Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then 08:39 - Apr 7 with 1573 viewstractorboy1978

What a surprise.
Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 08:51 - Apr 7 with 1539 viewsfactual_blue

Are arrant banks or tim martin digging into their pockets to help ?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 08:56 - Apr 7 with 1518 viewshampstead_blue

Slug.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 08:56 - Apr 7 with 1519 viewstractorboy1978

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 08:51 - Apr 7 by factual_blue

Are arrant banks or tim martin digging into their pockets to help ?

All UK banks have cancelled dividends (up to £8bn). Tim Martin - I don't know. Nice whataboutery though.
Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 09:00 - Apr 7 with 1502 viewsfactual_blue

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 08:56 - Apr 7 by tractorboy1978

All UK banks have cancelled dividends (up to £8bn). Tim Martin - I don't know. Nice whataboutery though.

arrant banks - the bad boy of brexit.

And it's 'whataboutism'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 09:09 - Apr 7 with 1473 viewsWD19

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 09:00 - Apr 7 by factual_blue

arrant banks - the bad boy of brexit.

And it's 'whataboutism'.

‘Factual Blue - the apologist for Gordon Banks....and by extension Rupert Murdoch’
Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 09:25 - Apr 7 with 1432 viewsRadlett_blue

The fattest of all fat cats and one who also seems to have more than 9 lives. The 75 year old remains an immovable object & continues to pick up his £2m a year for doing exactly what? Largely, defending his "members", whatever they do. A well led PFA would have been devoting much more of its huge income (thanks to getting a fixed % of the TV income) to setting up schemes to help ex-players adjust to life after football, for example.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 10:37]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 09:53 - Apr 7 with 1390 viewsBlueBadger

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 08:56 - Apr 7 by tractorboy1978

https://newsthump.com/2020/04/06/man-who-wants-millionaire-footballers-to-donate

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 10:11 - Apr 7 with 1339 viewsBlueBadger

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 09:25 - Apr 7 by Radlett_blue

The fattest of all fat cats and one who also seems to have more than 9 lives. The 75 year old remains an immovable object & continues to pick up his £2m a year for doing exactly what? Largely, defending his "members", whatever they do. A well led PFA would have been devoting much more of its huge income (thanks to getting a fixed % of the TV income) to setting up schemes to help ex-players adjust to life after football, for example.

Whilst I agree with the above sentiments, I do feel that football is a something of a soft target, WHY is more opprobrium not being brought against executives, shareholders and tax avoiders right now?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 10:18 - Apr 7 with 1321 viewsRadlett_blue

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 10:11 - Apr 7 by BlueBadger

Whilst I agree with the above sentiments, I do feel that football is a something of a soft target, WHY is more opprobrium not being brought against executives, shareholders and tax avoiders right now?

I think that senior executives in companies which are furloughing employees should take voluntary 20% pay cuts themselves and waive all bonuses until the crisis is over.
Football's problem is its high profile, but yet again, the PFA shoots itself in the foot, unwilling to support any sort of pay cut & Taylor coming out with the absurd nonsense that cutting players' salaries will actually hurt the NHS.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 11:27 - Apr 7 with 1217 viewshampstead_blue

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 09:25 - Apr 7 by Radlett_blue

His salary is a reflection of the bloated and greedy nature of the industry.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 12:45 - Apr 7 with 1125 viewsbritbiker

Its not that I dislike the man, but that droning dull voice of his just does my head in.
Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 12:53 - Apr 7 with 1112 viewsbritbiker

Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 10:18 - Apr 7 by Radlett_blue

I think that senior executives in companies which are furloughing employees should take voluntary 20% pay cuts themselves and waive all bonuses until the crisis is over.
Football's problem is its high profile, but yet again, the PFA shoots itself in the foot, unwilling to support any sort of pay cut & Taylor coming out with the absurd nonsense that cutting players' salaries will actually hurt the NHS.

Footballs problem is that there is more than sufficient money in the game if it was run correctly instead of by greedy owners/players etc. You could literally double the money in football and it still be run with no money in the bank.

I've no doubt some city companies are run the same. Maximise greed rather than being paid well but reinvesting in case of hard times.
Gordon Taylor won't be taking a cut to his £2m salary then on 14:59 - Apr 8 with 853 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024