Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? 17:45 - Apr 6 with 2831 viewsBluefish

I find it utterly bizarre that anyone cares about anything she has to say. She is utterly pointless. If the speech was im my garden i wouldn't open the window to listen, likewise if she walked down my street I wouldn't cross the road to say hello. Madness that some get excited by her

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 17:50 - Apr 6 with 2390 viewsGirthyguy

I find it bizarre that you find it bizarre.The thing that ruined it was the fact we were told word for word what she was going to say in her speech before it was aired.
How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 17:53 - Apr 6 with 2383 viewsKeno

I thought it inspiring

could only have been better if Kate and Sophie Wessex had delivered the speech instead

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:01 - Apr 6 with 2348 viewsMattinLondon

I find it odd that due to an accident of birth some feel the need to now their heads to members of the royal family. Individually, they seem likeable and dedicated to their roles. But the royal family is archaic and should be abolished.
How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:02 - Apr 6 with 2345 viewsWeWereZombies

I guess it depends on whether you think a nation needs a sovereign. I am reasonably happy that we are a constitutional monarchy rather than a republic with a unicameral assembly. Even those republics with an upper and a lower house can be problematic when their President is not statesmanlike, who would you rather have as a figurehead - Elizabeth Windsor with her limited powers or Donald Trump with his rather more sweeping powers?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:02 - Apr 6 with 2344 viewsm14_blue

I liked it.
I assume this post is because your..... on 18:03 - Apr 6 with 2342 viewsBloots

…..one about Shambert didn't get a single bite?

You silly sod.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:03 - Apr 6 with 2349 viewslinhdi

I tuned in. Excellent speech from perhaps our greatest ever monarch.

I'd happily get rid of parliament and let the Queen rule.

Guess that makes me a monarchist.
How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:06 - Apr 6 with 2327 viewsWeWereZombies

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:03 - Apr 6 by linhdi

If you want to get rid of Parliament I think that would make you an upholder of divine right, and a Monarchist rather than a monarchist.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:06 - Apr 6 with 2325 viewsWD19

I watched her in the bath.

No, not like that. The palace have tightened up security since last time.
I watched on the bbc news website.
How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:12 - Apr 6 with 2306 viewsjeera

I managed to listen to it without excitement.

In fact I think that's the first time since I was maybe a kid that I have bothered.

My reasoning was that she's not too long for this world at her age and deserves a bit of respect. Remarkable delivery for her age too.

I have no problem with her at all, only the concept of a monarchy continuing beyond her time.

She has served her country well and in a manner that any of the others would struggle to come even close to replicating.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:16 - Apr 6 with 2296 viewsPJH

I didn't (I may have been on TWTD at the time) but I think my wife watched it.
How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:17 - Apr 6 with 2292 viewsgainsboroughblue

As pointless as your constant PRP posts?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:28 - Apr 6 with 2245 viewsIllinoisblue

Trying. Too. Hard.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:57 - Apr 6 with 2203 viewsSuperblue95

F*ck me

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 19:03 - Apr 6 with 2183 viewsHerbivore

It makes you a div.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 19:24 - Apr 6 with 2127 viewsBrixtonBlue

I find it utterly bizarre that anyone cares about anything you have to say about Paul Lambert. Oh yeah, they don't.

Madness that you get excited by him.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 19:27 - Apr 6 with 2110 viewsPecker

Yes I did.
How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 19:59 - Apr 6 with 2050 viewsFixed_It

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:28 - Apr 6 by Illinoisblue

Trying. Too. Hard.

Just 'trying'!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 20:16 - Apr 6 with 2022 viewssolemio

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 18:57 - Apr 6 by Superblue95

F*ck me

No thank you.
How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 20:23 - Apr 6 with 2006 viewsSuperblue95

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 20:16 - Apr 6 by solemio

No thank you.

Worth a try

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 21:46 - Apr 6 with 1913 viewsbrazil1982

She's our Head of State, not pointless at all.

If she hadn't made any kind of broadcast you'd no doubt be moaning about that too.
I assume this post is because your..... on 21:55 - Apr 6 with 1880 viewsSpruceMoose

I assume this post is because your..... on 18:03 - Apr 6 by Bloots

…..one about Shambert didn't get a single bite?

You silly sod.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 22:01 - Apr 6 with 1830 viewsGeoffSentence

The sole reason we had it on in The Sentence Household was because WifeSentence is a carer and felt that some of her old folks might want to discuss it.

As it was she said absolutely nothing insightful, her delivery was the usual dreary monotone and she ended up harking back to the war with that 'we'll meet again' sign off, which had me rolling my eyes.

If anyone else had delivered that speech it would have gone without notive and I struggle to see why otherwise sensible people get excited about it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 08:20 - Apr 7 with 1645 viewsBrixtonBlue

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 22:01 - Apr 6 by GeoffSentence

The sole reason we had it on in The Sentence Household was because WifeSentence is a carer and felt that some of her old folks might want to discuss it.

As it was she said absolutely nothing insightful, her delivery was the usual dreary monotone and she ended up harking back to the war with that 'we'll meet again' sign off, which had me rolling my eyes.

If anyone else had delivered that speech it would have gone without notive and I struggle to see why otherwise sensible people get excited about it.

Who got excited about it?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 09:14 - Apr 7 with 1563 viewsmrshallisfit

How many of you tuned into the Queen yesterday? on 17:53 - Apr 6 by Keno

I thought it inspiring

could only have been better if Kate and Sophie Wessex had delivered the speech instead

What in the nip? Smeared with Baby Oil?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024