Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rooney- you tool 17:28 - Apr 5 with 2943 viewssparks

Not content with complaining that footballers had been used as guineau pigs (young fit men, playing a game and not mixing with the crowd, which ceased PRIOR to the rest of us ceasing pretty much normal work)

Now apparently "Derby striker Rooney says he is happy to offer support but asked: "Why are footballers suddenly the scapegoats?""

It seems he is worried that a 30% cut might financially ruin some players. ANYONE on 50k a week cannot be ruined by a 30% cut. Sell the ridiculous car, or the second house if you have to Wayne...

Entitled muppet.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Rooney- you tool on 18:07 - Apr 5 with 2236 viewspointofblue

Though who will buy the ridiculous car or the second house right now? The money might be there in material form but not in hard cash - a bit like Marcus Evans.

Saying that I agree there should be a cut but only with those on a significant wage; there will be players at Premier League clubs who aren't on much more the National Living Wage, right at the bottom of the scale.

And questions should be asked of the multi-millionaire owners who decided to furlough staff whilst rolling in profits.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Rooney- you tool on 18:14 - Apr 5 with 2204 viewsSwansea_Blue

Playing devil's advocate (maybe)...

It's an endgame of a society that values money above all else. Anyone who didn't last vote for Labour (being the only manifesto in recent times to attempt to re-balance the social contract) gave their implicit approval to this type of view.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rooney- you tool on 18:19 - Apr 5 with 2178 viewsm14_blue

Rooney- you tool on 18:14 - Apr 5 by Swansea_Blue

It's an endgame of a society that values money above all else. Anyone who didn't last vote for Labour (being the only manifesto in recent times to attempt to re-balance the social contract) gave their implicit approval to this type of view.

See also the new, much vaunted, immigration policy that stipulates you have to earn over x amount to get in.

What sort of society values a person based solely on how much they earn?

Why on earth would we rather have bankers, accountants and property developers than nurses, carers and teachers?

Our society is messed up in many ways.
Rooney- you tool on 18:21 - Apr 5 with 2160 viewsPendejo

Rooney- you tool on 18:19 - Apr 5 by m14_blue

See also the new, much vaunted, immigration policy that stipulates you have to earn over x amount to get in.

What sort of society values a person based solely on how much they earn?

Why on earth would we rather have bankers, accountants and property developers than nurses, carers and teachers?

Our society is messed up in many ways.

Aren't they also weighted to favour required skills such as nursing?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Rooney- you tool on 18:24 - Apr 5 with 2151 viewsm14_blue

Rooney- you tool on 18:21 - Apr 5 by Pendejo

They can be if we particularly require that profession but that’s not really the point I’m making, if you earn over a certain amount you can come in no matter what.

It wasn’t a comment on the practicality but the warped logic behind the fundamentals.
Rooney- you tool on 18:27 - Apr 5 with 2123 viewsHerbivore

Rooney- you tool on 18:07 - Apr 5 by pointofblue

Though who will buy the ridiculous car or the second house right now? The money might be there in material form but not in hard cash - a bit like Marcus Evans.

Saying that I agree there should be a cut but only with those on a significant wage; there will be players at Premier League clubs who aren't on much more the National Living Wage, right at the bottom of the scale.

And questions should be asked of the multi-millionaire owners who decided to furlough staff whilst rolling in profits.

There will be players in the Prem on not much more than national living wage? Are you sure about that? Kids that haven't played a game are earning thousands a week in the Prem.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rooney- you tool on 18:33 - Apr 5 with 2097 viewsazuremerlangus

I should imagine players have lots of their income tied up and committed to various investments and business schemes rather just being lumped into a building society.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Rooney- you tool on 18:35 - Apr 5 with 2086 viewsLankHenners

Very selective. This is where that quote comes from:

Not an unreasonable stance, and pretty obvious he's not referring to himself being ruined.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Rooney- you tool on 18:52 - Apr 5 with 2028 viewsBasuco

He was reported to be on £500,000 a month, so 30% reduction means he will lose £150,000 a month for 1 or 2 months. That is ignoring the other endorsements he makes money from. So I'm not sure that is going to cause that much hardship to his lifestyle. I agree WHAT A TOOL!
Rooney- you tool on 18:58 - Apr 5 with 2007 viewstractorboy1978

Rooney- you tool on 18:52 - Apr 5 by Basuco

He was reported to be on £500,000 a month, so 30% reduction means he will lose £150,000 a month for 1 or 2 months. That is ignoring the other endorsements he makes money from. So I'm not sure that is going to cause that much hardship to his lifestyle. I agree WHAT A TOOL!

