Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Look at these trolls 09:26 - Apr 4 with 2051 viewsBluefish

clearly all got mental problems
How can they say he has failed? He just needs more time

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/jury-deliver-verdict-on-league-one-managers-1-65931

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Look at these trolls on 09:39 - Apr 4 with 1979 viewsPJH

I have just been reading that, only about three League One journalist do not see PL as the biggest disappointment/failure.

Seems not only (some) ITFC supporters think that ITFC should be doing better.
Look at these trolls on 09:41 - Apr 4 with 1980 viewsitfcjoe

It's embarrassing really - the only other person with more than one mention is Grayson who was sacked weeks ago

And Lambert has about 15 more mentions than Grayson as it is!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Look at these trolls on 09:51 - Apr 4 with 1950 viewsChrisd

Yep, should make difficult reading for PL and all concerned at the club. Interesting, when one of the journalists says, ‘Earlier in the season they we were top, but not very convincing,’ mirrors a lot from what was said on here. PL has got some serious thinking to do about managerial approach in going forwards, but the players have let themselves down too.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Look at these trolls on 09:56 - Apr 4 with 1915 viewsBluefish

Look at these trolls on 09:51 - Apr 4 by Chrisd

Yep, should make difficult reading for PL and all concerned at the club. Interesting, when one of the journalists says, ‘Earlier in the season they we were top, but not very convincing,’ mirrors a lot from what was said on here. PL has got some serious thinking to do about managerial approach in going forwards, but the players have let themselves down too.

If only I had a pound for everytime I was told I was talking rubbish because we were top 2

Look at these trolls on 10:02 - Apr 4 with 1897 viewsDubtractor

Writing this season off is in some ways irrelevant to itfc, but as far as removing Lambert it's a disaster. He'll now get the start of next season and another chance that he absolutely does not deserve.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

He'll just buy them a beer and..... on 10:07 - Apr 4 with 1878 viewsBloots

….tell them what amazing journalists they are.

They'll soon see what a "fantastic human being and a wonderful person" he is.

It seems to work on some people.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Look at these trolls on 10:34 - Apr 4 with 1829 viewsBlueBadger

Look at these trolls on 09:39 - Apr 4 by PJH

I have just been reading that, only about three League One journalist do not see PL as the biggest disappointment/failure.

I just wonder what it is in the psyche of ITFC supporters over the last 10-15 years that makes people support incompetent managers far more than the competent ones.

Even now, there are people who will defend Keane and Jewell to the last.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Look at these trolls on 10:38 - Apr 4 with 1809 viewsHerbivore

Look at these trolls on 09:51 - Apr 4 by Chrisd

If we sack Lambert, and surely we will, then I can't see him getting another managerial job again. He's a failure.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 10:46]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Look at these trolls on 10:44 - Apr 4 with 1793 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting how most of them run with the 'they've got a good squad or good players' thing as well, despite what Lambo's defenders telling us that it's the fault of the players.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

He'll just buy them a beer and..... on 10:45 - Apr 4 with 1793 viewsBlueBadger

He'll just buy them a beer and..... on 10:07 - Apr 4 by Bloots

….tell them what amazing journalists they are.

They'll soon see what a "fantastic human being and a wonderful person" he is.

It seems to work on some people.

My favourite bit of this is 'seems like the sort of manager who sets out not to lose first and foremost, which isn’t really good enough for a club the size of Ipswich in League One', which seems like a glorious irony, when you think about it a bit.

Look at these trolls on 10:55 - Apr 4 with 1744 viewsLankHenners

Look at these trolls on 09:39 - Apr 4 by PJH

And from reading their comments it's hard not to feel that the ones not mentioning him are doing so because they're just trying to name someone other than the glaringly obvious answer.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Look at these trolls on 11:14 - Apr 4 with 1704 viewsjonncfc

Sorry everyone - I’ll ‘fess up to being an interloper from north of the border (well, footballing-wise anyway, even if not necessarily geographically). Hopefully, though, in these disturbing times you won’t hold that against me too much.

