Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... 17:10 - Apr 5 with 3955 viewsmonytowbray

” I’ve seen a bunch of people today saying things like ‘I went for a walk today and it was so busy. What is wrong with people?’ You are those people, dickhead. It’s the equivalent of saying ‘I’m stuck in traffic’. No, you are the traffic.”

Everyone is talking about these crowded places? But what can you do? If you’re in a city with limited green space it’s going to happen.

How do you deal with it? Allocated exercise times by postcode? Tracking devices? All things I’d fear the privacy consequences of.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:14 - Apr 5 with 2488 viewsPecker

Think of it as a mad gun man randomly going around killing people. Would you go out?
A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:15 - Apr 5 with 2494 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed.

Same as those 'If you can read this you are a Covidiot' signs. Actually no, i'm taking a short walk on my own so you can fook off with your signs you judgemental cockwomble.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:16 - Apr 5 with 2479 viewsJ2BLUE

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:14 - Apr 5 by Pecker

Think of it as a mad gun man randomly going around killing people. Would you go out?

Silly analogy Pecker.

Truly impaired.

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:21 - Apr 5 with 2446 viewsStokieBlue

The thing is surveillance at that level is exactly what was implemented in SK with what looks like excellent results.

http://theconversation.com/coronavirus-south-koreas-success-in-controlling-disea

I believe you've praised their response in the past.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:24 - Apr 5 with 2421 viewssparks

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:21 - Apr 5 by StokieBlue

The thing is surveillance at that level is exactly what was implemented in SK with what looks like excellent results.

http://theconversation.com/coronavirus-south-koreas-success-in-controlling-disea

SB

The bloke who lives behind our house- wealthy arrogant fellow with whom we have already had some issues, particularly with regard to planning and high hedges... 7 people. round. daughter, son, a spouse and kids. Apparently they liv in London usually.

Brilliant- bring the disease to our fecking village. IGNORANT MORONS.

Meanwhile people have been posting local wlaks for people to get their exercise. Down narrow lanes, and country paths.

Time to go the France route. People are to bloody entitled to follow the guidance.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:26 - Apr 5 with 2389 viewsPecker

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:24 - Apr 5 by sparks

The bloke who lives behind our house- wealthy arrogant fellow with whom we have already had some issues, particularly with regard to planning and high hedges... 7 people. round. daughter, son, a spouse and kids. Apparently they liv in London usually.

Meanwhile people have been posting local wlaks for people to get their exercise. Down narrow lanes, and country paths.

Time to go the France route. People are to bloody entitled to follow the guidance.

Report the pr1ck to the Police.
A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:27 - Apr 5 with 2386 viewsmonytowbray

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:21 - Apr 5 by StokieBlue

SB

It’s not so much I wouldn’t support it, but I feel it would need to be seriously handled in terms of how it’s used.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:27 - Apr 5 with 2383 viewsfooters

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:16 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Silly analogy Pecker.

Don't correct Pecker, J2.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:29 - Apr 5 with 2364 viewsPecker

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:16 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Silly analogy Pecker.

I don't think it is. If you really don't need to go out, don't. This thing is a killer.
A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:31 - Apr 5 with 2355 viewssparks

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:26 - Apr 5 by Pecker

Report the pr1ck to the Police.

Id lvoe to- but its private property. Difficult to see what they can do there.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:32 - Apr 5 with 2344 viewsPecker

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:31 - Apr 5 by sparks

Id lvoe to- but its private property. Difficult to see what they can do there.

He isn't allowed visitors, no matter who he is.
A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:33 - Apr 5 with 2347 viewsbluelagos

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:24 - Apr 5 by sparks

What is wrong with encouraging people to walk down country paths? Most of them are so empty that they could carry x10 the number of walkers without getting close to being an issue for social distancing.

My walk this morning saw me pass 3 people.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:35 - Apr 5 with 2316 viewsPecker

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:27 - Apr 5 by footers

Don't correct Pecker, J2.

Thanks Footers old fruit, but J2 is allowed his opinion, as is anyone. I really don't see what is difficult to understand about the lockdown. Stay in, Save lives. People need to start taking responsibility rather than blaming the Government and others. This thing is killing people. Stay the f**k in.
A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:44 - Apr 5 with 2268 viewssparks

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:33 - Apr 5 by bluelagos

What is wrong with encouraging people to walk down country paths? Most of them are so empty that they could carry x10 the number of walkers without getting close to being an issue for social distancing.

My walk this morning saw me pass 3 people.

Not if they are very narrow- and someone posts a route to a waterfall, taking you through the farmers yard and down a narrow overggrown trail- so that everyone in the bloody village suddenly starts walking it.

The number of people walking past our house today is triple what is normal.

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:46 - Apr 5 with 2252 viewsbluelagos

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:44 - Apr 5 by sparks

Not if they are very narrow- and someone posts a route to a waterfall, taking you through the farmers yard and down a narrow overggrown trail- so that everyone in the bloody village suddenly starts walking it.

Dont know the numbers involved, or the paths, so will take your word for it.

But in Suffolk the country paths are genuinely quieter than normal this weekend. Same for the lack of cyclists.

Real shame imho.

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 18:05 - Apr 5 with 2179 viewsJ2BLUE

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:35 - Apr 5 by Pecker

Thanks Footers old fruit, but J2 is allowed his opinion, as is anyone. I really don't see what is difficult to understand about the lockdown. Stay in, Save lives. People need to start taking responsibility rather than blaming the Government and others. This thing is killing people. Stay the f**k in.

I'm not disagreeing with your general point.

People exercising in their own space isn't an issue though if they are sensible and go for a short walk alone.

Truly impaired.

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:15 - Apr 5 with 2013 viewsPecker

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 18:05 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

I'm not disagreeing with your general point.

People exercising in their own space isn't an issue though if they are sensible and go for a short walk alone.

Didn't think you were mate.
A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:23 - Apr 5 with 1985 viewsBrixtonBlue

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:14 - Apr 5 by Pecker

I'd still go out for wine.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:29 - Apr 5 with 1960 viewsBrixtonBlue

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:44 - Apr 5 by sparks

I've walked along a narrow path today in Crystal Palace park. We stood aside (in the bushes, basically) to allow a couple to pass us with plenty of distance, then another couple did the same for us further on. Thank yous all round on each occasion.

It's perfectly possible to go for a walk along narrow walkways if you're sensible.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:31 - Apr 5 with 1935 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Almost certainly entitled Remainers Sparks!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:34 - Apr 5 with 1922 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:35 - Apr 5 by Pecker

Or take responsibility and go out safely?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:35 - Apr 5 with 1920 viewsbluelagos

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:29 - Apr 5 by BrixtonBlue

I've walked along a narrow path today in Crystal Palace park. We stood aside (in the bushes, basically) to allow a couple to pass us with plenty of distance, then another couple did the same for us further on. Thank yous all round on each occasion.

It's perfectly possible to go for a walk along narrow walkways if you're sensible.

The level of paranoia is bizarre isnt it. Posted earlier in the week how one old buy jumped in a ditch to maintain his 2m from me as I cycled up a country lane ffs

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:35 - Apr 5 with 1915 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Maybe a sign saying..."hold your breath as you walk past" will do it.

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:36 - Apr 5 with 1911 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:23 - Apr 5 by BrixtonBlue

I'd still go out for wine.

You can wine anywhere BB!

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:37 - Apr 5 with 1909 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many normally walk past?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024