Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? 07:44 - Apr 6 with 2928 viewsSteve_M

I'm not too bad, was feeling ill on Friday enough to wonder about symptoms but was a lot better Saturday after a load of sleep. Is everyone particularly conscious of any sign of illness at the moment? Bloody hayfever season is now well under way which is definitely going to help.

A good amount of exercise over the weekend, one brief five minute pause apart no resting in the middle and although I avoided Hampstead Heath people were good there so that won't be closed yet.

And now to another working week.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 07:49 - Apr 6 with 2276 viewshype313

Morning Steve, two long walks over the weekend on Rushmere heath with the kids, back within the hour I hasten to add.

Feeling OK, although the Furlough is looking like it might hit this week, which isn't a bad thing as work has dried up so much, I feel like a bit of a fraud taking a full salary.

Feeling OK, had back ache and sore throat for about a week, 3 weeks ago so wondering if I had a very mild dose, would be nice to get the antibody test to see if so.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 07:51 - Apr 6 with 2265 viewsbluelagos

For me, exercise is very much the key to keeping my sanity. Think quite a few on here are demonstrably struggling with anxiety and could benefit from getting outside. Whether they do is another matter but hey ho.

Also limiting TV news to 30 mins in the morning and 60 mins in the evening. Or at least trying too.

And been involved in a local group (helping oldies) which gives me an excuse to run some errands and feel like I am doing something useful.

Glad you are on the mend.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 7:53]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 08:03 - Apr 6 with 2216 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Morning.
Ok at the moment. Being close to fairly quiet woodland and meadows has been good for taking the dog out for a walk. Spent yesterday getting the garden ready for spring and summer.
Still able to work on gardening as most of the properies are empty and away from the madding crowd, or the owners shut themselves indoors.
Mrs Pinewood works in healthcare, so very stressful for her, just being as supportive as possible so she can concentrate solely on the work she does.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 08:04 - Apr 6 with 2219 viewsGuthrum

The cough I've had for the last two weeks is still hanging on a bit, though the debilitating stomach problems have receded. I'm now feeling more human again and capable of going outside, doing stuff, etc.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 08:21 - Apr 6 with 2193 viewsKieran_Knows

Morning Steve.

I had a headache practically all of last week (from about Monday evening right through Friday). Couldn’t seem to shift it (paracetamol didn’t work ... iboprofuen did, but only for a few hours then it started again).

Same as you towards the back end of last week. Had a bit of a cough on Thursday morning (which after a few glasses of water seemed to go away) but then come Thursday evening my temperature was slightly high so I began to think the worse. Woke up Friday morning and felt absolutely fine however. Temperature had come back down to normal. It feels like I have a cold coming on, but whenever I think it’s going to happen, it kind of goes away again, as stupid as that sounds.

Went out for my couple of state advised walks this weekend which was nice, and a few beers have seemed to have cured most of the above for the time being.

Stay safe all.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 08:33 - Apr 6 with 2156 viewsNewcyBlue

MrsN has a terrible cough. She’s had it a few days now. Turns out Seb’s mum hasn’t really stuck to the self isolating guidelines and has been taking him to see her sister and her daughter. Her sister works in a hospital.

Oh and MrsN is still suffering early pregnancy symptoms, getting terrible acid and morning sickness.

I’m ok, although my knee is hurting a bit. Nothing to do with the virus, I hurt it about a month ago doing a Crossfit workout.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 08:42 - Apr 6 with 2139 viewsMullet

Well you’ve started a malingerers anonymous meeting here haven’t you?

Been feeling rubbish for about a week now, not done any exercise bar pottering in the garden. Do think lack of sleep and routine is playing a part, but feels like a head cold/blocked sinus and every little thing as you say make me paranoid it’s the onset of the virus.

I’m the only one who can go shopping etc. And to be honest it’s so stressful I get anxious just driving 2 mins up the road to do it. Seems I have a lot of elderly and people on my estate that just don’t understand or care about social distancing and the like.

2 weeks for Easter today, which is traditionally my busiest working from home of the year, so it feels a bit weird. I got a visit from a mate I haven’t seen in over a year needing help yesterday and that put me in an even worse mood, seems the system is starting to let more and more down so the prospect of not getting life back for months yet is depressing.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 08:44 - Apr 6 with 2127 viewsHerbivore

Fine health wise. Getting a bit bored and the days feel long, but it could be a lot worse.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 08:49 - Apr 6 with 2099 viewsGeoffSentence

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 07:51 - Apr 6 by bluelagos

For me, exercise is very much the key to keeping my sanity. Think quite a few on here are demonstrably struggling with anxiety and could benefit from getting outside. Whether they do is another matter but hey ho.

Also limiting TV news to 30 mins in the morning and 60 mins in the evening. Or at least trying too.

And been involved in a local group (helping oldies) which gives me an excuse to run some errands and feel like I am doing something useful.

