“He was a real leader. A winner. I didn’t learn a lot of football in the two years I was there. Tactically, we didn’t do a lot of work on how to build up against certain systems. We played the same and focused on mentality and performance.
“Ian was always in charge of the coaching. Almost all of it. The gaffer came in if he wasn’t happy with the performances.

“The training was good. Ian was a great coach, he was fun, he was energetic, well-prepared and a nice guy. You could see he cared about the players and put an effort in.”

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/askou-reflects-on-his-norwich-city-career-in
Great quote about PRP here on 22:53 - Apr 3 with 743 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Great quote about PRP here on 22:30 - Apr 3 by bluebud

Some more fuel for fires

askou on Lambert

“He was a real leader. A winner. I didn’t learn a lot of football in the two years I was there. Tactically, we didn’t do a lot of work on how to build up against certain systems. We played the same and focused on mentality and performance.
“Ian was always in charge of the coaching. Almost all of it. The gaffer came in if he wasn’t happy with the performances.

“The training was good. Ian was a great coach, he was fun, he was energetic, well-prepared and a nice guy. You could see he cared about the players and put an effort in.”

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/askou-reflects-on-his-norwich-city-career-in

That was a good article to read thank you.

This direct quote was interesting although slightly worrying.

“ “I think today, you need to be able to do so much more than being ruthless. To be at the top, the very top, you need to be tactically clever, curious and be very detailed in everything you do.

“You need to be an inspiration to all your players. When you come from a background as a top player, you can live on that for two or three weeks. But after a few weeks, your background as a player doesn’t inspire them anymore.

I’m fed up of hearing Lamberts tales from Dortmund. The reality is that it doesn’t make you a great manager being a great player.

Jose Mourinho: we hear of all these people who have the conditions to be top managers with their playing careers, and they end up in a TV studio. Why is this?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Great quote about PRP here on 23:04 - Apr 3 with 737 viewspistonbroke

Great quote about PRP here on 13:17 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

You are not able to judge Shambert yet? Which part of his failure for 18 months is inconclusive still?

But he has not failed yet , last season he had no chance of staying up , I think we can all agree on that , this season he’s target was promotion via either top 2 or playoffs , believe it or not , this season has not finished so he has not failed in he’s targets yet , now if the season is declared null and void , which is what I believe it will be , then how has he failed in he’s target
Great quote about PRP here on 23:07 - Apr 3 with 731 viewsBluefish

Great quote about PRP here on 23:04 - Apr 3 by pistonbroke

But he has not failed yet , last season he had no chance of staying up , I think we can all agree on that , this season he’s target was promotion via either top 2 or playoffs , believe it or not , this season has not finished so he has not failed in he’s targets yet , now if the season is declared null and void , which is what I believe it will be , then how has he failed in he’s target

WTAF?? Madness

Great quote about PRP here on 23:13 - Apr 3 with 722 viewspistonbroke

Great quote about PRP here on 23:07 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

WTAF?? Madness

You could just answer the question on how has he failed ? Surely the question is not that hard for anyone even with below average intelligence
Great quote about PRP here on 23:15 - Apr 3 with 721 viewsBluefish

Great quote about PRP here on 23:13 - Apr 3 by pistonbroke

You could just answer the question on how has he failed ? Surely the question is not that hard for anyone even with below average intelligence

Are you insane? I can't comprehend this

Great quote about PRP here on 23:20 - Apr 3 with 713 viewspistonbroke

Great quote about PRP here on 23:15 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

Are you insane? I can't comprehend this

Once again surely it’s not that hard to understand , you said he had failed , he’s objective was to get promoted true or false , if the season is null and void then has he failed , it does not mean I think he should stay because no way he should , but has he failled he’s objectives ?
Great quote about PRP here on 23:27 - Apr 3 with 704 viewsbluebud

Great quote about PRP here on 22:53 - Apr 3 by TheTrueBlue1878

That was a good article to read thank you.

This direct quote was interesting although slightly worrying.

“ “I think today, you need to be able to do so much more than being ruthless. To be at the top, the very top, you need to be tactically clever, curious and be very detailed in everything you do.

“You need to be an inspiration to all your players. When you come from a background as a top player, you can live on that for two or three weeks. But after a few weeks, your background as a player doesn’t inspire them anymore.

I’m fed up of hearing Lamberts tales from Dortmund. The reality is that it doesn’t make you a great manager being a great player.

Jose Mourinho: we hear of all these people who have the conditions to be top managers with their playing careers, and they end up in a TV studio. Why is this?

Agreed.

The other thing which has worried me is when he said he didn't learn much football....that's a problem with our young team. Lambert had Holt, Hoolahan etc etc, they were a team of players already...not many youngsters at all I reckon.
Great quote about PRP here on 23:38 - Apr 3 with 696 viewsBluefish

Great quote about PRP here on 23:20 - Apr 3 by pistonbroke

Once again surely it’s not that hard to understand , you said he had failed , he’s objective was to get promoted true or false , if the season is null and void then has he failed , it does not mean I think he should stay because no way he should , but has he failled he’s objectives ?

1st objective was to keep us up - failed

2nd objective was to get us promoted- as good as failed

2 out of 2 failed

Shambert

PRP

Fraud

Hero in norfolk

Great quote about PRP here on 23:46 - Apr 3 with 686 viewspistonbroke

Great quote about PRP here on 23:38 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

1st objective was to keep us up - failed

2nd objective was to get us promoted- as good as failed

2 out of 2 failed

Shambert

PRP

Fraud

Hero in norfolk

The position he came in on was he was never gonna keep us up no one could of not even mick with that piss poor squad , he’s only realistic target was to get us back up , although it seems unlikely we would of , which I agree he should be gone for , but realistically he has not failed if the season is void , one thing in he’s defence , we could quite easily won 7 of the 8 we had left , the only hard one was donny away , I don’t think we would of but at the end of the day if the season is void then he has not failed he’s objective , true or false
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024