Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided 20:13 - Apr 6 with 1355 viewsBrixtonBlue

That was a lifesaver during this crisis, particularly for older residents. Cordoned off by police tonight, so we had to travel much further and queue at a Tescos for essentials. Just found out why. Ramraided by a gang in a stolen Range Rover and the ATM machine taken.

Looks like criminals don't have time off when the world's in lockdown. Fecking barstewards.

https://www.mylondon.news/news/south-london-news/london-crime-gang-uses-stolen-1

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 20:33 - Apr 6 with 1283 viewsSitfcB

Been loads of shop robberies in Suffolk the last couple of week.

I suppose they feel with less people about they can get away with it.

This bloke didn’t though...

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/latest-news/23-03-2020/bury-st-edmunds-man-ch

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 21:32 - Apr 6 with 1151 viewsfactual_blue

Plus ça change

On one day in November 1940, 20 of the 56 cases listed for hearing at the Old Bailey concerned looting offences. The total number of cases for the four months of the Blitz to the end of December was 4,584. When the Café de Paris restaurant and nightclub in Piccadilly suffered a direct hit by the Luftwaffe in 1941, rescuers had to battle their way through looters that were fighting to tear rings and other jewellery from the dead revellers. There were many cases in which looters weren’t just criminals and members of the public: firemen, wardens and other members of the defence forces often joined in too.

https://www.historyextra.com/period/second-world-war/10-facts-about-crime-on-the
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 21:32]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 21:33 - Apr 6 with 1142 viewshoppy

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 20:33 - Apr 6 by SitfcB

Been loads of shop robberies in Suffolk the last couple of week.

I suppose they feel with less people about they can get away with it.

This bloke didn’t though...

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/latest-news/23-03-2020/bury-st-edmunds-man-ch

Seriously? What was he thinking?

A Suzuki Alto?!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 21:35 - Apr 6 with 1131 viewsNewcyBlue

Ram raiding? I thought that only happened in Wales...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 21:36 - Apr 6 with 1121 viewshoppy

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 21:35 - Apr 6 by NewcyBlue

Ram raiding? I thought that only happened in Wales...

was your 'd' key upside down?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 21:38 - Apr 6 with 1110 viewsNewcyBlue

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 21:36 - Apr 6 by hoppy

was your 'd' key upside down?

Gone over my head mate

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 21:40 - Apr 6 with 1105 viewsjeera

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 21:33 - Apr 6 by hoppy

Seriously? What was he thinking?

A Suzuki Alto?!

Driven 300 yards from the crime scene.

It actually sounds as though he may have driven that home.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 21:44 - Apr 6 with 1084 viewsgiant_stow

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 21:32 - Apr 6 by factual_blue

Plus ça change

On one day in November 1940, 20 of the 56 cases listed for hearing at the Old Bailey concerned looting offences. The total number of cases for the four months of the Blitz to the end of December was 4,584. When the Café de Paris restaurant and nightclub in Piccadilly suffered a direct hit by the Luftwaffe in 1941, rescuers had to battle their way through looters that were fighting to tear rings and other jewellery from the dead revellers. There were many cases in which looters weren’t just criminals and members of the public: firemen, wardens and other members of the defence forces often joined in too.

https://www.historyextra.com/period/second-world-war/10-facts-about-crime-on-the
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 21:32]

During a levels i got in big trouble with my history teacher for lazily referring to the blitz spirit in an essay. If inly id read you first.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 23:18 - Apr 6 with 948 viewsfactual_blue

Well that's just great. Co-op at the end of our road has been ramraided on 21:44 - Apr 6 by giant_stow

During a levels i got in big trouble with my history teacher for lazily referring to the blitz spirit in an essay. If inly id read you first.

The 'Blitz spirit' was very largely a post-war invention, probably post-dating Churchill's death in 1965.

I imagine the memory most civilians had of those dreadful times was sheer terror. I can recall at least one person telling me that their reaction on VE day was 'we can stop being scared now'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024