Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So... 5G masts and corona virus 08:41 - Apr 6 with 5183 viewssparks

Anyone on here prepared to admit that they have a sneaking suspicion, or belief that there is a connection? No smoke without fire perhaps? I am intrigued to see if we have any proponents of this particular conspiracy in our midst.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:18 - Apr 6 with 971 viewsStokieBlue

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 12:56 - Apr 6 by Eireannach_gorm

Not necessarily that clear cut and maybe the friend would have been affected by 4G towers if he had got close as well.

https://www.intechopen.com/books/current-understanding-of-apoptosis-programmed-c

I'm not sure why Chernobyl is mentioned in this article as this would be ionising radiation which is a well known hazard but the jury is still out on non-ionising radiation. Also the individual sensitivity/effect to electromagnetic radiation and the energy levels are not sufficiently studied.

That papers doesn't present any of it's own evidence, just summarises various other studies and then doesn't even draw specific conclusions from them.

Microwave radiation can be debilitating but it needs to be at far higher energy levels as seen in the US weapons. Mobile phone towers are magnitudes away from the levels required and used by the Soviet scientists cited in that paper.

You are right that the evidence should be continually examined but I'm not convinced the jury is as out as you claim on the effects of non-ionising radiation.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:19 - Apr 6 with 964 viewsThe_Last_Baron

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 10:08 - Apr 6 by monytowbray

Pirates had old old wooden ships. So makes sense.

Global warming is more scary than every other threat to the planet, and ironically the conspiracy theorists think it's a lie. Amazes me no one else seems bothered by it because it F*CKING TERRIFIES me. More than this virus or the economy falling apart. The world Interstellar is set in with food shortages and extreme weather? Yep, that's gonna come if we don't sort it out.

Here's a sobering read: https://www.unenvironment.org/explore-topics/climate-change/facts-about-climate-

Gonna be a weird world when everyone looks back at those unwashed hippies who blocked off some London roads in 2019 and say "Oh, they were right and we demonised them".

Eat less meat and drive your car less.

You write a lot of b0ll0cks.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:22 - Apr 6 with 955 viewsNewcyBlue

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 10:08 - Apr 6 by monytowbray

Pirates had old old wooden ships. So makes sense.

Global warming is more scary than every other threat to the planet, and ironically the conspiracy theorists think it's a lie. Amazes me no one else seems bothered by it because it F*CKING TERRIFIES me. More than this virus or the economy falling apart. The world Interstellar is set in with food shortages and extreme weather? Yep, that's gonna come if we don't sort it out.

Here's a sobering read: https://www.unenvironment.org/explore-topics/climate-change/facts-about-climate-

Gonna be a weird world when everyone looks back at those unwashed hippies who blocked off some London roads in 2019 and say "Oh, they were right and we demonised them".

Eat less meat and drive your car less.

Pirates now often have wooden skiffs that can do in excess of 25kts. Usually with rocket launchers and AK47s with them too!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:23 - Apr 6 with 952 viewsleitrimblue

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:22 - Apr 6 by NewcyBlue

Pirates now often have wooden skiffs that can do in excess of 25kts. Usually with rocket launchers and AK47s with them too!

I wanna be a pirate!
So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:24 - Apr 6 with 946 viewsNewcyBlue

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:23 - Apr 6 by leitrimblue

I wanna be a pirate!

I'm happy to do the driving

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:28 - Apr 6 with 938 viewsleitrimblue

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:24 - Apr 6 by NewcyBlue

I'm happy to do the driving

Cool, I've never fired a rocket launcher but I've seen Taliban types do it on TV and it looks easy enough. I guess there will be plenty of rum and sodomy as well?
So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:31 - Apr 6 with 919 viewsNewcyBlue

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:28 - Apr 6 by leitrimblue

Cool, I've never fired a rocket launcher but I've seen Taliban types do it on TV and it looks easy enough. I guess there will be plenty of rum and sodomy as well?

Depends how much rum I drink!

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:54 - Apr 6 with 889 viewsHarry_Palmer

First off I have not seen any evidence that leads me to believe there is a direct link between between 5G and the coronavirus, I also do not condone the vandalism of 5G towers that has reportedly taken place.

That said however, I am slightly baffled at what appears to be the continuing rollout of 5G infrastructure when we are in the middle of a nationwide lockdown and a public health crisis. Does this really fit in with the 'essential work only' guidelines that have been issued? Why are the engineers that are installing the towers being put at increased risk of catching and spreading Covid-19 when they don't need to be?

Equally confusing is the claim from the Government and their advisers that the suspected arson attacks on 5G towers are "taking action against the very infrastructure that we need to respond to this health emergency"

Unless I am missing something the towers that have been targeted are new recently installed 5G towers. Prior to these being installed i'm pretty sure we had a perfectly adequate communications network already in place and I have not heard of emergency services and response being adversely effected in the past due to us not having 5G, again unless I am missing something.

