Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts 14:39 - Apr 3 with 3114 viewsHullblue

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/1981-84-ipswich-away-shirt-excellent-l-b

Makes me want to have a kid, just so I have a reason to buy it.

Anyone got anything similar in a medium or large men’s size? Home or away!

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 16:23 - Apr 3 with 2639 viewsBluespeed225

I have a pic of me standing in front of the ‘3 Rondavals’ mountain range in S Africa wearing one of those, 1983!
Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 16:27 - Apr 3 with 2620 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have that very shirt signed by Bobby Robson and the squad of 1981/82

[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 16:37]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 16:53 - Apr 3 with 2570 viewsgainsboroughblue

The best away kit we have had. Our away kit should always be white and black.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 17:53 - Apr 3 with 2513 viewsBrixtonBlue

Wow, £125!!!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 17:59 - Apr 3 with 2506 viewsPecker

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 16:27 - Apr 3 by GlasgowBlue

Me too. Brought it at an auction.
Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 18:02 - Apr 3 with 2497 viewsBrixtonBlue

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 16:53 - Apr 3 by gainsboroughblue

Although I really like the one in the OP, my favourite is that all black one we had a few years ago. Our players actually looked menacing in all black. Would love to see a version of that come back.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 18:03 - Apr 3 with 2496 viewsHullblue

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 16:27 - Apr 3 by GlasgowBlue

Here’s my opening offer: everything I own. Ball’s in your court.

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 18:05 - Apr 3 with 2493 viewsHullblue

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 17:53 - Apr 3 by BrixtonBlue

Wow, £125!!!

I’d happily pay that much for one in my size, tbh. They’re beautiful.

Login to get fewer ads

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 22:32 - Apr 3 with 2278 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 16:53 - Apr 3 by gainsboroughblue

Agree.

Failing that tangerine and navy/black.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 07:18 - Apr 4 with 2141 viewspeterleeblue

Loved that shirt. It was the step up from the WBA 78 semi final.

I would love to see the badge go back to the Blue Yellow colours as well.
Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 08:01 - Apr 4 with 2100 viewsGlasgowBlue

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 18:03 - Apr 3 by Hullblue

Here’s my opening offer: everything I own. Ball’s in your court.

Ha! I’d sell my wife before I’d sell my shirts.

No idea what it’s worth these days but it’s a thing of beauty which hangs in what used to be my garage which I converted into a games room and gym.

[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 8:04]

Iron Lion Zion

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 08:08 - Apr 4 with 2092 viewsitfcjoe

I sorted out my ITFC collection the other day and basically have every shirt back to 1992 in some form or another including 3 of the 5 or 6 one off shirts we wore that were never available for sale

After I did this, a bloke contacted me to show me his, and it's an unbelievable stash - basically match worn and prepared shirts back into the old Division 2 games, all the one offs, Wembley match prepared shirts, the same for Milts and Bam Bam's testimonials and apparently a sh*t load of training gear too.

I have the home shirt with the red Pioneer stripe on from the mid 80s but is a large boys sadly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 08:17 - Apr 4 with 2061 viewsGlasgowBlue

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 08:08 - Apr 4 by itfcjoe

I sorted out my ITFC collection the other day and basically have every shirt back to 1992 in some form or another including 3 of the 5 or 6 one off shirts we wore that were never available for sale

After I did this, a bloke contacted me to show me his, and it's an unbelievable stash - basically match worn and prepared shirts back into the old Division 2 games, all the one offs, Wembley match prepared shirts, the same for Milts and Bam Bam's testimonials and apparently a sh*t load of training gear too.

I have the home shirt with the red Pioneer stripe on from the mid 80s but is a large boys sadly

Back when I was more obsessive by ITFC I managed to collect either a replica or original of every home shirt we have worn since 1936.

I still buy a home shirt every year just to maintain the collection. For some reason p, I forgot it but the 2014/15 shirt. I need to track one of those down on eBay.

