Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The USA White-House CV Press Briefing are so amateurish! 13:00 - Apr 6 with 738 viewsunstableblue

I watched the full one from yesterday.

(I'll park the obvious Trump critique, but rest assured he promoted his malaria pills as a key theme, where no proven scientific evidence exists, he has procured millions of these drugs, yet no medical staff prescribing, its cod logic and his words on this area really are confusing. He also shot down any critique, calling CNN and AP fake news, and refused to let his chief medical adviser comment on the efficacy of the malaria drug focus).

What struck me was how unprofessional the whole briefing was. For such a large and 'powerful' country.

The messaging was so confused and unclear. There are no simple messages on the lecterns. No one really promoted social distancing, and other measures in a clear way, apart from a bungled attempt at the end. The people on the stage were very close together. Graphs were unreadable. But most critically they seemed to negate the importance of social distancing and the disease by painting a picture of a light at the end of the tunnel, of using spain/italy trending as a exemplar for the US (despite those countries having far more stringent measures), and that a return to normal was imminent. Yes they stated they had a rough week ahead, but the messaging really was poor on keeping up measures.

It really did put our response and our government approach in a very positive light.
Not surprising that Americans are also looking at the Queen's very crisp messaging and call for continued focus (but with hope) so appealing!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The USA White-House CV Press Briefing are so amateurish! on 13:07 - Apr 6 with 701 viewsIllinoisblue

Every day is the same: Trump telling lies for an hour while contradicting the medical experts.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The USA White-House CV Press Briefing are so amateurish! on 13:12 - Apr 6 with 699 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump and his administration really are astonishing. Reminds me far too much of the Queenie court scenes in Blackadder.

What has surprised me is that the more serious journalists still give him and the press conferences some respect. They're asking good questions but it's getting to the point where they should be wlking out or boycotting them. They should effectively de-platform him from spreading these mixed and often irrelevant messages. Instead they should be going to the source federal departments to get their information and communicating it from there. Trump's "overview" just gets in the way of everything.

Pronouns: He/Him

The USA White-House CV Press Briefing are so amateurish! on 13:26 - Apr 6 with 650 viewsunstableblue

The USA White-House CV Press Briefing are so amateurish! on 13:12 - Apr 6 by Darth_Koont

Trump and his administration really are astonishing. Reminds me far too much of the Queenie court scenes in Blackadder.

What has surprised me is that the more serious journalists still give him and the press conferences some respect. They're asking good questions but it's getting to the point where they should be wlking out or boycotting them. They should effectively de-platform him from spreading these mixed and often irrelevant messages. Instead they should be going to the source federal departments to get their information and communicating it from there. Trump's "overview" just gets in the way of everything.

Darth - this is well worth a read:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/04/front-row-at-the-trump-show-jona

This journalist does make the point that the press cannot be the resistance to Trump, as much as they must feel the need.

The issue is that when the majority of the press go away and report the truth about Trump and his antics, they are then demonised by Fox, far right news outlets and sadly the Republican Party itself. Trump is a gravy train - no mater the HUGE damage being caused to US socieity and its standing in the world.

Its just unprecedented.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The USA White-House CV Press Briefing are so amateurish! on 13:58 - Apr 6 with 622 viewsdavblue

The USA White-House CV Press Briefing are so amateurish! on 13:07 - Apr 6 by Illinoisblue

Every day is the same: Trump telling lies for an hour while contradicting the medical experts.

If it wasn't about something so serious, it would actually be very funny it's like a comedy sketch show.

Unreal behaviour from a President of a country, he's almost like that comical Ali guy from Iraq if i recall correctly.
The USA White-House CV Press Briefing are so amateurish! on 15:27 - Apr 6 with 576 viewsIllinoisblue

The USA White-House CV Press Briefing are so amateurish! on 13:58 - Apr 6 by davblue

If it wasn't about something so serious, it would actually be very funny it's like a comedy sketch show.

Unreal behaviour from a President of a country, he's almost like that comical Ali guy from Iraq if i recall correctly.

Sadly, the punchline is, four more years. And nobody laughed.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The USA White-House CV Press Briefing are so amateurish! on 15:31 - Apr 6 with 566 viewsSpruceMoose

The USA White-House CV Press Briefing are so amateurish! on 15:27 - Apr 6 by Illinoisblue

Sadly, the punchline is, four more years. And nobody laughed.

The way his cult members idoilse him there won't be too many left come the election should they listen to what 'expertise' he has to offer on the virus.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The USA White-House CV Press Briefing are so amateurish! on 15:51 - Apr 6 with 543 viewsPinewoodblue

The USA White-House CV Press Briefing are so amateurish! on 13:58 - Apr 6 by davblue

He treats every press briefing as a campaign rally and his supporters hang in every word. I feel sorry for his too chief experts they don’t want to be there but clearly feel they have to otherwise it would be even worse.

Politically the USA is morally bankrupt. The Voters have to choose in November between Trump and someone even older.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024