Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? 18:17 - Apr 5 with 1816 viewsPendejo

Might be memory playing tricks... But I can't.

Just when you need a few months of miserable grey skies and frequent daily rain. It's almost like mother nature is deliberately baiting us. Stay at home and survive in misery or go out enjoy the beautiful weather and potentially due of a horrible virus.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 18:20 - Apr 5 with 1803 viewsDubtractor

Odd one tbh. It has been pretty cloudy and cold until this weekend, but hasn't rained in weeks. And that's following one of the wettest and mildest autumn/winters I can remember.

Bloody lovely weekend mind you.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 18:22 - Apr 5 with 1788 viewsbluelagos

Its only been 2 days! Agree though we could do with some poor weather atm

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 18:23 - Apr 5 with 1782 viewsFtnfwest

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 18:20 - Apr 5 by Dubtractor

Odd one tbh. It has been pretty cloudy and cold until this weekend, but hasn't rained in weeks. And that's following one of the wettest and mildest autumn/winters I can remember.

It has been a bit weird tbh. December to Feb were certainly mild but November and March were actually colder than they usually are, certainly in terms of daily lows. Lots of lights frosts rather than heavy ones though.
Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 18:24 - Apr 5 with 1773 viewsPendejo

Think it's over a week since we've had significant cloud cover and can only recall one day in last 2 weeks it rained. Could be wrong.

uberima fides

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 18:28 - Apr 5 with 1751 viewspeterleeblue

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 18:22 - Apr 5 by bluelagos

We don't really though do we?

We need the crops to grow and have a bumper harvest. Doubt we will get much from our ex EU partners we need us much of our own produce as possible.

Might even volunteer to help Harvest (in lieu of the migrant workers) especially if I am not back at work (Hospitality Industry) or worse still lost my job.
Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 18:33 - Apr 5 with 1740 viewsPendejo

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 18:22 - Apr 5 by bluelagos

See my other reply - been mainly sunny where I live for the 2 weeks I've been furloughed... But then living under virtual house arrest could affect memory and sanity I guess

uberima fides

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 20:40 - Apr 5 with 1650 viewsRyorry

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 18:24 - Apr 5 by Pendejo

Think it's over a week since we've had significant cloud cover and can only recall one day in last 2 weeks it rained. Could be wrong.

1 day of no cloud cover in N. Yorks! and even today was somewhat cloudy here, with a couple of v. brief, v.light showers.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 20:46 - Apr 5 with 1634 viewsBloomBlue

Global warming?
Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 20:55 - Apr 5 with 1623 viewshatch

Another view is that the nice weather means it’s enjoyable to be outside in the fresh air for those fortunate enough to have outdoor space. I appreciate that’s not everyone but it was nice to be able to sit on the balcony of my flat today for a few hours and get out of the flat I’ve spent all week stuck in.
Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 22:18 - Apr 5 with 1551 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 22:20 - Apr 5 with 1545 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not to forget a beautiful moonlit night...a good time for some socially responsible exercise.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 11:04 - Apr 6 with 1449 viewsGeoffSentence

The farmer behind me has started irrigating his fields already, which is the earliest I can recall him doing it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 13:52 - Apr 6 with 1412 viewsRyorry

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 22:18 - Apr 5 by factual_blue

Didn't rain - even in North Yorks! - for about 3 months iirc.

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 20:26 - Apr 6 with 1377 viewsBlueForYou

2007 & 2008 were very dry starts to the year. This current dry spell is welcome after what has to be the wettest winter I can remember, didn’t stop raining from late September to mid March. Enjoy if you can, this next few days looks great.
Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 20:33 - Apr 6 with 1368 viewsTIB

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 20:46 - Apr 5 by BloomBlue

Global warming?

Nah. 5G. Def info.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 20:50 - Apr 6 with 1356 viewsBugs

About 10 ago? we had a dry summer, winter and spring. Reservoirs were low, BBC TV were showing how low the water levels were, the water companies were talking about hosepipe bans in the summer being extremely likely. Then we had one of the wettest summers I can remember.
Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 20:56 - Apr 6 with 1352 viewsRyorry

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 20:50 - Apr 6 by Bugs

About 10 ago? we had a dry summer, winter and spring. Reservoirs were low, BBC TV were showing how low the water levels were, the water companies were talking about hosepipe bans in the summer being extremely likely. Then we had one of the wettest summers I can remember.

1995. One reservoir in Yorkshire ran so dry that the original village and the dale it stood in that was flooded to create the reservoir, became visible for the first time since the reservoir was created in the mid-1960s.

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 21:12 - Apr 6 with 1334 viewsBugs

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 20:56 - Apr 6 by Ryorry

1995. One reservoir in Yorkshire ran so dry that the original village and the dale it stood in that was flooded to create the reservoir, became visible for the first time since the reservoir was created in the mid-1960s.

If that was 95 I was thinking of, my sense of time is b0lloxed!!!
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 21:16]
Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 21:33 - Apr 6 with 1308 viewsgainsboroughblue

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 20:50 - Apr 6 by Bugs

2011 was a very dry spring/early summer.

I can remember the day of the infamous 1-5 v Nodge. It was glorious.

Evening...not so.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 23:19 - Apr 6 with 1268 viewsRyorry

Can anyone remember a drier sunnier spring? on 21:12 - Apr 6 by Bugs

If that was 95 I was thinking of, my sense of time is b0lloxed!!!
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 21:16]

Definitely '95 I'm afraid! One of the Yorkshire reservoirs (Thruscross) dried up so much that parts of the old West End village which was flooded in 1966 to enable the reservoir's creation, were revealed.

Very interesting video clip here for anyone with the time & interest to watch (approx 10 mins) -

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024