Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PFA might just have made a bad situation worse 21:18 - Apr 4 with 2138 viewsElderGrizzly

The PFA are saying it is in the nation’s and NHS interest that footballers don’t take a pay cut.
Yet their clubs are still taking Govt money and furloughing off-field staff 🙄

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/04/liverpool-become-latest-premier
PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 21:31 - Apr 4 with 2063 viewssparks

Outright dishonest.

It only affects the nations debt, not the NHS. And is only mitigated, if the players actually donate 20% plus of their salrries. Which some will and most wont.

Disgusting that clubs are furloughing staff whilst players sit on £100k a week. Shouldnt get govt help whilst paying those salaries or having that sort of cash flow / reserves.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 21:49 - Apr 4 with 2000 viewsHerbivore

Furlough the players and let them live on £2500 a month.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 21:50 - Apr 4 with 2005 viewsxrayspecs

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 21:31 - Apr 4 by sparks

Outright dishonest.

It only affects the nations debt, not the NHS. And is only mitigated, if the players actually donate 20% plus of their salrries. Which some will and most wont.

Disgusting that clubs are furloughing staff whilst players sit on £100k a week. Shouldnt get govt help whilst paying those salaries or having that sort of cash flow / reserves.

Agreed.

Worth noting that PL clubs have been threatened with a windfall tax by govt if they abuse system.
PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 23:11 - Apr 4 with 1872 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 23:55 - Apr 4 with 1824 viewsButterbing

That’s it for me. I’ve struggled to be an Ipswich fan for the last six months or so. That statement is absolutely disgusting. Football can fucj off entirely. If that is the attitude of the PFA then football as a a whole is finished. I’m out.
PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 07:38 - Apr 5 with 1662 viewsElephantintheRoom

its just posturing and lies. If everyone in the country gave £1 we'd have every ventilator that the country needs.... footballers are just being used as a PR target to deflect from government incompetence.

It's just like the nonsense about PPI... everyone int he country needs PPI and moves should have been put in place back in January to ensure everyone at least had access to a mask to do their 'essential shopping' and unfortunates working in supermarkets, care homes, public transport etc had the basics.

But hey forget about that.... and forget about all the overpaid 'consultants', bosses and politicians... have a go at an easy target like football and footballers.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 07:53 - Apr 5 with 1631 viewsSchmoke

If they're that sodding concerned about it. Have them get their wages, nice and taxed, then donate a % of the remaining money to whomever needs it.

As somebody said above - I think this may well be it for me as well now (how will football cope). Football as a whole can just go and do one seriously. The greed is absolutely off the scale.
PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 08:27 - Apr 5 with 1555 viewsFixed_It

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 07:38 - Apr 5 by ElephantintheRoom

its just posturing and lies. If everyone in the country gave £1 we'd have every ventilator that the country needs.... footballers are just being used as a PR target to deflect from government incompetence.

It's just like the nonsense about PPI... everyone int he country needs PPI and moves should have been put in place back in January to ensure everyone at least had access to a mask to do their 'essential shopping' and unfortunates working in supermarkets, care homes, public transport etc had the basics.

But hey forget about that.... and forget about all the overpaid 'consultants', bosses and politicians... have a go at an easy target like football and footballers.

But what if you were missold PPI?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 08:40 - Apr 5 with 1511 viewsPinewoodblue

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 07:38 - Apr 5 by ElephantintheRoom

I don’t need PPI in any case it Is impossible to get it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 08:58 - Apr 5 with 1462 viewssparks

The usual blinkered dishonest blllox from the budgie troll.

The ventilator issue has nothing to do with money...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 09:07 - Apr 5 with 1451 viewsWeWereZombies

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 08:27 - Apr 5 by Fixed_It

But what if you were missold PPI?

I'm worried that the Government might get mis-sold PPE...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 10:00 - Apr 5 with 1366 viewsBlueBadger

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 09:07 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

I'm worried that the Government might get mis-sold PPE...

They'd have to actually be putting in orders for it in order for that to happen.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 10:01 - Apr 5 with 1363 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m not sure payment protection insurance would be much help.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 10:29 - Apr 5 with 1309 viewshampstead_blue

“The players are mindful that as PAYE employees, the combined tax on their salaries is a significant contribution to funding essential public services — which are especially critical at this time,” the PFA statement read. “Taking a 30% salary deduction will cost the Exchequer substantial sums. This would be detrimental to our NHS and other government-funded services.

The above extract shows a level of entitlement and arrogance I've never seen.
It does prove that our wonderful game has gone.

Maybe we are better off in L1 away from the self serving greedy mongers in the Prem.......

Sorry but I'd light a ruddy great big fire under their backsides

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 10:32 - Apr 5 with 1296 viewsBlueBadger

PFA might just have made a bad situation worse on 23:11 - Apr 4 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

The PFA's purpose is to ensure that players are renumerated as well as possible. In that respect, they are utterly fit for purpose.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024