Here's a thought, how about stopping the current 5G rollout seeing as it seems to be causing these responses/concerns from the public at a time when many people are extremely worried and anxious about the virus, jobs, losing their homes etc. as well as having more time than ever to view online content that may be causing them even more anxiety.

In the meantime we could be using the perfectly good existing network infrastructure, and then once the Coronavirus pandemic is over they can resume work, or better still, hold a completely transparent public consultation on 5G addressing all of the concerns of the public and assigning independent scientists to test and confirm the safety of the 5G technologies. To the best of my knowledge there are currently no long term independent safety studies that have been carried out on 5g technology, I believe the industry has admitted to this.

If 5G is safe, why not take the time to conclusively prove it rather than installing it at a time when a lot of people will deem it unnecessary and where doing so actually makes it look like something covert that is being fast-tracked while people are largely confined to their homes.
Login to get fewer ads

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 14:02 - Apr 6 with 864 viewsStokieBlue

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:54 - Apr 6 by Harry_Palmer

First off I have not seen any evidence that leads me to believe there is a direct link between between 5G and the coronavirus, I also do not condone the vandalism of 5G towers that has reportedly taken place.

That said however, I am slightly baffled at what appears to be the continuing rollout of 5G infrastructure when we are in the middle of a nationwide lockdown and a public health crisis. Does this really fit in with the 'essential work only' guidelines that have been issued? Why are the engineers that are installing the towers being put at increased risk of catching and spreading Covid-19 when they don't need to be?

Equally confusing is the claim from the Government and their advisers that the suspected arson attacks on 5G towers are "taking action against the very infrastructure that we need to respond to this health emergency"

Unless I am missing something the towers that have been targeted are new recently installed 5G towers. Prior to these being installed i'm pretty sure we had a perfectly adequate communications network already in place and I have not heard of emergency services and response being adversely effected in the past due to us not having 5G, again unless I am missing something.

Here's a thought, how about stopping the current 5G rollout seeing as it seems to be causing these responses/concerns from the public at a time when many people are extremely worried and anxious about the virus, jobs, losing their homes etc. as well as having more time than ever to view online content that may be causing them even more anxiety.

In the meantime we could be using the perfectly good existing network infrastructure, and then once the Coronavirus pandemic is over they can resume work, or better still, hold a completely transparent public consultation on 5G addressing all of the concerns of the public and assigning independent scientists to test and confirm the safety of the 5G technologies. To the best of my knowledge there are currently no long term independent safety studies that have been carried out on 5g technology, I believe the industry has admitted to this.

If 5G is safe, why not take the time to conclusively prove it rather than installing it at a time when a lot of people will deem it unnecessary and where doing so actually makes it look like something covert that is being fast-tracked while people are largely confined to their homes.

That feels like you are using subjects that are currently very emotive to achieve your long running aim of stopping the 5G network.

Out interest, how long would you like these long term studies to be? The effects of non-ionising radiation are well known and have been for years.

Just under a month ago the international body for these things deemed it safe:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/mar/12/5g-safe-radiation-watchdog-he

I do agree they can halt the rollout during the lockdown but that doesn't automatically lead into everything else you've said.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 14:22 - Apr 6 with 837 viewsHarry_Palmer

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 14:02 - Apr 6 by StokieBlue

That feels like you are using subjects that are currently very emotive to achieve your long running aim of stopping the 5G network.

Out interest, how long would you like these long term studies to be? The effects of non-ionising radiation are well known and have been for years.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/mar/12/5g-safe-radiation-watchdog-he

I do agree they can halt the rollout during the lockdown but that doesn't automatically lead into everything else you've said.

SB

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I have 'a long running aim of stopping the 5G network from'? I have rarely posted on the subject.

I do have concerns and reservations about it for sure but it largely depends on how safe it is and how it is deployed. I have seen suggestions that for 5G to be effective it will require mini cell towers to be placed in close proximity, so possibly every few hundred yards on every street in the land ( maybe using lamp posts etc ), I would not be particularly keen on that prospect as I am sure many wont if one lands right outside their house.

If alternatively it is just a few additional cell towers much like we have already then that would be a different prospect and one I could live with, despite them being incredibly ugly and a blot on our beautiful landscapes.

Just my musings anyway and I don't suppose for a minute my views will count for anything as the Government and telecoms giants are going to do what they want regardless. Thanks for the link, I will take a look later.
So... 5G masts and corona virus on 14:45 - Apr 6 with 803 viewslongtimefan

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 14:02 - Apr 6 by StokieBlue

SB

Current 5G rollout is mainly using repurposed existing mobile spectrum. The only new band being used initially is the 3.4GHz band that was previously used by the MOD anyway. The much higher frequency bands (mm bands) won’t be rolled out until later.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 20:09]
So... 5G masts and corona virus on 14:54 - Apr 6 with 778 viewsSpruceMoose

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:19 - Apr 6 by The_Last_Baron

I've never seen you post anything other than rabid horsesh!t on here yourself, so you should probably pipe down.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 15:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 15:00 - Apr 6 with 760 viewsBrixtonBlue

"Unless I am missing something the towers that have been targeted are new recently installed 5G towers. Prior to these being installed i'm pretty sure we had a perfectly adequate communications network already in place..."

