Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise 17:31 - Apr 4 with 2060 viewsBluefish

to them both and appoint a Mick and Magic dream team 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 09:49 - Apr 5 with 1865 viewsr2d2

Id take them back in a heart beat. Anyone who is happy where we are needs to take a long hard look at themselves.
Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 10:25 - Apr 5 with 1844 viewspointofblue

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 09:49 - Apr 5 by r2d2

Id take them back in a heart beat. Anyone who is happy where we are needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

I doubt any Town fan is pleased with the position we’re in and not many more believe Lambert should be given more time to turn it around. Saying that, just because he isn’t the answer doesn’t mean Mick and Jim are. Both left under a cloud because of issues on and off the pitch, neither have had great success since departing (how many goals did Ireland manage to put past Gibraltar in total? Three?) and I can’t see them working well together either.

As said many times before just because Keane and Hurst/Lambert weren’t the answers doesn’t mean Jim and Mick shouldn’t have left when they did. Even if the club and the fans could have handled the situation better in both cases.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 10:33 - Apr 5 with 1824 viewsPinewoodblue

If Mick and Magic are the answer it must be a stupid question.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 10:35 - Apr 5 with 1818 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 10:38 - Apr 5 with 1813 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 10:25 - Apr 5 by pointofblue

I doubt any Town fan is pleased with the position we’re in and not many more believe Lambert should be given more time to turn it around. Saying that, just because he isn’t the answer doesn’t mean Mick and Jim are. Both left under a cloud because of issues on and off the pitch, neither have had great success since departing (how many goals did Ireland manage to put past Gibraltar in total? Three?) and I can’t see them working well together either.

As said many times before just because Keane and Hurst/Lambert weren’t the answers doesn’t mean Jim and Mick shouldn’t have left when they did. Even if the club and the fans could have handled the situation better in both cases.

When Mick left it was impossible for him.to stay. Unfortunately too large a section of our fans for whatever reason thought someone could do better and do it playing better football. It was never possible. I still understand the argument against the style. Mick was all about results and if those aren't still giving us a shot at playoffs the style was just not acceptable anymore. BUT the consquences are what they are and here we are. He will never come back here. Hjs treatment was absolutely disgraceful. You would think we would learn from it but some of the posts ive seen from his leaving Ireland post have blown my mind. Some people are just not very pleasant behind a keyboard.

We shoukdn't go back to Mick anyway. Fans would be on him from the minute we lose a game. He woukd never come back this. Why should he. Quite frankly he is beyond our current level.

I'm in the minority that would allow Lambert to build on what he's started (I think he'll be phasing in El Mizouni, Dobra and Lankaster etc and has a head start over someone coming in) but he has no more lives and if he has to hit ground running and maintain it next year.

If he's sacked it completly justifiable but can we all just stop with the insults at managers. It has hardly helped!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 10:44 - Apr 5 with 1790 viewsBluefish

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 10:38 - Apr 5 by Terry_Nutkins

When Mick left it was impossible for him.to stay. Unfortunately too large a section of our fans for whatever reason thought someone could do better and do it playing better football. It was never possible. I still understand the argument against the style. Mick was all about results and if those aren't still giving us a shot at playoffs the style was just not acceptable anymore. BUT the consquences are what they are and here we are. He will never come back here. Hjs treatment was absolutely disgraceful. You would think we would learn from it but some of the posts ive seen from his leaving Ireland post have blown my mind. Some people are just not very pleasant behind a keyboard.

We shoukdn't go back to Mick anyway. Fans would be on him from the minute we lose a game. He woukd never come back this. Why should he. Quite frankly he is beyond our current level.

I'm in the minority that would allow Lambert to build on what he's started (I think he'll be phasing in El Mizouni, Dobra and Lankaster etc and has a head start over someone coming in) but he has no more lives and if he has to hit ground running and maintain it next year.

If he's sacked it completly justifiable but can we all just stop with the insults at managers. It has hardly helped!

OK mate

P.s. Lambert is a ****

Is the question..... on 10:49 - Apr 5 with 1784 viewsBloots

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 10:33 - Apr 5 by Pinewoodblue

If Mick and Magic are the answer it must be a stupid question.

…."name the only Ipswich managers in the last 15 years get them anywhere vaguely near the Premier League?"

