Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who’s been directly affected by the situation? 15:41 - Apr 3 with 1441 viewsIllinoisblue

In terms of your job/pay? Our CEO has announced 5% pay reduction across the entire company, pay raises suspended until at least Q3, and possible reduction in hours for some business units. Find out more at 1pm today. No talk of layoffs just yet...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 15:50 - Apr 3 with 1400 viewshype313

Nothing as yet, but won't be surprised to get furloughed within the next week. This incoming recession will make 2008 seem like a tea party.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 15:52 - Apr 3 with 1382 viewsmr_bean

Temporary 10% reduction in hours and pay (although those further up the ladder will be taking a hit to the tune of between 30% and 50%). Suspension of pay increases and profit sharing.

Although the commitment has been made to restore things "as soon as possible", the word is that the reduction is likely to be in place for the remainder of 2020 at least.
Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 16:00 - Apr 3 with 1339 viewshampstead_blue

I was furloughed today and my wife is 50/50. I gave a strong hint I would accept it. I also declined my pay rise which should have been given to me in December but will take it when I return instead.

We're lucky that it won't change our lifestyle but we were due to start a housing development which has been delayed. The main contractor has had to furlough their staff. It sits hard with us as we would want to do as much as we can.

I think Mrs H and I may see what we can do when they come back. Life is about giving and the gesture, even if modest, can make such a huge difference.

Edit:
We both work for charities. My CEO, COO and the rest of the staff (50% remain to support beneficiaries) have taken a 20% pay cut.

However, I think one bloke who works on my team, I'm his boss, has refused to accept a 20% pay cut which won't look good when we have a coffee when I return.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 16:02]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 16:05 - Apr 3 with 1328 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

20% pay cut across the board for all staff, no furloughs as yet though.

I completely appreciate the unprecedented nature of the scenario and we will survive as a family, however it does begin to sting mentally when we do not know how long this could go on for.

Perspective is crucial though as there will be many worse off in health and to them I wish them all the best.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 16:06 - Apr 3 with 1327 viewsFtnfwest

20% cut in April pay packet across the board (got end of March 100% as per usual). They're trying to keep as many of us as possible for as long as they can as there's still hefty workload. Busier in last 2 weeks than the previous period definitely. We're 100+ strong in the UK and in my section out of 21, 2 have been furloughed.
Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 16:20 - Apr 3 with 1292 viewsUB9Blue

I was freelance for a construction company. Haven't received wages or expenses for February or March and won't get government help as I pay myself through a limited company.
The business is closed until further notice so I am likely to receive outstanding monies.
Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 18:00 - Apr 3 with 1193 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've been very very lucky. Was freelance for 2.5 years, became perm just as the crisis happened. On full pay with not a great deal of work to do. Haven't even been into the office, which is a weird way to start a new job. Also my missus got a pay rise yesterday!

Sorry. I genuinely feel for everyone who's been hit and appreciate how lucky we've been.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 18:03 - Apr 3 with 1183 viewsitfcjoe

Furloughed until further notice, and earn a decent chunk above the maximum income so a big drop in salary.

Family business, so I know I’ll be ok so don’t have to deal with that uncertainty, but we fundamentally have zero work so not much we can do

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 18:08 - Apr 3 with 1170 viewsSpruceMoose

I've been extremely fortunate so far. I work for an organisation with sufficient finance and conscience that I'm just 'working' from home on full pay and benefits and will be so for the foreseeable future.

My employer has even gone as far as to make sure our third party staff such as cleaners, security staff and catering providers are all 'working' from home on full pay too. They were extremely proactive in closing our building, so I was working from home a good week or two before the government shut everything down.

Obviously that can't last forever, but for now I appreciate how fortunate I am. It must be extremely upsetting and stressful facing down health worries and combining that with finance worries.

But hey, that's America for a lot of people every day of the year right?
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 18:09]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 18:16 - Apr 3 with 1130 viewsPecker

Still being paid the same, but we have a meeting on Monday to discuss taking a voluntary 33% pay cut and donate to help local homeless charities. I will definitely do this and hope my senior team do the same. All other staff will continue to be paid while we are closed.
Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 18:25 - Apr 3 with 1114 viewsWD19

Had a 10% pay rise frozen. Now a 12% pay cut and will have my pension contribution reduced by 4 percentage points.

So about a 25% pay cut all told.
Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 18:31 - Apr 3 with 1099 viewsPecker

Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 18:25 - Apr 3 by WD19

Had a 10% pay rise frozen. Now a 12% pay cut and will have my pension contribution reduced by 4 percentage points.

So about a 25% pay cut all told.

That is tough. Worrying times for a lot. Luckily I am overpaid (IMHO) so can afford to help others at the moment, but will definitely continue to help others, even when this terrible situation is over.
Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 18:49 - Apr 3 with 1049 viewsWD19

Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 18:31 - Apr 3 by Pecker

That is tough. Worrying times for a lot. Luckily I am overpaid (IMHO) so can afford to help others at the moment, but will definitely continue to help others, even when this terrible situation is over.

I am in a similar boat to you.

As much as anything I am leading by example. I have already had to put c.800 ppl into the CJPS over the past couple of weeks - so a temporary pay cut is no great hardship by comparison.
Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 20:22 - Apr 3 with 922 viewshoppy

I've today had to put some money INTO my company account, as a buffer, as had gone over the arranged overdraft :( Desperately still waiting to hear if I get the Small Business Rates relief grant as they hadn't updated my change of business address last year, and have still sent this year's bill and letter confirming that I qualified for it (at my old address) to my old address. If I for some reason don't now qualify, that could be the difference between sinking and swimming with only small jobs coming through at the moment. I have no other income other than through my company.

As posted before...

I've had two clients that I've already done work for that can't now pay due to the fact they've had to suspend operations or cancel shows (Travel/sightseeing and entertainment sectors), worth almost 2 grand of work done so far, with the jobs not finished yet - potentially just on hold, but also possibly never too be completed if they go out of business themselves.
That's a big hit to a small business, even if it's not a lot to bigger ones.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 22:44 - Apr 3 with 775 viewsRonFearonsHair

Yes. Have been made redundant. Jobs looking somewhat more sparse too. What ho.
Who’s been directly affected by the situation? on 07:59 - Apr 4 with 608 viewsSuperblue95

I’ve been very lucky. I was the sole person brought into the office this week while the rest of the organisation were laid off (aside from the top dogs who were given laptops to work from home) as they needed a body in the office and I was apparently the most responsible!!

On top of that I’ve been given a 5K a year payrise early.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024