Iron Lion Zion

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 08:44 - Apr 4 with 2042 viewsitfcjoe

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 08:17 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

Back when I was more obsessive by ITFC I managed to collect either a replica or original of every home shirt we have worn since 1936.

I still buy a home shirt every year just to maintain the collection. For some reason p, I forgot it but the 2014/15 shirt. I need to track one of those down on eBay.

What originals have you got back through the years? Any real rarities?

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 08:53 - Apr 4 with 2026 viewsGlasgowBlue

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 08:44 - Apr 4 by itfcjoe

What originals have you got back through the years? Any real rarities?

Nothing one could call rare other than the signed 1981 away shirt but I managed to get all of the original Adidas shirts from 1984 up until went back to Umbro in 1989.

The 1986 shirt was the hardest to find. The one with the red and white V neck.

[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 8:54]

Iron Lion Zion

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 09:25 - Apr 4 with 1989 viewsitfcjoe

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 08:53 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

Nothing one could call rare other than the signed 1981 away shirt but I managed to get all of the original Adidas shirts from 1984 up until went back to Umbro in 1989.

Those 84-89 ones are worth a small fortune now

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 09:37 - Apr 4 with 1978 viewsBluespeed225

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 09:25 - Apr 4 by itfcjoe

Those 84-89 ones are worth a small fortune now

The centenary 1988 shirt is a beaut.
Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 10:13 - Apr 4 with 1949 viewsSingBlue

I had one of those and along with my son, gave it as an offering to Sir Bobbys statue when he sadly passed. Never thought it would be worth that much but (even though I’m sure it would’ve been nicked) I’m still very glad that we did it, it showed my son what SirBob meant to me.
Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 12:10 - Apr 4 with 1915 viewsEnigma_Blue

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 09:37 - Apr 4 by Bluespeed225

The centenary 1988 shirt is a beaut.

I have a matchworn centenary shirt. Paid £300 for it on ebay about 5 years ago. I don't know who wore this shirt but it's got the number 8 on the back.
Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 12:26 - Apr 4 with 1885 viewsHullblue

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 08:53 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

If you don’t mind me asking, how did you get hold of the original Adidas ones?

I’m looking for any of the Adidas ones from 77-88 in a medium or large men’s. Seen a few come up on eBay but difficult to know whether they’re legit or not.

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 12:34 - Apr 4 with 1871 viewsEnigma_Blue

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 12:10 - Apr 4 by Enigma_Blue

I have a matchworn centenary shirt. Paid £300 for it on ebay about 5 years ago. I don't know who wore this shirt but it's got the number 8 on the back.

https://postimg.cc/qhChV3bD
Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 13:37 - Apr 4 with 1823 viewsGlasgowBlue

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 12:26 - Apr 4 by Hullblue

If you don’t mind me asking, how did you get hold of the original Adidas ones?

I’m looking for any of the Adidas ones from 77-88 in a medium or large men’s. Seen a few come up on eBay but difficult to know whether they’re legit or not.

Mostly eBay. The signed shirt was from a memorabilia shop in London.

Did the framing and photos myself.

I’ve got a 1980 Adidas shirt that I framed but it’s a fake from Japan. Still looks nice though.

Iron Lion Zion

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 13:39 - Apr 4 with 1820 viewsGlasgowBlue

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 12:34 - Apr 4 by Enigma_Blue

https://postimg.cc/qhChV3bD

That’s lovely

Iron Lion Zion

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 14:42 - Apr 4 with 1790 viewsBrixtonBlue

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 13:39 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

That’s lovely

Needs to cut his toenails though.

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 15:05 - Apr 4 with 1761 viewsEnigma_Blue

Stunning town top on Classic Football Shirts on 14:42 - Apr 4 by BrixtonBlue

Needs to cut his toenails though.

I only cut them when I have a bath but it's not time yet for that once yearly event.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024