Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick or Lambert? 18:49 - Apr 4 with 2121 viewsGirthyguy

Mick for me.
Mick or Lambert? on 18:51 - Apr 4 with 1858 viewsfactual_blue

Hurst.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mick or Lambert? on 18:53 - Apr 4 with 1845 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone saying anything other than 'Mick' needs sectioning.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick or Lambert? on 18:55 - Apr 4 with 1833 viewsPJH

Mick or Lambert? on 18:53 - Apr 4 by BlueBadger

Anyone saying anything other than 'Mick' needs sectioning.

Although Mick never paid for my coach trip to Blackburn.
Mick or Lambert? on 18:55 - Apr 4 with 1829 viewsBlueBadger

Mick or Lambert? on 18:55 - Apr 4 by PJH

And we had to buy HIM beers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick or Lambert? on 18:56 - Apr 4 with 1828 viewsfactual_blue

Mick or Lambert? on 18:55 - Apr 4 by PJH

That's because you wanted a return ticket.

Mick or Lambert? on 18:57 - Apr 4 with 1822 viewsPJH

Mick or Lambert? on 18:56 - Apr 4 by factual_blue

That's because you wanted a return ticket.

and I got a letter signed by Paul Lambert.
Mick or Lambert? on 18:58 - Apr 4 with 1823 viewsTrequartista

Mick Lambert

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mick or Lambert? on 19:04 - Apr 4 with 1804 viewsfactual_blue

Mick or Lambert? on 18:57 - Apr 4 by PJH

and I got a letter signed by Paul Lambert.

You say 'signed letter', everybody else says 'banning order'.

Login to get fewer ads

Mick or Lambert? on 19:05 - Apr 4 with 1799 viewsPJH

Mick or Lambert? on 18:58 - Apr 4 by Trequartista

Mick Lambert

or almost an ex Beatle.
Mick or Lambert? on 19:30 - Apr 4 with 1764 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can I be contraire and say neither? Mick over Lambrt any day. But I'd love it if we could unearth someone who could turn us into a propoer footballing side.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mick or Lambert? on 19:45 - Apr 4 with 1747 viewsGirthyguy

Mick or Lambert? on 19:30 - Apr 4 by Swansea_Blue

Can I be contraire and say neither? Mick over Lambrt any day. But I'd love it if we could unearth someone who could turn us into a propoer footballing side.

Jack Ross
Mick or Lambert? on 19:46 - Apr 4 with 1746 viewsChrisd

Neither, time to move on.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mick or Lambert? on 19:52 - Apr 4 with 1728 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Mick was a success (obvs things went sour with the fans but you cannot argue with what he achieved with the budget).ac

Whatever happens in the future (and would love him to turn it around) but currently you can't say Lambert has been a success. This season started brightly but fallen away spectacularly.

Can see Lambert being here start of next season but he has to deliver or he's gone.

So Mick.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Mick or Lambert? on 20:22 - Apr 4 with 1681 viewsFifeITFC

Mick has long gone.

Move on.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Mick or Lambert? on 22:00 - Apr 4 with 1607 viewstractordownsouth

Would you like to dine at The Ritz or Wetherspoons?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Mick or Lambert? on 09:50 - Apr 5 with 1441 viewsr2d2

Definitely Mick.
Mick or Lambert? on 10:00 - Apr 5 with 1432 viewsHerbivore

Mick or Lambert? on 19:52 - Apr 4 by Terry_Nutkins

Mick was a success (obvs things went sour with the fans but you cannot argue with what he achieved with the budget).ac

Whatever happens in the future (and would love him to turn it around) but currently you can't say Lambert has been a success. This season started brightly but fallen away spectacularly.

Can see Lambert being here start of next season but he has to deliver or he's gone.

So Mick.

"currently you can't say Lambert has been a success" - so obvious to most it doesn't really need saying. He's been a complete disaster and I hope this season can be concluded if only so we can bin him off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick or Lambert? on 10:22 - Apr 5 with 1414 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mick or Lambert? on 14:56 - Apr 5 with 1329 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Mick or Lambert? on 10:00 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

"currently you can't say Lambert has been a success" - so obvious to most it doesn't really need saying. He's been a complete disaster and I hope this season can be concluded if only so we can bin him off.

