Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bam bam 23:22 - Apr 3 with 1449 viewskesblue

He didn't get nowhere near enough credit.
Would easily get in the team now, but as a striker or centre back?
Bam bam on 23:24 - Apr 3 with 1432 viewsEwan_Oozami

Both, we'd only need 10 men if he was playing..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Bam bam on 23:28 - Apr 3 with 1410 viewsGirthyguy

Both easily
Bam bam on 23:28 - Apr 3 with 1408 viewsjeera

He got plenty of credit from those who could see what he brought.

As for position, he'd play anyway he was needed and give his all.

I really liked him, and with the likes of him and Matt Holland and Jamie Clapham and a few others who were allegedly crap according to some of out fan base...

They got us into fecking Europe.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 23:29]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bam bam on 23:34 - Apr 3 with 1383 viewsStNeotsBlue

In the current team he could easily slot in at either role and do a decent job. But back in the day I didn't think he was quite up to the standard of the team we were then.

But fair play to him in the biggest game of his career he more then stepped up to the plate.
Bam bam on 23:37 - Apr 3 with 1366 viewsjeera

Bam bam on 23:34 - Apr 3 by StNeotsBlue

In the current team he could easily slot in at either role and do a decent job. But back in the day I didn't think he was quite up to the standard of the team we were then.

But fair play to him in the biggest game of his career he more then stepped up to the plate.

I seem to remember him clearing a ball off the line at a freezing cold day at Derby one January, which we went on to win 1-0.

That was typical of him in my mind.

Against Inter one moment playing his heart out, and doing the same in the ice against Derby.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bam bam on 23:40 - Apr 3 with 1354 viewsmonytowbray

Always had a soft spot for Naylor. Class on his day, solid on an off day.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Bam bam on 00:00 - Apr 4 with 1316 viewsRocky

Bam bam on 23:34 - Apr 3 by StNeotsBlue

Yes, it's all comparative. Not really a top player in attack, but a solid enough defender when he was converted there. In the present team, he would stand out in either position - just for his commitment alone. Something we've needed for a long time.
Bam bam on 00:19 - Apr 4 with 1294 viewsEpiphone

Outstanding in the Playoff Final and personified the “never say die” attitude of the time.
Login to get fewer ads

Bam bam on 01:48 - Apr 4 with 1257 viewsGirthyguy

Bam bam on 23:40 - Apr 3 by monytowbray

Always had a soft spot for Naylor. Class on his day, solid on an off day.

Thing is Naylors off day couldn't be faulted either really. I can't think of a game where he cost us dearly although there probably was the odd occasion but when we played badly I doubt we could make him the scapegoat.
Bam bam on 07:21 - Apr 4 with 1127 viewspeterleeblue

He could probably get in the team NOW!

Another who I think could do a job in the current team is Chris Swailes (currently doing a great job as manager of Dunston in the Northern Premier League)
Bam bam on 09:35 - Apr 4 with 1016 viewsBluespeed225

Late 90’s as an impact sub! Crowd knew we’d be ‘going long’ when he came on, but it worked! Used to cause panic in opposition defence when the ball was put in the mixer!
Bam bam on 09:45 - Apr 4 with 1009 viewsTrequartista

Bam bam on 01:48 - Apr 4 by Girthyguy

Thing is Naylors off day couldn't be faulted either really. I can't think of a game where he cost us dearly although there probably was the odd occasion but when we played badly I doubt we could make him the scapegoat.

Forest at home 2002/03 he cost us, that was the play-offs gone.

Totally not his fault though, Royle decided to switch him to centre-back mid-season instead of close season, and he just wasn't up to speed with defending at that point.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Bam bam on 09:47 - Apr 4 with 1007 viewsTrequartista

He was never really good enough as a striker but would have a blinder every now and then. Eventually became a better defender than striker.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Bam bam on 10:20 - Apr 4 with 970 viewsNthsuffolkblue

In both positions easily.

He was a Premier League/Championship level of each in his time. We are now a League 1 team and not even a top one at that.

Not quite sure what your point is.

I think he was a decent striker not quite up to the level the team were at (hence why he was mainly a sub in that role) who was better suited to the centre back role later in his career.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bam bam on 10:43 - Apr 4 with 954 viewsbournemouthblue

He'd probably be very effective up front at this level, considering he did a half decent job next to Stewart in the Premier League

He'd probably be exactly what we need

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bam bam on 11:14 - Apr 4 with 922 viewssparks

Bam bam on 10:43 - Apr 4 by bournemouthblue

He'd probably be very effective up front at this level, considering he did a half decent job next to Stewart in the Premier League

He'd probably be exactly what we need

What people routinely failed to notice, was that he had an excellent football brain and vision. He played for his partner in a way few do.

That game Finidi had that people still rave about (Might have been Derby at home?). Naylor was comfortably MOM for me that day and created most of the opportunities Finidi enjoyed.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024