Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris is in intensive care (n/t) 20:13 - Apr 6 with 4056 viewsEastTownBlue

Precaution at present it would appear

[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 20:20]
Boris is in intensive care (n/t) on 00:42 - Apr 7 with 518 viewsIPS_wich

Boris is in intensive care (n/t) on 21:23 - Apr 6 by ElderGrizzly

Sadly, the treatment for this is very simple and at the same time quite limited. He’ll certainly have more attention on him than you or I, but their interventions are very limited.

I too hope he gets better soon and hopefully this will make a few sit up and realise this is serious. If the near 6,000 deaths hadn’t already done so.

But according to many on social media we have thousands of deaths every year from flu...so why should this virus mean we have to act any differently!!

I've had to stop myself from trying to reason with them because I remembered that no matter how many times I quoted an 'expert' during the run up to the Brexit vote there were always at least three times as many quack theories from Facebook that could be thrown back at me.

As someone who has actually made a living as an expert in health system planning and performance I was starting to get irrationally angry at some of the absolute nonsense being spouted by armchair experts.

[To clarify the only level of expertise I have that is relevant to this pandemic is how hospitals could/should be configured to best respond to the backlog of non-urgent elective cases once the tsunami of COVID-19 cases have subsided - but I know enough to be able to discern a crackpot theory from one based upon just a shred of evidence and data]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024