Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) 21:15 - Apr 5 with 5225 viewsBloomBlue

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:34 - Apr 5 with 1461 viewspointofblue

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:23 - Apr 5 by GlasgowBlue

As I said elsewhere, Perhaps in the meantime we should have a committee of our living PM’s, Blair, Brown and Major until this crisis is over?

Has something happened to Cameron and May without me realising?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:36 - Apr 5 with 1439 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:34 - Apr 5 by pointofblue

I’d actually forgotten about the pair of them. But let’s keep it to the three I suggested,

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:36 - Apr 5 with 1472 viewsBloomBlue

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:13 - Apr 5 by jeera

The info here is confusing.

I mean, what if you contract the illness but can't shake it off?

I have seen several times people are only infectious for a week or so, but if you have the symptoms for weeks on end, then what?

I just had a phone call to say a friend/neighbour died this morning they had coronavirus went into hospital and then caught sepsis in hospital. The family asked if it would be included in the coronavirus totals and was told yes. I still dont think that type of death should he included in the CV stats as he caught sepsis in hospital and its sepsis which killed him.
Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:36 - Apr 5 with 1447 viewsBlueBadger

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:34 - Apr 5 by pointofblue

I think we're going for an emergency leadership of PM's who were at the very least, more competent than anything we've had since 2010.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 7:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:37 - Apr 5 with 1445 viewsbaxterbasics

As I said elsewhere, Perhaps in the meantime we should have a committee of our living PM’s, Blair, Brown and Major until this crisis is over?

I’m not sure what any of them can offer in this situation - none of them dealt with anything like this in their time.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:38 - Apr 5 with 1437 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:22 - Apr 5 by jeera

What I meant to say but didn't, is I wonder how long it is of consequence to other people.

If someone has had it weeks ago but is still coughing are they still a threat to other people?

7 days of being contagious seems to be the word, but some clarity would be good.

I have seen a cough as a consequence can hang around for a while.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 22:25]

It's unlikely that's the virus itself now. But the long-term weakening effects on the lungs can be quite severe.

This is what the NHS says and the last line is probably what you're looking for:

"If you have symptoms of coronavirus, you'll need to self-isolate for 7 days.

After 7 days:

if you do not have a high temperature, you do not need to self-isolate
if you still have a high temperature, keep self-isolating until your temperature returns to normal

You do not need to self-isolate if you just have a cough after 7 days. A cough can last for several weeks after the infection has gone."

Pronouns: He/Him

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:38 - Apr 5 with 1427 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:36 - Apr 5 by BlueBadger

I think we're going for an emergency leadership of PM's who were at the very least, more competent than anything we've had since 2010.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 7:11]

I f May was in that committee we’d still be waiting for her to sign off on people washing their hands for twenty seconds two months in.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:38 - Apr 5 with 1437 viewsElderGrizzly

Raab running the country then. Sh|t
Login to get fewer ads

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:40 - Apr 5 with 1418 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:37 - Apr 5 by baxterbasics

I’m not sure what any of them can offer in this situation - none of them dealt with anything like this in their time.

Major dealt with the ERM crisis. Blair a war and Brown a global crash. All three could offer decisive leadership in our hour of need.

I’d take any of them over a Rabb FfS. Even as a stand in he’d be a distaster.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 22:41]

Iron Lion Zion

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:40 - Apr 5 with 1425 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:27 - Apr 5 by Swansea_Blue

In fairness, Johnson has made a career out of hiding from scrutiny so you can expect people to normally question his motives. There’s no need in this thread for ad hominem attacks on other posters though, just because they don’t agree with you political view.

I’m not alone in thinking Boris a bloviating fraud and of insufficient character to be a PM, but I still wish him well and hope he recovers.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 22:30]

Absolutely nothing to do with politics, you're the one who has got a vibrating finger because of your political views.

I didn't vote for Boris either.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 22:43]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:44 - Apr 5 with 1405 viewsjeera

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:36 - Apr 5 by BloomBlue

I just had a phone call to say a friend/neighbour died this morning they had coronavirus went into hospital and then caught sepsis in hospital. The family asked if it would be included in the coronavirus totals and was told yes. I still dont think that type of death should he included in the CV stats as he caught sepsis in hospital and its sepsis which killed him.

I should think right now how it's recorded is the least of their worries.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:48 - Apr 5 with 1385 viewsjeera

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:40 - Apr 5 by Lord_Lucan

Absolutely nothing to do with politics, you're the one who has got a vibrating finger because of your political views.

You've got the wrong end of the stick there bud.

But I'm bowing out of this because people are making it something it shouldn't be.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:51 - Apr 5 with 1366 viewssparks

Corona virus causes sepsis.

Your first response should have been to look that up rather than jump on TWTD and put forward an assertion.

