Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PFA..do it now! 15:54 - Apr 3 with 868 viewshampstead_blue

But in a lengthy statement, the PFA dismisses claims that it is blocking wage deferrals, insisting that it is instead looking for a “structured and unified approach” to the issue. Talks between the PFA, LMA, EFL and Premier League are due to continue on Friday.

It's amazing that the PFA want to drag this through umpteen committees and steering groups when all they need to do is.....

"Yes, we will reduce the Prem and Champ players wages by 75% or the League average, whichever is lower."

Done....what would you like me to deal with next?
(See, it's the old soldier in me. No faffing around just get it done and move on)

Makes me sick.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

PFA..do it now! on 15:59 - Apr 3 with 843 viewsHerbivore

How is the PFA meant to unilaterally reduce players' wages?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

PFA..do it now! on 16:07 - Apr 3 with 822 viewshampstead_blue

PFA..do it now! on 15:59 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

Tell their members to follow the lead.

I've just seen that they are now taking a 30% cut which is an insult. That actually makes it worse.

30% when you are on £much is rubbing it in.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

PFA..do it now! on 16:43 - Apr 3 with 777 viewsronnyd

PFA..do it now! on 16:07 - Apr 3 by hampstead_blue

I've just seen that they are now taking a 30% cut which is an insult. That actually makes it worse.

Many PL players are by nature mercenaries, so it's no surprise to me.
PFA..do it now! on 16:51 - Apr 3 with 770 viewsRadlett_blue

PFA..do it now! on 15:59 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

The PFA cannot do that, but they could at least show some leadership, rather than their usual obstructionist approach when anyone suggests that their "members" are doing anything a little wrong.
And yes, there is a big difference between a Premier League player earning £3.5m a year than a League 2 player earning £40k a year, but that doesn't mean the PFA should abdicate its responsibility to encourage PL players to do the right thing.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

PFA..do it now! on 17:32 - Apr 3 with 740 viewsBloomBlue

PFA..do it now! on 16:07 - Apr 3 by hampstead_blue

Is it confirmed they're taking a 30% pay cut as it sounded like it was going to be proposed to players?
PFA..do it now! on 17:56 - Apr 3 with 713 viewshampstead_blue

PFA..do it now! on 17:32 - Apr 3 by BloomBlue

Is it confirmed they're taking a 30% pay cut as it sounded like it was going to be proposed to players?

It's not enough.

They need to do more and leave the money in the club so the other employees can keep their own jobs.

I'm furious about this. They get a chance and what do they do? Call the butler for another glass of chilled Angel tears with roasted swan.....

PFA..do it now! on 17:58 - Apr 3 with 711 viewsitfcjoe

PFA..do it now! on 17:56 - Apr 3 by hampstead_blue

It's not enough.

They need to do more and leave the money in the club so the other employees can keep their own jobs.

I'm furious about this. They get a chance and what do they do? Call the butler for another glass of chilled Angel tears with roasted swan.....

How many other industries are taking 30% pay cuts across the board?

I haven’t noticed the investment bankers, hedge fund managers and Tory donors doing so
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 17:59]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

PFA..do it now! on 18:23 - Apr 3 with 685 viewspointofblue

PFA..do it now! on 17:58 - Apr 3 by itfcjoe

How many other industries are taking 30% pay cuts across the board?

I haven’t noticed the investment bankers, hedge fund managers and Tory donors doing so
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 17:59]

Most other industries where the employers earn that amount of money are still in work, as they are predominantly IT based so can carry on at home. Footballers, through no fault of their own, are earning for nothing.

It’s also worth noting quite a few executives have already taken cuts.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

PFA..do it now! on 18:26 - Apr 3 with 681 viewsitfcjoe

PFA..do it now! on 18:23 - Apr 3 by pointofblue

Most other industries where the employers earn that amount of money are still in work, as they are predominantly IT based so can carry on at home. Footballers, through no fault of their own, are earning for nothing.

It’s also worth noting quite a few executives have already taken cuts.

I think PL clubs taking the Govt money was wrong, but it does seem that footballers are held up to such a higher standard than everyone else

Whilst they may not be able to work, they will all still need to be training and keeping fit for their job which is a main part of the job for 6 days a week as it is

Also, whilst some executives are, this is a unilateral decision for all players - not just those who are electing too - no other industry would do that
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 18:28]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

PFA..do it now! on 18:39 - Apr 3 with 654 viewsBerkshire_Blue

I’m amazed at all the people volunteering other people to take a pay cut.
PFA..do it now! on 21:21 - Apr 3 with 580 viewsBasuco

Televised rock, paper, scissors would be better.
PFA..do it now! on 21:53 - Apr 3 with 565 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

The govt are getting less tax now! 40% of the 30%!

The prem are giving the efl £125 mil I guess to help out the 72 clubs!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024