Glad you are on the mend.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 7:53]

I have pretty much stopped watching the news on TV as it is the same thing over and over again, and it is bloody depressing.

Anything new that happens I get alerted by other people anyway, so picked up on BoJo going to hospital that way for instance.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 08:59 - Apr 6 with 2079 viewsdavblue

I've not been too bad tbh, we have a 4 year old and a 5 week old, who are keeping us busy, in some ways wfh has been great as i don't have to get up at 5:30am and i can be here to help out with the kids look after our boy whilst my mrs has a sleep until 8am.

Been running alot and cycling when i can, i have at times being taking my boy for a walk around the block (his 2nd bit of exercise a day and mine sometimes) but this isn't a densely populated area.
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 09:05 - Apr 6 with 2057 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 08:42 - Apr 6 by Mullet

Been feeling rubbish for about a week now, not done any exercise bar pottering in the garden. Do think lack of sleep and routine is playing a part, but feels like a head cold/blocked sinus and every little thing as you say make me paranoid it’s the onset of the virus.

I’m the only one who can go shopping etc. And to be honest it’s so stressful I get anxious just driving 2 mins up the road to do it. Seems I have a lot of elderly and people on my estate that just don’t understand or care about social distancing and the like.

2 weeks for Easter today, which is traditionally my busiest working from home of the year, so it feels a bit weird. I got a visit from a mate I haven’t seen in over a year needing help yesterday and that put me in an even worse mood, seems the system is starting to let more and more down so the prospect of not getting life back for months yet is depressing.

By "needing help" do you mean skint...the number of people without the means to save is what will put the real pressure on imho.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 09:07 - Apr 6 with 2051 viewsFtnfwest

Like others some good walks with the Spaniel (we're lucky to have what's called the Greenway footpath circling the town with probably the nicest section close by.) Little bit of running but have cut right down on that. Lots of jobs being done and some time off this week/next to lengthen the easter weekend - might be out of jobs after that if Mrs F loses her touch (not likely!)
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 09:08 - Apr 6 with 2050 viewsitfcjoe

Fine really - health good, but I suspect both myself and Mrs itfcjoe have already had it.

Not working more than an hour or so just for my own piece of mind to stay on top of things, Mrs has this week off so just lots of time with the kids so whether been a big help.

Probably not getting out enough but enjoying the garden, had a long walk on Saturday, bu am right opposite the Heath so easy enough to wander there if I get too bored - very lucky in that respect.

Kids are a bit relentless at 3 and 1, and glad I'm not working from home as when Mrs is then I'm not sure what we'd need to do to survive.

Trying to enjoy the time off, get on top of work for when I do return and take this opportunity to really spend quality time with kids - I'm quite a home person anyway in reality and have lots of luxury here so really can't complain

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 09:14 - Apr 6 with 2023 viewsAce_High1

Had a decent rest over the weekend and spent a fair bit of time in the garden in the sun which was a nice change from a couple of very busy weeks at work.

Managing to self isolate quite well really apart from a weekly shop which as Mullet said I am finding quite stressful to be fair. Mostly the older folk who seem to have no idea or concern about keeping distance.

I have a bit of a dilemma this week though. I have a routine doctors appointment on Wednesday (something I have to do every few months). not sure if I should go or not in the current circumstances as surely will increase the risk of me catching something by going there?
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 09:17 - Apr 6 with 2010 viewsAce_High1

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 08:42 - Apr 6 by Mullet

Yes shopping causes me the most stress I think. Feel like I am on the clock, trying to get in and away from there as quickly as possible.

The elderly are a nightmare, constantly stopping in front, turning into you, having a chat with someone.

This is frustrating as before all this I never went shopping, always had mine delivered but for the last 3 weeks there has been no delivery or click and collect slots available so am forced to go in.
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 09:23 - Apr 6 with 1993 viewsNewcyBlue

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 09:17 - Apr 6 by Ace_High1

Yes shopping causes me the most stress I think. Feel like I am on the clock, trying to get in and away from there as quickly as possible.

The elderly are a nightmare, constantly stopping in front, turning into you, having a chat with someone.

This is frustrating as before all this I never went shopping, always had mine delivered but for the last 3 weeks there has been no delivery or click and collect slots available so am forced to go in.

Near the local Asda there was an attempted car jacking the other day.

Shopping is certainly more stressful. Guy in front of me in the queue to get in lit up a cigarette, and then kept walking towards me to look around the car park.

I shoved my trolley into him and told him in no uncertain terms to put the cigarette out and keep his distance. Other people around me nodded. He spat on the floor and turned round.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 09:30 - Apr 6 with 1953 viewsDubtractor

Not too bad really. Lovely weekend in the garden, is what I'd have done regardless this weekend.

Would quite like to be able to properly catch up with friends and family though.

100% paranoid on any kind of ailment. A couple of weeks back I really did feel pretty groggy and it could have been a mild dose, felt a bit too early to be hayfever.

