Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furloughed but taking second job 09:09 - Apr 7 with 4861 viewshampstead_blue

Has anyone else who's been furloughed or laid off found a new job?
I've just taken a part-time two month contract. Loads of delivery jobs as well.

Good chance to do something different and actually earn more than my base salary.

Just wondering if anyone has taken up any of the new opportunities?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Furloughed but taking second job on 14:40 - Apr 7 with 1400 viewsHerbivore

Furloughed but taking second job on 14:32 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

So, hold on, you are on furlough so receiving 80% of your salary from the Government and with your gained time you have taken on paid work from the Government to assess the right of someone without any income to whether they receive benefits?

Have I understood this correctly?

Tory boy gonna Tory.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Furloughed but taking second job on 14:45 - Apr 7 with 1381 viewsuefacup81

Furloughed but taking second job on 13:35 - Apr 7 by Pinewoodblue

Was under the impression if you took a second job, while furloughed, it should be outside of the hours you would normally work Presumably you pay tax in every £ earned in the second job.

That was my impression too, re hours.

Can that actually be enforced without huge effort though? How can it be checked that the hours I'm working fall outside my usual contracted hours?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Furloughed but taking second job on 14:47 - Apr 7 with 1373 viewshampstead_blue

So, hold on, you are on furlough so receiving 80% of your salary from the Government and with your gained time you have taken on paid work from the Government to assess the right of someone without any income to whether they receive benefits?

Yes.
The charity for which I work is claiming the grant for my salary. It's so they are viable and can maintain supporting beneficiaries.

The Gov are recruiting temps to get the Universal Credit waiting lists down so anyone who is not working or furloughed ought to lean in and support them. The pay is Ok but I'd imagine it's a pretty tricky job so it's well earned.

Are you implying some amount of duplicity?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Furloughed but taking second job on 14:52 - Apr 7 with 1367 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Furloughed but taking second job on 14:47 - Apr 7 by hampstead_blue

Yes.
The charity for which I work is claiming the grant for my salary. It's so they are viable and can maintain supporting beneficiaries.

The Gov are recruiting temps to get the Universal Credit waiting lists down so anyone who is not working or furloughed ought to lean in and support them. The pay is Ok but I'd imagine it's a pretty tricky job so it's well earned.

Are you implying some amount of duplicity?

I am suggesting there may well be clients who you are assessing who could do with the work above you.

I presume there is nothing illegal about it providing your new employer is taxing your earnings correctly above your other earnings. Possibly not exactly moral but nothing illegal. Perhaps you have specific skills that no one in need of the money has. Is it a temporary contract that finishes when your furlough ends or a second job you intend to pursue in conjunction with your original job? Or do you intend to hand your notice in at the first job after you have taken all you can from them?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Furloughed but taking second job on 14:59 - Apr 7 with 1340 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

I thought furloughed was to pay people to stay at home - with enough money to cover basic bills!
And Possibly helping out !
Furloughed but taking second job on 15:00 - Apr 7 with 1333 viewsHerbivore

Furloughed but taking second job on 14:52 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am suggesting there may well be clients who you are assessing who could do with the work above you.

I presume there is nothing illegal about it providing your new employer is taxing your earnings correctly above your other earnings. Possibly not exactly moral but nothing illegal. Perhaps you have specific skills that no one in need of the money has. Is it a temporary contract that finishes when your furlough ends or a second job you intend to pursue in conjunction with your original job? Or do you intend to hand your notice in at the first job after you have taken all you can from them?

He shouldn't be working for anyone else in a paid role during his normal working hours: https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/read-this/these-are-rules-about-work-if-you-h

He's basically taking from the government with both hands at a time when the NHS and millions of people are in far greater need.

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:01 - Apr 7 with 1330 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Furloughed but taking second job on 14:59 - Apr 7 by BtreeBlueBlood

I thought furloughed was to pay people to stay at home - with enough money to cover basic bills!
And Possibly helping out !

Ah, but he is "helping out" by deciding who else does not deserve any money … and getting paid to make that decision.

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:07 - Apr 7 with 1314 viewshampstead_blue

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:00 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

He shouldn't be working for anyone else in a paid role during his normal working hours: https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/read-this/these-are-rules-about-work-if-you-h

He's basically taking from the government with both hands at a time when the NHS and millions of people are in far greater need.

you are funny.
My employer has agreed it and shared a document allowing it.

What it wrong with taking a temporary contract during furlough? It's perfectly legal and approved.
Also it's helping out those who are applying for Universal Credit but can't get it approved due to the backlog.