Very interesting read.

https://www.football365.com/news/feature-premier-league-player-wage-cut-matt-han
Rooney- you tool on 19:01 - Apr 5 with 1983 viewsBent_double

Seems to me that the main issue here is that Rooney thinks he is still a Premier League player!

Last time I checked Derby were still in the Championship.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Rooney- you tool on 19:02 - Apr 5 with 1969 viewsjeera

Rooney- you tool on 18:21 - Apr 5 by Pendejo

I hope we also learn to appreciate carers who, although may lack the same qualifications as others they work alongside, are generally hard working people who do a horribly difficult and personal job and, in my experience, with an amazing attitude.

Regardless of where they're from.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Rooney- you tool on 19:07 - Apr 5 with 1946 viewsBloomBlue

Rooney- you tool on 18:14 - Apr 5 by Swansea_Blue

Playing devil's advocate 

I see a lot of fans moaning about the money but a lot of the same fans want Evan's out and a richer owner in to splash the cash. I think it's a bit hypericial for fans to moan about how much cash is in the game but also demand an owner spends more.
Rooney- you tool on 19:11 - Apr 5 with 1934 viewsrickw

I think those who are critical of Rooney and others have just made up their minds after reading a headline. Rooney has said he will give something.
I think he'll just follow what the Premier League players will do.

They were asked to take a 30% pay cut which will save their clubs £500m, but also means the govt. will receive £200m+ less in tax so they are looking at giving the 30% to charity instead, meaning the govt will still get their tax and the players money will hopefully go to where it's needed

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Rooney- you tool on 19:22 - Apr 5 with 1909 viewsBasuco

Rooney- you tool on 18:58 - Apr 5 by tractorboy1978

Very interesting read.

https://www.football365.com/news/feature-premier-league-player-wage-cut-matt-han

Great read, shame he will not go on record with that. Thanks.
Rooney- you tool on 19:46 - Apr 5 with 1862 viewsitfcjoe

Classic populist nonsense, read his whole piece and tell me he’s actually wrong with what he has said.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Rooney- you tool on 20:08 - Apr 5 with 1801 viewsbrazil1982

I agree they have been made scapegoats - why should footballers be the only profession singled out? Actors? TV Prsenters? F1 Drivers?.
I do fully disagree Prem clubs should not be using govt money to pay non playing staff though.
Rooney- you tool on 20:13 - Apr 5 with 1783 viewsPinewoodblue

Rooney- you tool on 20:08 - Apr 5 by brazil1982

I agree they have been made scapegoats - why should footballers be the only profession singled out? Actors? TV Prsenters? F1 Drivers?.
I do fully disagree Prem clubs should not be using govt money to pay non playing staff though.

MPs who get an extended Easter break.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Rooney- you tool on 20:13 - Apr 5 with 1781 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Rooney- you tool on 18:24 - Apr 5 by m14_blue

They can be if we particularly require that profession but that’s not really the point I’m making, if you earn over a certain amount you can come in no matter what.

It wasn’t a comment on the practicality but the warped logic behind the fundamentals.

I get where you are coming from but i don't think you are right and i've hired loads of highly skilled people on points system in the past.

It's not a case of allowing people in based on what they earn. It will be a mix of skills based (having skills we need) and the salary part is actually and important feature in protecting people here i.e. not making it cheaper to hire abroad and incentivising local hiring and training over this method. It does of course also mean they are not a financial burden to country etc as well.

Things are different to what they seem at face value.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Rooney- you tool on 20:19 - Apr 5 with 1753 viewsm14_blue

Rooney- you tool on 20:13 - Apr 5 by Terry_Nutkins

I get where you are coming from but i don't think you are right and i've hired loads of highly skilled people on points system in the past.

