Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama 21:55 - Apr 6 with 1019 viewsitfcjoe

Think it’s still on iplayer, but I’ve enjoyed the first few episodes of this.

The actress plying Christine went to Woodbridge School so presumably is local, and is very attractive

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 23:34 - Apr 6 with 945 viewsRyorry

Saw it live, superb series & acting.

Ended up feeling really sorry for both Ward & Keeler.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 23:51 - Apr 6 with 936 viewsfactual_blue

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 23:34 - Apr 6 by Ryorry

The 5th Baron Profumo, on the other hand, was a prize shi,t. And, perhaps unsurprisingly, was a member of the bullingdon club when up at Oxford.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 05:58 - Apr 7 with 880 viewsPendejo

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 23:51 - Apr 6 by factual_blue

The 5th Baron Profumo, on the other hand, was a prize shi,t. And, perhaps unsurprisingly, was a member of the bullingdon club when up at Oxford.

I used to deal with his insurance policies late 80s early 90s, he was "do you know who I am" type, which is ironic given most would only know if him as a disgraced politician.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 07:07 - Apr 7 with 841 viewsitfcjoe

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 23:34 - Apr 6 by Ryorry

Ward seems a strange guy, but was always going to be the fall guy in things once the establishment closed ranks

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 10:47 - Apr 7 with 725 viewsRadlett_blue

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 23:51 - Apr 6 by factual_blue

Shortly after his resignation, Profumo was invited to work at Toynbee Hall as a volunteer by Walter Birmingham, who was a warden there.
Toynbee Hall is a charity based in the East End of London, and Profumo continued to work there for the rest of his life, becoming Toynbee Hall's chief fundraiser, and using his political skills and contacts to raise large sums of money.
Most people aren't 100% bad.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 11:01 - Apr 7 with 708 viewsitfcjoe

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 10:47 - Apr 7 by Radlett_blue

Shortly after his resignation, Profumo was invited to work at Toynbee Hall as a volunteer by Walter Birmingham, who was a warden there.
Toynbee Hall is a charity based in the East End of London, and Profumo continued to work there for the rest of his life, becoming Toynbee Hall's chief fundraiser, and using his political skills and contacts to raise large sums of money.

He was happy for everyone to be taken to the cleaners with terrible consequences.

But seems to all stem from a lie that he didn't need to make, that had he admitted it early on would have been forgotten about quite quickly

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 11:20 - Apr 7 with 700 viewsSouthBucksBlue

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 10:47 - Apr 7 by Radlett_blue

Despite this I thought it very inappropriate he was awarded an CBE considering the cost of his conduct to Ward and others.

Keeler’s BBC radio interview of around 1990 (replayed recently when the tv program was aired) was also an eye opener as to how she was treated.
The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 11:29 - Apr 7 with 691 viewsRadlett_blue

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 11:20 - Apr 7 by SouthBucksBlue

Despite this I thought it very inappropriate he was awarded an CBE considering the cost of his conduct to Ward and others.

Keeler’s BBC radio interview of around 1990 (replayed recently when the tv program was aired) was also an eye opener as to how she was treated.

The establishment love awarding medals & titles to each other. It's also a very effective way of sucking others into the establishment.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 11:49 - Apr 7 with 672 viewsfactual_blue

The Trial of Christine Keeler - BBC Drama on 05:58 - Apr 7 by Pendejo

I used to deal with his insurance policies late 80s early 90s, he was "do you know who I am" type, which is ironic given most would only know if him as a disgraced politician.

I've always loved the (probably apocryphal story of Somebody Very Important using the 'do you know who I am?' to a shop assistant. The shop assistant then says to a colleague 'can you help please? This poor gentleman doesn't know who he is'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024