So the original post is Mick or Lambert? So i'm just laying it out on both start with Mick was a success and Lambert hasn't been to date. Seems a fairly reasonable comment but apologies it has upset you. Hurst was a disaster. Lambert has been disappointing for sure after it looked like he had us turning a corner first few months of season.

Mick or Lambert? on 15:09 - Apr 5 with 1314 viewsHerbivore

Mick or Lambert? on 14:56 - Apr 5 by Terry_Nutkins

So the original post is Mick or Lambert? So i'm just laying it out on both start with Mick was a success and Lambert hasn't been to date. Seems a fairly reasonable comment but apologies it has upset you. Hurst was a disaster. Lambert has been disappointing for sure after it looked like he had us turning a corner first few months of season.

Lambert has been a disaster too. He took us down without a fight and spaffed a decent chunk of change on expensive loanees when doing so. He's then failed to get us challenging for promotion back to the Championship despite being very well resourced for this level. Did you see that EADT article the other day? More or less every local journo sees him as the biggest managerial failure in the league this season. "Disappointing" doesn't really begin to cover it.

Mick or Lambert? on 17:09 - Apr 5 with 1258 viewsITFC_Forever

Neither.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mick or Lambert? on 18:38 - Apr 5 with 1226 viewsChurchman

Neither for me.
Mick or Lambert? on 23:05 - Apr 6 with 1121 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Mick or Lambert? on 15:09 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

Lambert has been a disaster too. He took us down without a fight and spaffed a decent chunk of change on expensive loanees when doing so. He's then failed to get us challenging for promotion back to the Championship despite being very well resourced for this level. Did you see that EADT article the other day? More or less every local journo sees him as the biggest managerial failure in the league this season. "Disappointing" doesn't really begin to cover it.

Well that's really all we disagree on when push comes to shove - the level of disappointment/disaster. If season ends now or it resumes with no improvement he has to be judged as having failed..It would get my vote as well when you look at table and last few months.The only difference really is we have a better understanding of context. What he inherited and the route Lambert is going down (he knows the only chance is the kids coming through and managing that right). He was getting things more right then wrong at the start of season. The team are mentally much to fragile and have unravelled spectacularly. He may not get the opportunity now as he must be close to sack but i'm not there with ripping up and starting again if we can avoid it. Thats it. Hurst was different for me. If Lambert goes he goes. I'm just giving an opinion.

Mick or Lambert? on 23:13 - Apr 6 with 1104 viewsPinewoodblue

Mick or Lambert? on 18:58 - Apr 4 by Trequartista

Mick Lambert

Mick Lambert missed his chance he is 70 this year.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Mick or Lambert? on 23:13 - Apr 6 with 1105 viewsHerbivore

Mick or Lambert? on 23:05 - Apr 6 by Terry_Nutkins

Well that's really all we disagree on when push comes to shove - the level of disappointment/disaster. If season ends now or it resumes with no improvement he has to be judged as having failed..It would get my vote as well when you look at table and last few months.The only difference really is we have a better understanding of context. What he inherited and the route Lambert is going down (he knows the only chance is the kids coming through and managing that right). He was getting things more right then wrong at the start of season. The team are mentally much to fragile and have unravelled spectacularly. He may not get the opportunity now as he must be close to sack but i'm not there with ripping up and starting again if we can avoid it. Thats it. Hurst was different for me. If Lambert goes he goes. I'm just giving an opinion.

If his only chance is the kids coming through, why has he barely used them? Only 5 sides have given fewer minutes to players under 23 than us. We're not relying on kids, we're hardly giving them game time. Sorry mate, he's been an unmitigated disaster. For me he slots in just below Hurst in our worst ever manager stakes, but there's a bit of daylight to Keane and Jewell. That's how poor a job he's done. You say you don't want to rip it up and start again, that implies he's built something to rip up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024