There are thousands of people working during furlough. Read the papers. In today's Times there are two examples. A pilot and a barman. Both on furlough and both working for pay.

I'll be paying tax and NI and my marginal rate so what is the problem?
Someone also asked if I was taking a job someone else could do? There are so many jobs I would imagine the competition is strong. My CV and skills are ideal so I'm not worried about taking someone else's job, as I'm not.

Also, what if I get made redundant? I'll need a job. So all those throwing stones ought to back off and cool down a bit.

Would you like a link to the adverts? Maybe you want to apply?

Login to get fewer ads

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:08 - Apr 7 with 1313 viewsSpruceMoose

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:01 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ah, but he is "helping out" by deciding who else does not deserve any money … and getting paid to make that decision.

I'm sorry, but given the way Hamstead has portrayed and conducted himself on here the idea that he will be performing this role is not only terrifying but absolutely absurd.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 15:10]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:13 - Apr 7 with 1287 viewsHerbivore

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:07 - Apr 7 by hampstead_blue

you are funny.
My employer has agreed it and shared a document allowing it.

What it wrong with taking a temporary contract during furlough? It's perfectly legal and approved.
Also it's helping out those who are applying for Universal Credit but can't get it approved due to the backlog.

There are thousands of people working during furlough. Read the papers. In today's Times there are two examples. A pilot and a barman. Both on furlough and both working for pay.

I'll be paying tax and NI and my marginal rate so what is the problem?
Someone also asked if I was taking a job someone else could do? There are so many jobs I would imagine the competition is strong. My CV and skills are ideal so I'm not worried about taking someone else's job, as I'm not.

Also, what if I get made redundant? I'll need a job. So all those throwing stones ought to back off and cool down a bit.

Would you like a link to the adverts? Maybe you want to apply?

If you're working in your contracted hours whilst on furlough you shouldn't be getting paid by your regular employer. You're double dipping into the government's pocket. Not cool.

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:14 - Apr 7 with 1276 viewshampstead_blue

This is from the legal advice from Charles Russell Speachly.

What furloughed workers can and cannot do
Furloughed workers can:
- Take part in volunteer work.
- Undertake training and should be encouraged to do so.
- Continue working in a second job they already have.
- If their employment contract permits, take on a new job, provided they are able to return to the employer as soon as furlough ends and also to participate in any training needs of the original employer.
Furloughed workers cannot:
- Do any work which provides services or generates income for the organisation which has furloughed them.

My bosses have encouraged us all to get another job is we want to. Nothing wrong there.

Seems like a few are looking for reasons to pick holes.

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:15 - Apr 7 with 1269 viewsHerbivore

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:01 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Whilst the government continues to pay him 80% of his salary. Aside from my concerns about Hammers being I this kind of role, something doesn't sit right about him sucking from both government teets when he shouldn't be working during his regular working hours. His regular employer shouldn't be getting government money to pay him his 80% if he's got other work that's paying him during this time.

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:33 - Apr 7 with 1218 viewslongtimefan

I think I'd probably put more trust in the CIPD than a Newspaper

taken from their Coronavirus furlough guide:
https://www.cipd.co.uk/knowledge/fundamentals/emp-law/employees/furlough

Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme

If furloughed employees work for another employer during the hours they would normally be working for the employer who has furloughed them, there is no government guidance but it does seem that the payments by HMRC will be paid even if the employee picks up other work. The government details only prevent the employee from doing any work for the employer that has furloughed them.
Furloughed but taking second job on 15:48 - Apr 7 with 1186 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:33 - Apr 7 by longtimefan

If furloughed employees work for another employer during the hours they would normally be working for the employer who has furloughed them, there is no government guidance but it does seem that the payments by HMRC will be paid even if the employee picks up other work. The government details only prevent the employee from doing any work for the employer that has furloughed them.

So, as I said, legal but not necessarily moral.

If he is really doing it for the good of those stuck waiting for a Universal Benefit decision and no other reason, I am sure he will donate all the earnings above tax to some worthy cause such as the Air Ambulance.

I am quite sure he isn't simply trying to suck from both teats of the Government, after all.

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:52 - Apr 7 with 1180 viewsPinewoodblue

You do, from time to time, make some valid points but they are often missed due to the way you communicate.

When you are furloughed your employer pays you as before but receives a payment from the Government. No money goes directly from government to anyone furloughed,

The payment received for his second job is money earned. If Hempstead is working on his second job in the hours he would have worked had he not been furloughed then my understanding is he shouldn’t be doing it,

On the other hand if people are receiving Universal Credit Because of the efforts of Hampstead? Blue why are you complaining?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Furloughed but taking second job on 16:01 - Apr 7 with 1168 viewseireblue

Furloughed but taking second job on 11:23 - Apr 7 by hampstead_blue

I was planning on just accepting those who are wealthy and shredding the rest.

