Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prem clubs are meeting for a new season commence date today 12:21 - Apr 3 with 667 viewsHipsterectomy

As they know that it is unthinkable to commence the season at the end of April. They are also in discussions about completing the season in a different “safe” country.

The whole thing is a farce now and will only get more bizarre as they increase the panic over losing the ~£1 billion tv money.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Prem clubs are meeting for a new season commence date today on 12:38 - Apr 3 with 634 viewsMoriarty

The whole thing is a bit mad. I think it’s a bad idea to make any such decision at this time if it’s predicated on normality resuming by August. This as China fears a second wave.

I wonder would it be better to hold tough on any decisions for as long as possible. If a vaccine is in the market by March 2021, why not finish the current season then? 1 season bring written off (next season in essence) is better than 2.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 12:39]

fka omuircheartaigh

Prem clubs are meeting for a new season commence date today on 13:04 - Apr 3 with 602 viewsHipsterectomy

Prem clubs are meeting for a new season commence date today on 12:38 - Apr 3 by Moriarty

The whole thing is a bit mad. I think it’s a bad idea to make any such decision at this time if it’s predicated on normality resuming by August. This as China fears a second wave.

I wonder would it be better to hold tough on any decisions for as long as possible. If a vaccine is in the market by March 2021, why not finish the current season then? 1 season bring written off (next season in essence) is better than 2.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 12:39]

If this season isn't completed I believe Sky can take back all tv money for the season. I doubt they will allow for a whole year of no Prem football.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Prem clubs are meeting for a new season commence date today on 13:21 - Apr 3 with 567 viewsfactual_blue

Prem clubs are meeting for a new season commence date today on 13:04 - Apr 3 by Hipsterectomy

If this season isn't completed I believe Sky can take back all tv money for the season. I doubt they will allow for a whole year of no Prem football.

If the Premier League haven't got a force majeure clause they can invoke, they deserve to be bankrupted by sky.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Prem clubs are meeting for a new season commence date today on 13:41 - Apr 3 with 549 viewsMoriarty

Prem clubs are meeting for a new season commence date today on 13:04 - Apr 3 by Hipsterectomy

A kick in the teeth for Corporate football. Time to lawyer up.

fka omuircheartaigh

Prem clubs are meeting for a new season commence date today on 15:31 - Apr 3 with 490 viewsParisBlue

There might be a problem in finding a safe country. And then players would likely be quarantined for 14 days.

But the PL has been looking for a reason to play games worldwide for years. Remember the "39th game" idea?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Prem clubs are meeting for a new season commence date today on 15:41 - Apr 3 with 473 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I hadn't thought of that.

I would imagine there is a very good chance of the season being finished in China in that case.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Prem clubs are meeting for a new season commence date today on 15:48 - Apr 3 with 465 viewsBloomBlue

Maybe the Prem League should have taken out insurance?

I can see nothing but voiding this season and start again with a new season possibly in Oct
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024