Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? 13:52 - Apr 3 with 1193 viewsBrixtonBlue

I guess it's not as essential as regular waste collections, but the bins are rammed up our way and I can see people opting to fly tip in the near future, sadly. Luckily we have a garden so we can pile up our cardboard in the corner with a brick on it, not sure what people without gardens are going to do.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:06 - Apr 3 with 1152 viewsSitfcB

Only our garden waste collection has been stopped, brown bin.

Recycling bin, blue bin, carrying on as normal as well as the domestic waste, black bin.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:07 - Apr 3 with 1152 viewssparks

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:06 - Apr 3 by SitfcB

Recycling bin, blue bin, carrying on as normal as well as the domestic waste, black bin.

In theory ours is going.

In practice our recycling was left, along with a couple of other houses- but the others were collected. Bizarre.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:20 - Apr 3 with 1121 viewsBrixtonBlue

Our domestic and food waste have both moved to fortnightly, but everything else (glass, plastic, metal, paper & cardboard) have all stopped completely until further notice.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:25 - Apr 3 with 1102 viewsNewcyBlue

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:20 - Apr 3 by BrixtonBlue

Our domestic and food waste have both moved to fortnightly, but everything else (glass, plastic, metal, paper & cardboard) have all stopped completely until further notice.

Domestic one week, recycling the next, and so on.

Local tip is closed, which is annoying as I wanted to redo the little bedroom whilst all this was going on.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:26 - Apr 3 with 1098 viewsGeoffSentence

I heard, via the medium of WifeSentence, that fly-tipping has already gone up 300%, which is little surprise with the dumps all closed.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:48 - Apr 3 with 1059 viewsFixed_It

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:25 - Apr 3 by NewcyBlue

Domestic one week, recycling the next, and so on.

Local tip is closed, which is annoying as I wanted to redo the little bedroom whilst all this was going on.

You'll just have to use new stuff for the little bedroom then...
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 14:49]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:52 - Apr 3 with 1040 viewsSWGF

Was thinking that this morning as ours was picked up. We put out LOADS of recycling; regularly two if not three bins full of either plastic or paper/cardboard. Our house would soon look like one of the hoarders you see on Channel 5 if they stopped.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 14:52]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:53 - Apr 3 with 1035 viewsPJH

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:48 - Apr 3 by Fixed_It

You'll just have to use new stuff for the little bedroom then...
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 14:49]

Newcy probably wants to turn it into a ships bridge.
Login to get fewer ads

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 15:00 - Apr 3 with 1011 viewsBloomBlue

Yes/No. Garden waste has been stopped, general waste (non recycling) is every 2 weeks all the recycle ones are moving to 4 weeks

Although problems with 'bin men' self isolating so collections could be stopped

I would also add they said people can take their garden waste to the waste recycling centres (the tips) and then shut them all so I'm sure we'll see more fly tipping
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 15:08]
Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 15:07 - Apr 3 with 996 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Same here at the moment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 16:47 - Apr 3 with 946 viewsr2d2

Same here. At the moment.
Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 17:30 - Apr 3 with 914 viewsWeWereZombies

Recycling blue bin was emptied yesterday morning.

Brown/Green bin has never been part of the fortnightly collection here, everyone is expected to compost.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 23:00 - Apr 3 with 828 viewsDubtractor

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:26 - Apr 3 by GeoffSentence

I heard, via the medium of WifeSentence, that fly-tipping has already gone up 300%, which is little surprise with the dumps all closed.

I know a bit about this. No one will have the statistics to know that fly tipping is up or down yet. Reporting of the stats is nowhere near that quick! I've not heard any reports of increased fly tipping though, not yet.

In reality though, members of public just don't fly tip really (not in Suffolk anyway), its almost all from dodgy traders and builders. With the obvious exception of mattresses in town centres etc, but that's nothing to do with lack of services and more people without cars unable to take to the tip.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 23:03 - Apr 3 with 824 viewsDubtractor

In reply to Brixton - I'd imagine London collections are struggling badly. Lack of collection crews means that councils have to prioritise and anything smelly will need to be collected.

I think the simple answer is that for the short term you just have to put the recycling in with the disposal waste. The council will be obliged to take it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 10:17 - Apr 4 with 703 viewsBrixtonBlue

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 23:03 - Apr 3 by Dubtractor

In reply to Brixton - I'd imagine London collections are struggling badly. Lack of collection crews means that councils have to prioritise and anything smelly will need to be collected.

I think the simple answer is that for the short term you just have to put the recycling in with the disposal waste. The council will be obliged to take it.

As to your second point, yeah, that's what we've started doing, sadly. It's daft - if they can collect it that way, why can't they continue to collect it separately?

On your first point, I've just moved from Brixton out to Crystal Palace. Brixton, which for those who don't know is more central, still has all its normal collections.

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 10:23 - Apr 4 with 692 viewsNthQldITFC

Have you all had your recycling collections stopped? on 14:26 - Apr 3 by GeoffSentence

Fly-tipping is for wimps. Try a cow.

Having said that I'd execute every ************* last one of 'em. Slowly.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024