Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich 10:48 - Apr 7 with 3375 viewshatch

Hadn't seen this until today

Apologies if a repost. This was a time when the Blades/Town rivalry was pretty fiery.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 10:48]
Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 10:52 - Apr 7 with 2967 viewssparks

Should have been sent to the stands and banned for three games.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 11:03 - Apr 7 with 2912 viewsHerbivore

And to think people actually want Colin to be our manager. Can't stand the massive prick.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 11:23 - Apr 7 with 2875 viewsVaughan8

Wow. Just proves how much stick these officials get.

Did he sent a sub out to warm up just to have a go at him as well? haha
Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 11:40 - Apr 7 with 2837 viewsRadlett_blue

When Warnock's Notts County were in a Wembley play off final (which they won) David Elleray was 4th official. After Warnock spent the first 10 minutes constantly ranting at him over every trivial decision, Elleray called over the ref, who threatened to send Warnock to the stands if he didn't shut up.
Warnock shut up.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 12:35 - Apr 7 with 2745 viewsBlueBadger

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 11:03 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

And to think people actually want Colin to be our manager. Can't stand the massive prick.

As I've said before, he is Mick minus Mick's class and basic human decency. I genuinely don't understand why so many people(particularly those who HATED Mick) are clamouring for him.

It's like all those people who were desperate for Ronnie Moore to take over after Burley and Royle.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 13:13]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 13:12 - Apr 7 with 2664 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 12:35 - Apr 7 by BlueBadger

As I've said before, he is Mick minus Mick's class and basic human decency. I genuinely don't understand why so many people(particularly those who HATED Mick) are clamouring for him.

It's like all those people who were desperate for Ronnie Moore to take over after Burley and Royle.

Pretty much spot on that.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 13:18 - Apr 7 with 2639 viewsIllinoisblue

Warnock’s a winner. Why on earth would we want him here?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 13:22 - Apr 7 with 2630 viewsBlueBadger

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 13:18 - Apr 7 by Illinoisblue

I didn't think we wanted exponents of 'functional football' running the first team at ITFC....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 13:28 - Apr 7 with 2612 viewsEwan_Oozami

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 13:22 - Apr 7 by BlueBadger

I didn't think we wanted exponents of 'functional football' running the first team at ITFC....

"Form follows function"

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 13:44 - Apr 7 with 2572 viewsfactual_blue

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 13:22 - Apr 7 by BlueBadger

Or brexiteers like Colin.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 14:32 - Apr 7 with 2525 viewsHerbivore

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 13:18 - Apr 7 by Illinoisblue

Like most managers he's a winner until he's not, ask Cardiff for example.

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 14:51 - Apr 7 with 2503 viewsSteve_M

We totally outplayed them in that game, can't remember any bad decisions going our way. He's just coming across here like the most one-eyed fan.

Now the 4-1 win at Palace under Magilton when Miller (I think) fouled a Palace player in the are and got away with it he might have had a point. Was funny watching him rant that day.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 15:18 - Apr 7 with 2458 viewsIllinoisblue

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 14:32 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

He’s not 100% successful? Well, fook him.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 15:23 - Apr 7 with 2444 viewsHerbivore

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 15:18 - Apr 7 by Illinoisblue

He’s not 100% successful? Well, fook him.

It's about as trite a point as saying he's a winner.

Warnock on 16:06 - Apr 7 with 2394 viewsRadlett_blue

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 14:32 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

Warnock's record in the 2nd tier & below is excellent. 8 promotions & generally an above average winning record, despite having spent most of his career at clubs that haven't exactly been flush with cash.
There have always been 2 sides to his character - the avuncular, amusing, reasonable guy you see when he's calmed down after a game & the whirling dervish during games. I guess he still loves the adrenaline rush that a game brings or why else would he keep managing into his 70s.
Far too late for him to manage Town, but I'd have taken him ahead of Jewell or Lambert at the time they were appointed.

Warnock on 16:11 - Apr 7 with 2387 viewsBlueBadger

Warnock on 16:06 - Apr 7 by Radlett_blue

Warnock's record in the 2nd tier & below is excellent. 8 promotions & generally an above average winning record, despite having spent most of his career at clubs that haven't exactly been flush with cash.
There have always been 2 sides to his character - the avuncular, amusing, reasonable guy you see when he's calmed down after a game & the whirling dervish during games. I guess he still loves the adrenaline rush that a game brings or why else would he keep managing into his 70s.
Far too late for him to manage Town, but I'd have taken him ahead of Jewell or Lambert at the time they were appointed.