There are millions more people working from home via the internet/conference calls etc. The "perfectly adequate communications network" has never had to cope with this much traffic.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 15:02 - Apr 6 with 753 viewsEwan_Oozami

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:15 - Apr 6 by Darth_Koont

It's a good time to watch HyperNormalisation again.

Yep, plus Bitter Lake and The Mayfair Set - just to remind ourselves how we got to where we are now...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 15:32 - Apr 6 with 721 viewsmonytowbray

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:19 - Apr 6 by The_Last_Baron

Come on then smart arse, prove me wrong...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 15:33 - Apr 6 with 720 viewsHarry_Palmer

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 15:00 - Apr 6 by BrixtonBlue

"Unless I am missing something the towers that have been targeted are new recently installed 5G towers. Prior to these being installed i'm pretty sure we had a perfectly adequate communications network already in place..."

There are millions more people working from home via the internet/conference calls etc. The "perfectly adequate communications network" has never had to cope with this much traffic.

I'm not really sure that argument stands up to be honest. There may well be millions of people now working from home but there are also now many people not working at all, not to mention many workplaces now empty that would all have been utilising the infrastructure.

The inference from the Government adviser was that without the 5G towers that have been damaged we will struggle to respond to Covid-19, that is somewhat misleading and disingenuous. Again, I do not condone the actions of the idiots who caused the damage in any way.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 15:34]
So... 5G masts and corona virus on 15:33 - Apr 6 with 714 viewsmonytowbray

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 13:22 - Apr 6 by NewcyBlue

All I can think about is that South Park episode where they get all excited because Pirates are back.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 16:05 - Apr 6 with 691 viewsNewcyBlue

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 15:33 - Apr 6 by monytowbray

All I can think about is that South Park episode where they get all excited because Pirates are back.

I hated South Park when I was younger. It was never much fun for someone whose name can be shortened to Kenny.

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 16:20 - Apr 7 with 567 viewsMarinerisGod

This is a brave post given
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/apr/02/uk-media-outlets-told-not-to-promo

and
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52198946?SThisFB&fbclid=IwAR3h6VbXGTKjgP8O

You'll end up on a list somewhere.

Being Deadpool for real.
Poll: Best McCarthy

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 16:35 - Apr 7 with 540 viewsr2d2

We have barely got 3G around here. So cant blame it on that lm afraid.
So... 5G masts and corona virus on 16:49 - Apr 7 with 524 viewsBluesquid

I've seen it mentioned that 5G has never actually been tested on humans.
I didn't think that was actually true so i attempted to find the data relating to 5G tests carried out on humans but i couldn't find any data whatsoever regarding these specific 5G tests.

Is this really the case? Something so huge and wide-ranging without any tests on humans?
Or will the tests begin when the rollout is complete and it's put online?
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 16:57]
So... 5G masts and corona virus on 17:05 - Apr 7 with 505 viewsDanTheMan

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 16:49 - Apr 7 by Bluesquid

I've seen it mentioned that 5G has never actually been tested on humans.
I didn't think that was actually true so i attempted to find the data relating to 5G tests carried out on humans but i couldn't find any data whatsoever regarding these specific 5G tests.

Is this really the case? Something so huge and wide-ranging without any tests on humans?
Or will the tests begin when the rollout is complete and it's put online?
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 16:57]

I want you to think for a moment about how you build wireless technology like that without it ever being around humans.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 17:10 - Apr 7 with 494 viewsMarinerisGod

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 17:05 - Apr 7 by DanTheMan

I want you to think for a moment about how you build wireless technology like that without it ever being around humans.

is this where some wit says, well lizards built it?

Being Deadpool for real.
Poll: Best McCarthy

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 17:16 - Apr 7 with 482 viewsBluesquid

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 17:05 - Apr 7 by DanTheMan

No problem with it being around humans just needs to be adequately tested on them first before it's put online.

I may be wrong but i certainly couldn't find any data from studies relating to specific 5G safety tests on humans.
So... 5G masts and corona virus on 17:19 - Apr 7 with 476 viewsDanTheMan

So... 5G masts and corona virus on 17:16 - Apr 7 by Bluesquid

No problem with it being around humans just needs to be adequately tested on them first before it's put online.

I may be wrong but i certainly couldn't find any data from studies relating to specific 5G safety tests on humans.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/190005/emf-test-summary.pdf

I literally just Googled "5G Safety".

Now this might not be specifically what you're looking for, but unless there is something specific about 5G you think would cause damage to hum,ans that are outside how radiation normally works then this is how radiation is tested.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024