Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furloughed but taking second job 09:09 - Apr 7 with 4853 viewshampstead_blue

Has anyone else who's been furloughed or laid off found a new job?
I've just taken a part-time two month contract. Loads of delivery jobs as well.

Good chance to do something different and actually earn more than my base salary.

Just wondering if anyone has taken up any of the new opportunities?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Furloughed but taking second job on 09:19 - Apr 7 with 3079 viewsMookamoo

Normally freelance, so while a lot of clients are not commissioning anything I'm working as a marshall at our local Tescos.

Good for the money and to be honest its good for me to do something different and get out of the house. Plus Mrs Mookamoo is a NHS mental health practitioner and is on the phone all day to patients so needs the confidentiality.

I am making all those that come in Norwich tops wait longer. Oh the power...
Furloughed but taking second job on 09:23 - Apr 7 with 3052 viewsmonytowbray

Self employed but business as usual my side, alas from home.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Furloughed but taking second job on 09:39 - Apr 7 with 3011 viewshampstead_blue

Furloughed but taking second job on 09:19 - Apr 7 by Mookamoo

Normally freelance, so while a lot of clients are not commissioning anything I'm working as a marshall at our local Tescos.

Good for the money and to be honest its good for me to do something different and get out of the house. Plus Mrs Mookamoo is a NHS mental health practitioner and is on the phone all day to patients so needs the confidentiality.

I am making all those that come in Norwich tops wait longer. Oh the power...

It's a chance to see the world from a new lens as well as be someone else I find.

I'm going to be working as a Universal Credit assessor. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it won't be too dangerous!

Mrs H is furloughed next week so will be on point for childcare. Better than me as I'd just get bored
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 9:40]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Furloughed but taking second job on 09:42 - Apr 7 with 2996 viewsmonytowbray

Furloughed but taking second job on 09:39 - Apr 7 by hampstead_blue

It's a chance to see the world from a new lens as well as be someone else I find.

I'm going to be working as a Universal Credit assessor. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it won't be too dangerous!

Mrs H is furloughed next week so will be on point for childcare. Better than me as I'd just get bored

How much assessing are they doing right now?

Their previous record prior to the pandemic is fairly disgusting.

TWTD never forgets…

Furloughed but taking second job on 10:36 - Apr 7 with 2871 viewswkj

Its a bit of a heartbreaking one here, with the sudden need for remote workplaces, I have never been more busy in my life. Needless to say, I wish it were under more favourable circumstances.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Furloughed but taking second job on 10:45 - Apr 7 with 2850 viewsfooters

Furloughed but taking second job on 10:36 - Apr 7 by wkj

Its a bit of a heartbreaking one here, with the sudden need for remote workplaces, I have never been more busy in my life. Needless to say, I wish it were under more favourable circumstances.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Furloughed but taking second job on 10:48 - Apr 7 with 2843 viewssoupytwist

I've not yet been looking for something but have instead registered for the NHS volunteering thing, and with a couple of locally based volunteering organisations. Hope to be doing something for them soon.

How did you find the short term contract?
Furloughed but taking second job on 10:51 - Apr 7 with 2834 viewsHerbivore

The idea of a dyed in the wool Tory boy undertaking universal credit assessments is somewhat terrifying. Can't you just do delivery driving instead?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Furloughed but taking second job on 11:04 - Apr 7 with 2782 viewsJ2BLUE

Furloughed but taking second job on 10:51 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

The idea of a dyed in the wool Tory boy undertaking universal credit assessments is somewhat terrifying. Can't you just do delivery driving instead?

Agreed. Completely inappropriate job.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Furloughed but taking second job on 11:20 - Apr 7 with 2723 viewshampstead_blue

Furloughed but taking second job on 09:42 - Apr 7 by monytowbray

How much assessing are they doing right now?

Their previous record prior to the pandemic is fairly disgusting.

No idea, but the list of places across the South West is immense. They are hiring massively.

Furloughed but taking second job on 11:23 - Apr 7 with 2711 viewshampstead_blue

Furloughed but taking second job on 10:51 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

I was planning on just accepting those who are wealthy and shredding the rest.

What a vile thing to say. You really ought to flush out your head.

Where is my 'execute' emoji when I need it.

Furloughed but taking second job on 11:46 - Apr 7 with 2640 viewsN2_Blue

Furloughed but taking second job on 11:23 - Apr 7 by hampstead_blue

I was planning on just accepting those who are wealthy and shredding the rest.

What a vile thing to say. You really ought to flush out your head.

Where is my 'execute' emoji when I need it.

Its a point a few will have though i expect, Herbivore is just thick skinned enough to say it i expect. Your views over the last 12 months have been pretty awful and biased in favour of hard right. It's been pointed out by many posters, and notably many respected and reasonable posters.

My heart would sink a little for any person in genuine need being assessed by you. I genuinely hope you do the role asked of your fairly and without any prejudice...but the views you have portrayed across this forum in recent months would i think make many doubt that you will...even if it's subconsciously on your part.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Furloughed but taking second job on 12:29 - Apr 7 with 2549 viewsartsbossbeard

Crivens!

Goebels busy, was he?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Furloughed but taking second job on 12:32 - Apr 7 with 2540 viewshampstead_blue

Furloughed but taking second job on 11:46 - Apr 7 by N2_Blue

Its a point a few will have though i expect, Herbivore is just thick skinned enough to say it i expect. Your views over the last 12 months have been pretty awful and biased in favour of hard right. It's been pointed out by many posters, and notably many respected and reasonable posters.

