Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up a gum tree. 13:41 - Apr 3 with 1111 viewsNthQldITFC

Just had my permitted walk for the day, and I had a bit of a run in with a still-working Lesser Spotted Woodpecker.

I said "You'll never get that cuckoo clock finished if all you do is keep making new windows". He replied "Drum-tap-drum-tap, tap-tap-drum, drum-tap, drum", so I stormed off. Proper chippy little cock!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Up a gum tree. on 13:47 - Apr 3 with 1071 viewsGeoffSentence

Lucky to see a lesser spotted one, lots of the big spotted b'stards round here, but nary a lesser one to be seen.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Up a gum tree. on 13:57 - Apr 3 with 1041 viewsBloomBlue

Up a gum tree. on 13:47 - Apr 3 by GeoffSentence

Lucky to see a lesser spotted one, lots of the big spotted b'stards round here, but nary a lesser one to be seen.

Slight change of topic, not birds but foxes, seems to be few foxes around at the moment probably the lack of takeaway food thrown around the streets is impacting them
Up a gum tree. on 14:23 - Apr 3 with 995 viewsGeoffSentence

Up a gum tree. on 13:57 - Apr 3 by BloomBlue

Slight change of topic, not birds but foxes, seems to be few foxes around at the moment probably the lack of takeaway food thrown around the streets is impacting them

They have had plenty of takeaway food round my way, specifically my neighbour's chickens.

Persistent little beggars as well, my neighbour tightened up her chickens' security but fantastic mr fox still kept me up half the night trying to break in .

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Up a gum tree. on 14:57 - Apr 3 with 951 viewsNthQldITFC

If this had actually happened, it would have been a Greater, but as he hypothetically swore at me, I downgraded him!

Up a gum tree. on 18:03 - Apr 3 with 868 viewsWeWereZombies

I've only just worked that out, you should have stood your ground and told it to tap-tap-drum-tap, tap-tap-drum, drum-tap-drum-tap, drum-tap-drum off.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Up a gum tree. on 18:27 - Apr 3 with 845 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Up a gum tree. on 18:03 - Apr 3 by WeWereZombies

I've only just worked that out, you should have stood your ground and told it to tap-tap-drum-tap, tap-tap-drum, drum-tap-drum-tap, drum-tap-drum off.

All drum, no bass?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Up a gum tree. on 18:44 - Apr 3 with 822 viewsWeWereZombies

Up a gum tree. on 18:27 - Apr 3 by You_Bloo_Right

All drum, no bass?

I have no re morse about that

Up a gum tree. on 18:54 - Apr 3 with 811 viewsmrshallisfit

Santon Downham is the place.
Login to get fewer ads

Up a gum tree. on 22:10 - Apr 3 with 702 viewsWeWereZombies

Up a gum tree. on 18:54 - Apr 3 by mrshallisfit

Santon Downham is the place.

Wimpole Hall for Green Woodpeckers

Up a gum tree. on 22:42 - Apr 3 with 672 viewsjeera

Up a gum tree. on 14:23 - Apr 3 by GeoffSentence

They have had plenty of takeaway food round my way, specifically my neighbour's chickens.

Persistent little beggars as well, my neighbour tightened up her chickens' security but fantastic mr fox still kept me up half the night trying to break in .

Met a gamekeeper from out North Stow way a few times some years ago, only a young fella but seemed to know his trade well.

His [lovely] home was set in amongst the woods and he had all sorts of birds running about loose.

I asked him about foxes and he said there were plenty about but he had a few tricks he employed and they gave him (and his birds) no trouble.

It simply involved a combination of a couple of battery charged wires placed strategically around the [open air] 'compound'. He had one at a certain height and another a set distance away from it. His reasoning was that one couldn't be leapt without hitting the other, and the other couldn't be dug under without coming up and hitting the aforementioned.

He also took a wee around the perimeter each evening.

Might sound simplistic but he wasn't an idiot and I could see with my own eyes the birds were roaming around freely, so I had no reason to disbelieve him.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Up a gum tree. on 23:03 - Apr 3 with 655 viewsNthQldITFC

Up a gum tree. on 22:42 - Apr 3 by jeera

Met a gamekeeper from out North Stow way a few times some years ago, only a young fella but seemed to know his trade well.

His [lovely] home was set in amongst the woods and he had all sorts of birds running about loose.

I asked him about foxes and he said there were plenty about but he had a few tricks he employed and they gave him (and his birds) no trouble.

It simply involved a combination of a couple of battery charged wires placed strategically around the [open air] 'compound'. He had one at a certain height and another a set distance away from it. His reasoning was that one couldn't be leapt without hitting the other, and the other couldn't be dug under without coming up and hitting the aforementioned.

He also took a wee around the perimeter each evening.

Might sound simplistic but he wasn't an idiot and I could see with my own eyes the birds were roaming around freely, so I had no reason to disbelieve him.

Having such an electric fence setup, and the practice of urination in the failing light of evening around said perimeter, are not a form of Russian Roulette that appeals to me greatly!

Up a gum tree. on 23:05 - Apr 3 with 652 viewsjeera

Up a gum tree. on 23:03 - Apr 3 by NthQldITFC

Having such an electric fence setup, and the practice of urination in the failing light of evening around said perimeter, are not a form of Russian Roulette that appeals to me greatly!

To be fair I don't think he actually resides with the poultry et al, so probably is only inside that perimeter during daylight.

Up a gum tree. on 23:10 - Apr 3 with 644 viewsNthQldITFC

Up a gum tree. on 23:05 - Apr 3 by jeera

To be fair I don't think he actually resides with the poultry et al, so probably is only inside that perimeter during daylight.

Watt a relief :)

Up a gum tree. on 23:20 - Apr 3 with 627 viewsjeera

Up a gum tree. on 23:10 - Apr 3 by NthQldITFC

Watt a relief :)

I'm somewhat reluctance to get into this lark again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024