Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going out on my skateboard 11:16 - Apr 5 with 3236 viewsmonytowbray

I’m back in quiet hometown village right now, where there’s a quiet skate park at normal times, so I’d imagine it’s dead right now.

Would popping down there for an hour on my board for a bit of exercise be seen as taking the p1ss? Obviously if it’s busy I’d go home but you could easily have 5 people down there and obey social distancing still at least.

Thoughts?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Simple, is it "essential"......? on 11:20 - Apr 5 with 1952 viewsBloots

…...that'll be a "no".

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Simple, is it "essential"......? on 11:25 - Apr 5 with 1927 viewsmonytowbray

Simple, is it "essential"......? on 11:20 - Apr 5 by Bloots

…...that'll be a "no".

I would have thought it’s exercise though. I went out for a jog yesterday. That wasn’t essential either. I could have carried on sitting around eating biscuits at home again. I don’t wanna get fat again :(

TWTD never forgets…

Going out on my skateboard on 11:25 - Apr 5 with 1920 viewsfooters

If you can land a gnarly kickflip then all should be radical, dude. Skate on.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Unfortunately in our society there's.... on 11:29 - Apr 5 with 1899 viewsBloots

Simple, is it "essential"......? on 11:25 - Apr 5 by monytowbray

I would have thought it’s exercise though. I went out for a jog yesterday. That wasn’t essential either. I could have carried on sitting around eating biscuits at home again. I don’t wanna get fat again :(

….an attitude of "if it's OK for them, it's OK for me"

Going for a walk or a run isn't particularly considered to be a social or fun activity, and it's not really going to encourage others to start going out to enjoy themselves.

I think you know this really.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Simple, is it "essential"......? on 11:34 - Apr 5 with 1863 viewsSwansea_Blue

Simple, is it "essential"......? on 11:25 - Apr 5 by monytowbray

Police have been clearing skate parks round here. Nothing wrong with boarding, but probably not best in a park where it might convince others that it’s ok to congregate. Can’t you hitch rides off trucks, like in Back to the Future?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Going out on my skateboard on 11:37 - Apr 5 with 1854 viewsNewcyBlue

Hancock threatening stricter measures by monytowbray 5 Apr 2020 11:13
Considering yesterday there were talks about a ventilator shortage coming up after we told the EU we didn’t want their ventilators (as it’s since come out from the EU minutes a British representative was in 8 of the meetings about this, so another barefaced lie from those in power), the NHS are still struggling for PPE gear (which is already killing frontline staff they’ve demonised for years) and the testing situation appears to be getting no better, we should send anyone not social distancing as well as those pulling the strings at number 10 to volunteer in ICU for a week.

I’m sure everyone involved would soon change their tune.

I doubt they will consider skateboarding to be exercise with regards to the lockdown rules. I’m pretty sure they state walk, run, or cycle.

Although “ gatherings of more than two in parks or other public spaces have been banned and the police will enforce this”

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Going out on my skateboard on 11:46 - Apr 5 with 1814 viewsStokieBlue

I thought you were in London?

SB

Edit: Saw your response posted after this.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 11:56]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Going out on my skateboard on 11:47 - Apr 5 with 1813 viewsWeWereZombies

Going out on my skateboard on 11:37 - Apr 5 by NewcyBlue

Considering yesterday there were talks about a ventilator shortage coming up after we told the EU we didn’t want their ventilators (as it’s since come out from the EU minutes a British representative was in 8 of the meetings about this, so another barefaced lie from those in power), the NHS are still struggling for PPE gear (which is already killing frontline staff they’ve demonised for years) and the testing situation appears to be getting no better, we should send anyone not social distancing as well as those pulling the strings at number 10 to volunteer in ICU for a week.

I doubt they will consider skateboarding to be exercise with regards to the lockdown rules. I’m pretty sure they state walk, run, or cycle.

Although “ gatherings of more than two in parks or other public spaces have been banned and the police will enforce this”

Precisely, there was a concerted chunter on 'Broadcasting House' this morning about the surfers out yesterday, it is seen as encouraging social gathering rather than exercise. I'm not even sure if it was allowable for Callis to travel back to a village.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Login to get fewer ads

Going out on my skateboard on 11:47 - Apr 5 with 1814 viewsmonytowbray

Going out on my skateboard on 11:37 - Apr 5 by NewcyBlue

Problem is you go out in London and everyone going for a run or walk in the park, it’s suddenly heaving again.

I guess I could always go find a quiet bit of flat ground and have a quick scoot round there. Even if just the pavement outside my parent’s house.

TWTD never forgets…

Going out on my skateboard on 11:49 - Apr 5 with 1797 viewsPrideOfTheEast

They’ve generally closed kids playgrounds and alike haven’t they?
Going out on my skateboard on 11:49 - Apr 5 with 1798 viewsmonytowbray

Going out on my skateboard on 11:47 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

Precisely, there was a concerted chunter on 'Broadcasting House' this morning about the surfers out yesterday, it is seen as encouraging social gathering rather than exercise. I'm not even sure if it was allowable for Callis to travel back to a village.

I’ve been back here 2 and a half weeks after already being on lockdown for over week in London when I came back (which was when we were still going for herd immunity). My Dad picked me up too so no public transport.

TWTD never forgets…

Going out on my skateboard on 11:51 - Apr 5 with 1787 viewsmonytowbray

Also it’s okay my Mother has told me no and being 32 I don’t want to get in trouble.

Although I said say “What are you going to do? Ground me?”