My heart would sink a little for any person in genuine need being assessed by you. I genuinely hope you do the role asked of your fairly and without any prejudice...but the views you have portrayed across this forum in recent months would i think make many doubt that you will...even if it's subconsciously on your part.

Clearly you've not read my posts.
I'm on the left of the tory party, work for a charity, am developing homes for local residents and veterans at a discount to the market rate, and ran a social enterprise.

You ought to read people's posts before listening to troll like Herbivore.

Once more, trolling has overtaken a genuine post.

What are you doing to support the country during these times?

Furloughed but taking second job on 12:51 - Apr 7 with 2476 viewsmonytowbray

Furloughed but taking second job on 11:20 - Apr 7 by hampstead_blue

No idea, but the list of places across the South West is immense. They are hiring massively.

Hit the “Yes” button all day.

TWTD never forgets…

Furloughed but taking second job on 12:53 - Apr 7 with 2469 viewsHerbivore

Furloughed but taking second job on 12:32 - Apr 7 by hampstead_blue

I'm on the left of the tory party, work for a charity, am developing homes for local residents and veterans at a discount to the market rate, and ran a social enterprise.

I'm not having being called a troll by a Tory bot, fella. I'm not trolling, I don't think you're remotely suited to the role given your politics.

Furloughed but taking second job on 13:10 - Apr 7 with 2422 viewsuefacup81

How have you found it squares with the Job Retention Scheme?

I see that essentially the only bar is obtaining your furloughing employer's permission (if your contract requires it), but have also read that any paid work has to be outside your normal working hours.

The hours stipulation seems a bit odd, as I can't see how they would be able to check/enforce that, but it would be interesting to hear from someone who's gone out and done it.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Furloughed but taking second job on 13:18 - Apr 7 with 2390 viewshampstead_blue

Furloughed but taking second job on 13:10 - Apr 7 by uefacup81

How have you found it squares with the Job Retention Scheme?

I see that essentially the only bar is obtaining your furloughing employer's permission (if your contract requires it), but have also read that any paid work has to be outside your normal working hours.

The hours stipulation seems a bit odd, as I can't see how they would be able to check/enforce that, but it would be interesting to hear from someone who's gone out and done it.

The charity I work for has actively encouraged those on furlough to do something else during that time.

They are really conscious of continuing to support the community hence the encouragement.
Some are on the GoodSam NHS app but a couple of us are going to do this.

We were sent a Gov guideline doc which is rather interesting. It encourages people to take an extra job.

I'm really pleased to be forloughed tbh and looking forward to helping out.

Furloughed but taking second job on 13:20 - Apr 7 with 2382 viewshampstead_blue

Furloughed but taking second job on 12:53 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

I'm not having being called a troll by a Tory bot, fella. I'm not trolling, I don't think you're remotely suited to the role given your politics.

Have some time in the sun. It may warm your cold heart.
You have no idea. Absolutely no idea.

Furloughed but taking second job on 13:24 - Apr 7 with 2353 viewsSpruceMoose

You've missed April Fools Day by a week with this tasteless joke.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 13:24]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Furloughed but taking second job on 13:28 - Apr 7 with 2312 viewsJ2BLUE

Furloughed but taking second job on 13:24 - Apr 7 by SpruceMoose

You've missed April Fools Day by a week with this tasteless joke.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 13:24]

'Hopefully it won't be too dangerous!'

For him it won't be...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Furloughed but taking second job on 13:31 - Apr 7 with 2293 viewsitfcjoe

Furloughed but taking second job on 12:32 - Apr 7 by hampstead_blue

Without getting involved in the job you are doing, it isn't possible to just identify yourself as something 'the left of the Tory party' when there are reams of evidence to suggest that you aren't

That may be where you think you are, or where you want to be - but it really isn't the case. Someone on the left of the Tory party is a swing voting centrist in reality - you have supported nigh on every Tory policy for the last 12 months and at not one point offered any credit to Labour.

I'm a Labour member and am far closer to the left of the Tory party than you

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Furloughed but taking second job on 13:35 - Apr 7 with 2269 viewsPinewoodblue

Furloughed but taking second job on 13:18 - Apr 7 by hampstead_blue

The charity I work for has actively encouraged those on furlough to do something else during that time.

They are really conscious of continuing to support the community hence the encouragement.
Some are on the GoodSam NHS app but a couple of us are going to do this.

We were sent a Gov guideline doc which is rather interesting. It encourages people to take an extra job.

I'm really pleased to be forloughed tbh and looking forward to helping out.

Was under the impression if you took a second job, while furloughed, it should be outside of the hours you would normally work Presumably you pay tax in every £ earned in the second job.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Furloughed but taking second job on 14:01 - Apr 7 with 2202 viewsHerbivore

Furloughed but taking second job on 13:20 - Apr 7 by hampstead_blue

Have some time in the sun. It may warm your cold heart.
You have no idea. Absolutely no idea.

I have a pretty good idea when it comes to you.

Furloughed but taking second job on 14:32 - Apr 7 with 2139 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, hold on, you are on furlough so receiving 80% of your salary from the Government and with your gained time you have taken on paid work from the Government to assess the right of someone without any income to whether they receive benefits?

Have I understood this correctly?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024