Lambert is an intriguing one. Goes without saying that things went extremely well for him and us during that rise from League 1 to Prem, but the reality is that pretty much everywhere else he’s been it really hasn’t worked. Why? Who knows. It might have been that when he came to us he inherited a strong squad that was enormously better than the opening 7.1 stuffing by Colchester might have suggested. However, what he did with us seems to have been the exception that proves the rule and, sadly for you, it seems to be going the same way for him now as it has so many times before.

That said, my gut feeling is that the footballing powers that be will have to face reality before long and void the current season entirely. Really can’t see any other way because this horrible situation isn’t going to go away for a very long time yet. In that scenario you really can’t judge whether he’s succeeded or failed because, regardless of the apparent downward trajectory, you are/were still firmly in a position to challenge for the play-offs, even if performances might suggest otherwise. This means, like it or not, you’ll probably be stuck with him next season (if there is one).

Stay safe guys.
They've waived the rule about screening matches live..... on 12:07 - Apr 4 with 1631 viewsBloots

Look at these trolls on 11:14 - Apr 4 by jonncfc

Sorry everyone - I’ll ‘fess up to being an interloper from north of the border (well, footballing-wise anyway, even if not necessarily geographically). Hopefully, though, in these disturbing times you won’t hold that against me too much.

Lambert is an intriguing one. Goes without saying that things went extremely well for him and us during that rise from League 1 to Prem, but the reality is that pretty much everywhere else he’s been it really hasn’t worked. Why? Who knows. It might have been that when he came to us he inherited a strong squad that was enormously better than the opening 7.1 stuffing by Colchester might have suggested. However, what he did with us seems to have been the exception that proves the rule and, sadly for you, it seems to be going the same way for him now as it has so many times before.

That said, my gut feeling is that the footballing powers that be will have to face reality before long and void the current season entirely. Really can’t see any other way because this horrible situation isn’t going to go away for a very long time yet. In that scenario you really can’t judge whether he’s succeeded or failed because, regardless of the apparent downward trajectory, you are/were still firmly in a position to challenge for the play-offs, even if performances might suggest otherwise. This means, like it or not, you’ll probably be stuck with him next season (if there is one).

Stay safe guys.

….at 3pm on Saturdays, which logically leads to the conclusion that they intend to play the rest of the season behind closed doors.

So you'll still get relegated.

Unlucky.

Look at these trolls on 12:48 - Apr 4 with 1562 viewsBluefish

Look at these trolls on 10:38 - Apr 4 by Herbivore

If we sack Lambert, and surely we will, then I can't see him getting another managerial job again. He's a failure.

The overwhelming response from other sets of fans is that they can't believe we hired him. They considered him done in football before that, we aren't the 1st set of fans to call him Shambert

Look at these trolls on 13:23 - Apr 4 with 1496 viewsChrisd

Look at these trolls on 10:38 - Apr 4 by Herbivore

I agree, I think this was the last chance saloon for him.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Look at these trolls on 14:34 - Apr 4 with 1382 viewsEwan_Oozami

...that's the way to do it,
Play the idiot on the message board...

(apologies to Mark Knopfler..)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Look at these trolls on 15:05 - Apr 4 with 1326 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Oh how pathetic and depressing is that read.

All but 1 or 2 I believe have Paul Lambert as 'fell at the first hurdle', in essence, royally f*cked up.

Even bloody Watson voted for his own.

It has really been a terrible season, realistically he shouldn't have a leg to stand on as to why he should keep this job next year.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 15:05]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Look at these trolls on 15:59 - Apr 4 with 1268 viewsericclacton

I go to most home games when I'm not in Germany, this season has been an absolute shambles, no structure, feeble midfield,rubbish defence too many changes calling games off, i could go on and on, seriously who is going to buy season tickets to watch that dross next season if there is one.
Me and about 10,000 other knobheads probably. (n/t) on 16:03 - Apr 4 with 1255 viewsBloots

Look at these trolls on 15:59 - Apr 4 by ericclacton

I go to most home games when I'm not in Germany, this season has been an absolute shambles, no structure, feeble midfield,rubbish defence too many changes calling games off, i could go on and on, seriously who is going to buy season tickets to watch that dross next season if there is one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024