TWTD never forgets…

Going out on my skateboard on 11:56 - Apr 5 with 1764 viewsNewcyBlue

Going out on my skateboard on 11:47 - Apr 5 by monytowbray

Problem is you go out in London and everyone going for a run or walk in the park, it’s suddenly heaving again.

I guess I could always go find a quiet bit of flat ground and have a quick scoot round there. Even if just the pavement outside my parent’s house.

I imagine skate parks are supposed to be closed too.

I’ve been threatening to make a crossfit rig in the backyard for a while now, this might tip me over the edge and do it!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Going out on my skateboard on 11:57 - Apr 5 with 1755 viewsfactual_blue

Going out on my skateboard on 11:51 - Apr 5 by monytowbray

Also it’s okay my Mother has told me no and being 32 I don’t want to get in trouble.

Although I said say “What are you going to do? Ground me?”

There is now a word for people who ignore 'stay at home' advice.

Covidiots.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Going out on my skateboard on 11:58 - Apr 5 with 1748 viewsWeWereZombies

Going out on my skateboard on 11:49 - Apr 5 by monytowbray

I’ve been back here 2 and a half weeks after already being on lockdown for over week in London when I came back (which was when we were still going for herd immunity). My Dad picked me up too so no public transport.

OK, and if you are really desperate then hike out of the village and find a deserted farmyard with a hard surface for a few spins. Careful not to skid on the slurry now.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Going out on my skateboard on 12:00 - Apr 5 with 1738 viewsmonytowbray

Going out on my skateboard on 11:58 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

OK, and if you are really desperate then hike out of the village and find a deserted farmyard with a hard surface for a few spins. Careful not to skid on the slurry now.

I’m not desperate. I was just gauging the idea and based on feedback here (and my Mum) I’ll skip it out.

Although if anyone sees me up Lakenheath warren later running along and looking like I want to die then remember this is TWTD’s fault ;)

TWTD never forgets…

Going out on my skateboard on 12:05 - Apr 5 with 1724 viewsSwansea_Blue

Going out on my skateboard on 11:47 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

Shame about surfing. I could go down to the local beach here and there’d be no more than a few out, very far apart. People would be closer standing on their doorsteps clapping for the NHS. And it’s a better form of exercise than jogging (surfing, not clapping!).

It’s a bit frustrating, as there are many things you should be able to do legitimately except for judgemental busy bodies grassing people up or an overzealous police not enforcing the law properly.

Going out on my skateboard on 12:17 - Apr 5 with 1684 viewspointofblue

Going out on my skateboard on 12:05 - Apr 5 by Swansea_Blue

Shame about surfing. I could go down to the local beach here and there’d be no more than a few out, very far apart. People would be closer standing on their doorsteps clapping for the NHS. And it’s a better form of exercise than jogging (surfing, not clapping!).

It’s a bit frustrating, as there are many things you should be able to do legitimately except for judgemental busy bodies grassing people up or an overzealous police not enforcing the law properly.

Or people continuing these activities but not obeying the instructions away from the water (not referring to yourself but it’s people’s actions which have led to the measures being more and more stringent).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Going out on my skateboard on 12:18 - Apr 5 with 1684 viewsgiant_stow

Going out on my skateboard on 12:05 - Apr 5 by Swansea_Blue

Re your 2nd para, this crisis has brought that side out of alot of people. Exercise *is* essential. So is social distancing and the two arent mutually exclusive so ive no idea why you shouldn't surf or callis scate if you can both keep you distance from others.

Happiness and mental health is important too people!
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 12:20]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Going out on my skateboard on 12:24 - Apr 5 with 1660 viewsBloomBlue

Skateboarding is for teenagers, it's like middle aged men wearing a football shirt and three quarter length trousers, no no no.
Going out on my skateboard on 12:25 - Apr 5 with 1639 viewsmonytowbray

Going out on my skateboard on 12:24 - Apr 5 by BloomBlue

Skateboarding is for teenagers, it's like middle aged men wearing a football shirt and three quarter length trousers, no no no.

I suppose I could always take up adult hobbies like gardening and voting Tory. No thanks.

TWTD never forgets…

Going out on my skateboard on 12:30 - Apr 5 with 1624 viewsSwansea_Blue

Going out on my skateboard on 12:17 - Apr 5 by pointofblue

Or people continuing these activities but not obeying the instructions away from the water (not referring to yourself but it’s people’s actions which have led to the measures being more and more stringent).

Double post
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 12:30]

Going out on my skateboard on 12:30 - Apr 5 with 1622 viewsSwansea_Blue

Going out on my skateboard on 12:17 - Apr 5 by pointofblue

Well yes. They've shut the car parks here to stop people going to the beaches, which is sensible because that stops people moving around (which is the whole underlying point behind social distancing approach) and the car parks are obvious bottlenecks. But then those of us who live next to the beaches are getting grief if we use them. I'd be nervous even going for a run on one of my loops that takes in the beach. Which is nuts, as it's no different to running on the pavement (less troublesome probably, as the pavement funnels people closer together when they pass, etc.).

Going out on my skateboard on 12:34 - Apr 5 with 1593 viewsbrazil1982

Going out on my skateboard on 12:00 - Apr 5 by monytowbray

I’m not desperate. I was just gauging the idea and based on feedback here (and my Mum) I’ll skip it out.

Although if anyone sees me up Lakenheath warren later running along and looking like I want to die then remember this is TWTD’s fault ;)

You're skipping out? Careful with that.
Going out on my skateboard on 12:57 - Apr 5 with 1551 viewsBlueBadger

Going out on my skateboard on 12:24 - Apr 5 by BloomBlue

Funnily enough, 'too cool for school' sneering at people enjoying themselves is also for teenagers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024