Obviously, condolences in any event.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 23:11]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:51 - Apr 5 with 1352 viewsEwan_Oozami

Sorry to hear that BB - must be really tough at the moment for you and the family concerned.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 23:08 - Apr 5 with 1307 viewsvapour_trail

Condolences bloom.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 23:13 - Apr 5 with 1293 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:48 - Apr 5 by jeera

You've got the wrong end of the stick there bud.

But I'm bowing out of this because people are making it something it shouldn't be.

Not sure I have actually but hey ho.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 23:15]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 23:25 - Apr 5 with 1269 viewsRyorry

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:19 - Apr 5 by Darth_Koont

Not sure. Think the infection itself is around 10-14 days.

But the problem is if you pick up a bacterial infection like pneumonia during that then it's a case of however long the antibiotics take. It seems to be these secondary infections and problems that really do the damage.

Feom what I read a couple of weeks ago, it's bacterial pneumonia then being followed by viral pneumonia that's the biggest problem - means the body has to fight off both to recover, clearly a huge double whammy challenge even to normally healthy younger people.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 23:29 - Apr 5 with 1259 viewsRyorry

So sorry to hear that Bloom, condolences.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 02:01 - Apr 6 with 1171 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:40 - Apr 5 by Lord_Lucan

Go on then, I’ll humour you. What are my political views? And what do they have to do with someone else piling onto another one of our regular posters?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 2:12]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 07:49 - Apr 6 with 1068 viewsGuthrum

Firstly, very sorry to hear that, Bloomers. Thoughts are with their family and friends.

However, it should be pointed out that nobody dies of Coronavirus directly. It's always the secondary pneumonia, sepsis, heart/respitory failure or unsurvivable strain put on other conditions. But were it not for the Covid-19 infection, the sufferers would not have died of those things at all, or at least not at that time. So it is a very significant contributory factor.

Most death certificates don't just list a single cause, anyway, unless it's blatantly obvious. They have a list of contributory factors. The official daily-released figures are not actually "people who have died of Covid-19", but instead "people who have died after being admitted to hospital and testing positive for Covid-19", a subtle difference.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 08:10 - Apr 6 with 1026 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 02:01 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

Go on then, I’ll humour you. What are my political views? And what do they have to do with someone else piling onto another one of our regular posters?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 2:12]

I didn’t pile on. Lucan posted that sine people on here would be pleased with the news that Johnson had been admitted to hospital..

I pointed out that in particular poster has been relentless in using Johnson suffering with Covid 19 as a way to score cheap political points.

Had that poster made one or two off colour comments then I’d have said nothing. It was a Sikh garage of comments such as Johnson and Hancock “ running away from public scrutiny like a pair of cowards”. Every fooking day.

You have been very critical of the governments handling of this crisis. But you at least attempt to engage in honest debate using science and honest opinion. Sadly a small minority have been using this dreadful pandemic as an excuse to score cheap political points.

If people don’t wanting be called out on this then they shouldn’t engage in it in the first place. And frankly I’m surprised that one or two of you are happy to defend that sort of behaviour.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 08:34 - Apr 6 with 975 viewswitchdoctor

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 22:31 - Apr 5 by GlasgowBlue

Nothing to do with politics. I didn’t vote for Johnson. He wouldn’t be my choice for PM. But this particular poster has been making snide comments every day about Johnson using his symptoms to hide from the media.

Even when it was announced that BJ’s pregnant partner had been diagnosed.

Not just one or two posts. Every single day. I hope he’s proud.

I’ve made my point. I won’t Labour it unless somebody else replies to my post. Then I’ll make the point again.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 22:32]

just the latest in a string of vile posts by him...good that he gets pulled up for them from time to time.
Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 08:40 - Apr 6 with 967 viewsStokieBlue

That would upset quite a few people.

Blair is currently on Radio 4 talking absolute sense about how the response needs to be restructured, how and why.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 08:52 - Apr 6 with 927 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 08:40 - Apr 6 by StokieBlue

That would upset quite a few people.

Blair is currently on Radio 4 talking absolute sense about how the response needs to be restructured, how and why.

SB

If Parliament can’t sit anytime in th endear future then we need a government of all talents during what we hop will be a reasonably short time. We have a wealth of talent to draw from and I can’t see how BJ can fully function from a hospital bed.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 08:59 - Apr 6 with 908 viewsStokieBlue

Boris admitted to hospital (n/t) on 08:52 - Apr 6 by GlasgowBlue

If Parliament can’t sit anytime in th endear future then we need a government of all talents during what we hop will be a reasonably short time. We have a wealth of talent to draw from and I can’t see how BJ can fully function from a hospital bed.

I've not disagreed, although Labour will obviously say it should be Starmer leading a government of national unity.

Blair wanted a totally different approach, most interesting and very sensible was:

- Head of industry dedicated to ramping up testing and production and nothing else. Argued this shouldn't be a scientist or a politician but someone who knows how to scale industrial processes.

- People need to be given one job and one job only and focus 100% of their time on that one smaller aspect of the larger problem.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024