It's not a case of allowing people in based on what they earn. It will be a mix of skills based (having skills we need) and the salary part is actually and important feature in protecting people here i.e. not making it cheaper to hire abroad and incentivising local hiring and training over this method. It does of course also mean they are not a financial burden to country etc as well.

Things are different to what they seem at face value.

Fair enough, you make some good points but we’ll have to agree to disagree overall.

I understand the logic behind a points based system in principle but completely disagree with your interpretation of how it will be implemented by Priti Patel.

And once again, we have the inherent difficulty with the definition of ‘highly skilled’ and how it’s distinct from ‘highly paid’.
Rooney- you tool on 21:37 - Apr 5 with 1638 viewsstonojnr

Rooney- you tool on 20:08 - Apr 5 by brazil1982

the point about the Prem players taking a pay cut is so as to help their clubs use that money instead to continue to pay their non playing staff, and not sack them, and not seek government handouts for them, thats why the PFAs focus on tax is wrong IMO because if the clubs used the players money to pay their staff, their staff will pay tax on it and I dont for a minute believe any prem player isnt being paid in the most tax efficient manner already.

and you mention F1 drivers, yep both McLaren drivers,Lando Norris and Carlos Sainz Jnr, have both taken voluntary pay cuts, as have the senior management of the team, so as to protect the most amount of jobs at McLaren and so they havent had to furlough the whole company.

if they can get it and understand it, why cant the Premier league ?
Rooney- you tool on 21:42 - Apr 5 with 1609 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rooney- you tool on 19:07 - Apr 5 by BloomBlue

Playing devil's advocate 

I see a lot of fans moaning about the money but a lot of the same fans want Evan's out and a richer owner in to splash the cash. I think it's a bit hypericial for fans to moan about how much cash is in the game but also demand an owner spends more.

Not sure you’ve addressed my point, but yes thinking the only answer to our (ITFC’s) problem’s is cash is a bit short-sighted. Again, things other than money are more important given the minimum cash to pay a vaguely competitive squad.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rooney- you tool on 21:44 - Apr 5 with 1603 viewsitfcjoe

Rooney- you tool on 21:37 - Apr 5 by stonojnr

the point about the Prem players taking a pay cut is so as to help their clubs use that money instead to continue to pay their non playing staff, and not sack them, and not seek government handouts for them, thats why the PFAs focus on tax is wrong IMO because if the clubs used the players money to pay their staff, their staff will pay tax on it and I dont for a minute believe any prem player isnt being paid in the most tax efficient manner already.

and you mention F1 drivers, yep both McLaren drivers,Lando Norris and Carlos Sainz Jnr, have both taken voluntary pay cuts, as have the senior management of the team, so as to protect the most amount of jobs at McLaren and so they havent had to furlough the whole company.

Spurs declares an £87m profit last week, their Chief Exec gave himself a £4m bonus on top of his £3m salary and their owner is based in the Caribbean and worth $5bn.

I can see why the players think blaming them for the off field staff not being paid is a bit of a p155 take. It’s getting nasty, players think clubs and their owners are happy to put them in the firing line.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Rooney- you tool on 21:47 - Apr 5 with 1588 viewstractorboy1978

Rooney- you tool on 21:37 - Apr 5 by stonojnr

All players are paid salaries/bonuses from the club through the payroll and will be paying 45% PAYE and 2% NI. They are employees.
Rooney- you tool on 21:51 - Apr 5 with 1569 viewsjeera

Rooney- you tool on 21:44 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

Spurs declares an £87m profit last week, their Chief Exec gave himself a £4m bonus on top of his £3m salary and their owner is based in the Caribbean and worth $5bn.

I can see why the players think blaming them for the off field staff not being paid is a bit of a p155 take. It’s getting nasty, players think clubs and their owners are happy to put them in the firing line.

"..their Chief Exec gave himself a £4m bonus on top of his £3m salary."

Who the hell needs that kind of money when other people are starving?

Scum.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024