Is that a stupid question?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 13:34 - Apr 5 with 1675 viewsFifeITFC

Ignoring my own personal thoughts:

1) Would you come back if you were Mick?
2) Why is Mick the only answer to Lambert's replacement? Most complained his football was horrible and his attitude was stubborn and caused massive conflict. Do you not remember that? Would you want to go back to that?
3) Even if he did come back, he would never come back and start with a "clean slate", both with supporters or behind the scenes.

He left in the cloud, it was the right time, it was untenable. OK, his replacements haven't done better but doesn't mean Mick is or was the answer. He's gone, he won't or wouldn't come back.

Time to stop living in the past and look forward, not backwards.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 13:35 - Apr 5 with 1672 viewsmonty_radio

Mick and Magic together at last! How long would you give it? The joint pressers would be an improvement on the usual dullfests. Phil would get it in the neck in Stereo. The two of them could take it in turns, one providing the hard stare, the other giving the forthright response. If your hard question cleared the barbed wire, the sentry in the tower would get you.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 13:43 - Apr 5 with 1654 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 10:44 - Apr 5 by Bluefish

OK mate

P.s. Lambert is a ****

here's brains!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 14:57 - Apr 5 with 1591 viewsblueislander

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 13:35 - Apr 5 by monty_radio

Mick and Magic together at last! How long would you give it? The joint pressers would be an improvement on the usual dullfests. Phil would get it in the neck in Stereo. The two of them could take it in turns, one providing the hard stare, the other giving the forthright response. If your hard question cleared the barbed wire, the sentry in the tower would get you.

McCarthy and Magilton would be totally incompatible. They are so different in temperament, and have completely views on how football should be played.
Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 16:07 - Apr 5 with 1542 viewsElephantintheRoom

You dont think that perhaps Magilton's useless use of funds and McCartthy's intransigence and stupidity, not to mention complete failure to try and build a team might be just a teensy part of the problem? Just like the calls for Burley - who actually piloted the club onto the rocks and insolvency, harking back to duds who are architects of the current problem is utterly absurd.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 17:45 - Apr 5 with 1493 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 10:38 - Apr 5 by Terry_Nutkins

This deserves more uppies than it will get.

I would like to see Lambert build a team with a 3 of Dobra/El Mizouni/Lankester in behind a central striker. We are a long way away from this given injuries although feasible for next year.

As you state though, if he is sacked it would be justifiable given performance this year.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 17:47 - Apr 5 with 1490 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 10:44 - Apr 5 by Bluefish

OK mate

P.s. Lambert is a ****

Terry makes a perfectly logical and sensible response you your post.

You come back with a personal dig at Paul Lambert, who you’ve never met by the way.

Shows a bad reflection on you Fishers

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 17:50 - Apr 5 with 1485 viewspatrickswell

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 16:07 - Apr 5 by ElephantintheRoom

You dont think that perhaps Magilton's useless use of funds and McCartthy's intransigence and stupidity, not to mention complete failure to try and build a team might be just a teensy part of the problem? Just like the calls for Burley - who actually piloted the club onto the rocks and insolvency, harking back to duds who are architects of the current problem is utterly absurd.

Mick’s failure to build a team? I know it’s a stick used to beat him with by some cf “proper blokes” etc, but one feature of Mick’s time was that you generally had a good idea who at least half of the starting 11 would be. Not sure that’s true of most of our other post-Royle managers.
Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 17:58 - Apr 5 with 1480 viewsBluefish

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 17:47 - Apr 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

Terry makes a perfectly logical and sensible response you your post.

You come back with a personal dig at Paul Lambert, who you’ve never met by the way.

Shows a bad reflection on you Fishers

Lol

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 18:47 - Apr 5 with 1442 viewssundaze

Why not go for Burley and Magilton? Burley the last town manager to achieve anything and he brought Magilton to the club and got the best out of him as a player, so they could work well together.
Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 20:55 - Apr 5 with 1413 viewsFifeITFC

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 18:47 - Apr 5 by sundaze

Why not go for Burley and Magilton? Burley the last town manager to achieve anything and he brought Magilton to the club and got the best out of him as a player, so they could work well together.

Look forward, not back.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 01:02 - Apr 6 with 1377 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Marcus needs to accept his mistakes and apologise on 17:58 - Apr 5 by Bluefish

Lol

I need say no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024