What a vile thing to say. You really ought to flush out your head.

Where is my 'execute' emoji when I need it.

You will get execute emojis when you start the UC assessment job.
Furloughed but taking second job on 17:09 - Apr 7 with 1105 viewsHerbivore

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:33 - Apr 7 by longtimefan

It seems initial advice was that they couldn't work intbjror usual contracted hours but I read that guidance given on the 4th of April stated that this could be done with the employer's consent, so legally no issue it seems. I imagine given the circumstances they've loosened up what can and can't be done when on furlough.

Furloughed but taking second job on 18:04 - Apr 7 with 1059 viewshampstead_blue

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:48 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

So, as I said, legal but not necessarily moral.

If he is really doing it for the good of those stuck waiting for a Universal Benefit decision and no other reason, I am sure he will donate all the earnings above tax to some worthy cause such as the Air Ambulance.

I am quite sure he isn't simply trying to suck from both teats of the Government, after all.

I'm working part-time to make-up the my loss in income.

There is no moral hazard involved. I could do something easier but chose this as it's for the good of those in great need.

Some still will take it the wrong way. Frankly I don't care about their views. I'm showing others who want to do something worthwhile that you can and earn a decent enough wage for the job.

Furloughed but taking second job on 18:08 - Apr 7 with 1058 viewsLeaky

I may be wrong, I think if you are being paid to be on furlough you cannot do paid work.
Furloughed but taking second job on 18:16 - Apr 7 with 1046 viewshampstead_blue

Furloughed but taking second job on 15:52 - Apr 7 by Pinewoodblue

You do, from time to time, make some valid points but they are often missed due to the way you communicate.

When you are furloughed your employer pays you as before but receives a payment from the Government. No money goes directly from government to anyone furloughed,

The payment received for his second job is money earned. If Hempstead is working on his second job in the hours he would have worked had he not been furloughed then my understanding is he shouldn’t be doing it,

On the other hand if people are receiving Universal Credit Because of the efforts of Hampstead? Blue why are you complaining?

Thank-you.
Some common sense.

Here is the link which was shared at work.

https://www.charlesrussellspeechlys.com/en/news-and-insights/insights/employment

Once more, I ask those who've slammed me...what are you doing to support those in need?
I also should add that I'm on the GoodSam app and will be making myself available for taskings when I am not working.

Please share us your amazing work. Be proud of your efforts. Don't hide them.
I wanted to encourage people with this thread but some have gladly turned into a political and mud slinging fest also doubting my ethics.

Furloughed but taking second job on 18:21 - Apr 7 with 1036 viewsHerbivore

Furloughed but taking second job on 18:16 - Apr 7 by hampstead_blue

Thank-you.
Some common sense.

https://www.charlesrussellspeechlys.com/en/news-and-insights/insights/employment

Once more, I ask those who've slammed me...what are you doing to support those in need?
I also should add that I'm on the GoodSam app and will be making myself available for taskings when I am not working.

I wanted to encourage people with this thread but some have gladly turned into a political and mud slinging fest also doubting my ethics.

We don't all crave attention on online forums, mate.

Furloughed but taking second job on 18:23 - Apr 7 with 1033 viewsLeaky

Furloughed but taking second job on 18:16 - Apr 7 by hampstead_blue

Thank-you.
Some common sense.

I am not slamming you, I am a co director of our own company. My son is also a co director, he is one of the 1.5m who have been told to self isolate for 12 weeks. We took a decision to furlough him on that basis, on advice from our accountant.
Furloughed but taking second job on 19:10 - Apr 7 with 1011 viewshampstead_blue

Furloughed but taking second job on 18:21 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

We don't all crave attention on online forums, mate.

I'm not.
You however throw insults without backing it up with your own experience or anything.

If you can't back up your vile trolling then zip it......

Furloughed but taking second job on 19:31 - Apr 7 with 990 viewsHerbivore

Furloughed but taking second job on 19:10 - Apr 7 by hampstead_blue

I'm not.
You however throw insults without backing it up with your own experience or anything.

If you can't back up your vile trolling then zip it......

I don't think you understand what trolling is. There is a reason - many in fact - that I and others perceive you the way we do.

Furloughed but taking second job on 22:34 - Apr 7 with 927 viewsflimflam

Same as it ever was.

The world is going to hell in a handcart and the usual suspect are out in their pack looking to win internet points.

Give your heads a wobble.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024