I've got into the routine of going for a short run every other day, which is good to clear the head as much as anything. I've got a bit too buried in work the last few weeks, so need to break that.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 09:35 - Apr 6 with 1943 viewsWarkystache

I'm fine. I've got temporary access to a dog so increasing my exercise. This morning at 7am we had a walk to the bluebell woods near home. She likes chasing tennis balls.

I've had a slight cold for about four days, nothing big, bit of catarrh in the mornings and a blocked nose. I'm eating less than normal because I can't be bothered with the supermarkets.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 09:43 - Apr 6 with 1905 viewsmonytowbray

My sinuses are rubbish but that's nothing new.

This weekend I went out for a run, did a nice long walk with the dog, helped my Dad in the garden, watched Wrestling and did some paint touch ups on my faux-leather jacket so I feel better mentally for productivity. Actually hit 5 figures in step count for the first time in 3 weeks.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 10:08 - Apr 6 with 1841 viewsfactual_blue

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 09:35 - Apr 6 by Warkystache

I'm fine. I've got temporary access to a dog so increasing my exercise. This morning at 7am we had a walk to the bluebell woods near home. She likes chasing tennis balls.

I've had a slight cold for about four days, nothing big, bit of catarrh in the mornings and a blocked nose. I'm eating less than normal because I can't be bothered with the supermarkets.

Do not 'have access' to this dog in public places. You'll get sent to prison.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 10:42 - Apr 6 with 1805 viewsDebsyAngel

Still not feeling well - but this seems to be the same as what I had last year. The way it "moves about" - will be sinuses burning for a few hours, then tightness in chest and throat, phlegmy cough, then a dry cough that stings my throat but never coughing fits. Been having sneezing fits but it seems more of an allergy sign there.

Jittery, a few palpitations, nervousness, stress, anger at the world and next door still flaunting the rules, a terrible sense of doom that I will get this/have it already, upset still at the argument and shouting I had to do over the phone to my parents on Saturday - that broke my heart, but they will not listen to me and my Mum still thinks its ok to post a letter and buy a paper in the newsagents.

Stomach is upset but not sure why. I am going to have an hours' walk Wednesday but feel terrified to leave the house. Last thing I want is to be a hermit if this is ever over.
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:06 - Apr 6 with 1760 viewsOsborneOneNil

I'm ok, as it stands. I've lots of work to getting on with at home (mortgage and protection sector), so not bored. Our boys, 7 & 11, are keeping us on our toes too, school work, footie in the garden, them scrapping. I'm watching more quality Tv and films, than usual. Also reading again. Mrs Ozzy is off, as of last week, but she's struggling a fair bit with anxiety. Any form of illness makes her convinced something sinister is about to unfold, which I totally get. Her Mum is 75 and on her own, which is upsetting as she is normally here a fair bit, seeing the boys etc. Not knowing if this is the norm for another month, or 3-6, is the hardest part. No date to aim for.

We are walking for an hour, hour and a half, every day. We live by the South Coast so have some wonderful walks. I am working out 3 times a week via Zoom, for an hour, with a group I normally train with. Can't stress enough how important keeping active is, for your health and your mind.

It'll be a different ball game if the chance to exercise outside of the home is removed. That'll be tough.

Hope all you guys are ok, and stay healthy.
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:15 - Apr 6 with 1762 viewsPhilTWTD

I felt a few potential symptoms last week but seemed to dissipate before developing into anything serious, so think it was probably a cold.

Sadly my cousin John contracted it and died last week. He was 72 and had dementia and was in a care home, so was obviously vulnerable. Not someone I was especially close to and hadn't seen him in a while but still a shock and very sad.

Work-wise, trying to keep things ticking over on here despite the obvious lack of focus and current ad revenues meaning we're going to cover costs and not much more for the next little while, although we'll be able to cope with that.
Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:19 - Apr 6 with 1737 viewsfooters

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:15 - Apr 6 by PhilTWTD

I felt a few potential symptoms last week but seemed to dissipate before developing into anything serious, so think it was probably a cold.

Sadly my cousin John contracted it and died last week. He was 72 and had dementia and was in a care home, so was obviously vulnerable. Not someone I was especially close to and hadn't seen him in a while but still a shock and very sad.

Work-wise, trying to keep things ticking over on here despite the obvious lack of focus and current ad revenues meaning we're going to cover costs and not much more for the next little while, although we'll be able to cope with that.

Sorry to hear that, Lord Ham.

Hopefully people hearing things like that will stop them acting like total lemons.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:23 - Apr 6 with 1715 viewsPhilTWTD

Morning all, how is everyone getting on? on 11:19 - Apr 6 by footers

Sorry to hear that, Lord Ham.

Hopefully people hearing things like that will stop them acting like total lemons.

Thanks. Indeed, I think it does make it more real when you hear of identifiable individuals dying rather than statistics on a graph at a press conference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024