Let's face it, There's a strong argument for saying that Roy Keane would have been an upgrade on either of those two.

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 10:00 - Apr 8 with 2110 viewsr2d2

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 13:44 - Apr 7 by factual_blue

Or brexiteers like Colin.....

FFS. Give it a rest man.
Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 17:52 - Apr 8 with 2037 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 15:23 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

It's about as trite a point as saying he's a winner.

Your both right.

Mick was a winner like Colin. (ok he drew a few haha). But they are as similar as i can think of (As above said Warnock is Mick without class or human decency). Warnock did show some after Sala though.

Herbivore i was going to say Lambert was a winner but i thought better (consider that my olive branch!).

Warnock on 17:53 - Apr 8 with 2036 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Warnock on 16:11 - Apr 7 by BlueBadger

Let's face it, There's a strong argument for saying that Roy Keane would have been an upgrade on either of those two.

Now then! haha. Don't tarnish your spot on post!

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 17:56 - Apr 8 with 2036 viewsPhilTWTD

I have to say in my experience Warnock is very friendly, polite and courteous with us media types, very different to MM and certainly miles away from his Sheffield United touchline antics. From a working perspective I'd be happy with him as our boss at some point, even if I don't think it will ever happen now.

My mate who is a Blade always said Warnock was like a fan in the dugout, which he was, of course, and that it had pluses and minuses. I think he has probably mellowed somewhat now as well.
Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 18:09 - Apr 8 with 2024 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 17:56 - Apr 8 by PhilTWTD

I have to say in my experience Warnock is very friendly, polite and courteous with us media types, very different to MM and certainly miles away from his Sheffield United touchline antics. From a working perspective I'd be happy with him as our boss at some point, even if I don't think it will ever happen now.

My mate who is a Blade always said Warnock was like a fan in the dugout, which he was, of course, and that it had pluses and minuses. I think he has probably mellowed somewhat now as well.

Same could be said of Joey Barton though. A quick youtube of his team talks shows a very different man.

That is interesting to hear that side Phil thanks. I thought his response after sala was first class and it genuinely effected him. I think he probably has changed a bit and he's probably someone who channels anger/aggression very well (unlike say Keane).

It doesn't make sense to go for him after Mick though. It will meltdown eventually. Do we just want quick fix and then a big issue again?

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 18:50 - Apr 8 with 2000 viewsPhilTWTD

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 18:09 - Apr 8 by Terry_Nutkins

Same could be said of Joey Barton though. A quick youtube of his team talks shows a very different man.

That is interesting to hear that side Phil thanks. I thought his response after sala was first class and it genuinely effected him. I think he probably has changed a bit and he's probably someone who channels anger/aggression very well (unlike say Keane).

It doesn't make sense to go for him after Mick though. It will meltdown eventually. Do we just want quick fix and then a big issue again?

Agree re the Barton comparison. I wouldn't be upset to see him come here if and when there's a change here. And think that's exactly it re Warnock. There is a long-term plan and having a short-term manager doesn't fit into it. If PL had been sacked now or maybe a few games ago then NW might have been viewed as a firefighter to come in and get us into the play-offs. However, I think that moment has passed and I don't think the scenario was ever seriously considered.
Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 21:59 - Apr 8 with 1926 viewsRadlett_blue

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 18:50 - Apr 8 by PhilTWTD

Agree re the Barton comparison. I wouldn't be upset to see him come here if and when there's a change here. And think that's exactly it re Warnock. There is a long-term plan and having a short-term manager doesn't fit into it. If PL had been sacked now or maybe a few games ago then NW might have been viewed as a firefighter to come in and get us into the play-offs. However, I think that moment has passed and I don't think the scenario was ever seriously considered.

I'd be happy with sticking with Lambert if there was some evidence of a long term plan & pattern of play. I am seeing little of that - am I missing something?

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 22:03 - Apr 8 with 1918 viewsPhilTWTD

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 21:59 - Apr 8 by Radlett_blue

I'd be happy with sticking with Lambert if there was some evidence of a long term plan & pattern of play. I am seeing little of that - am I missing something?

Not sure the plan to play in a particular style is the issue with PL, more it not bringing results. But I was meaning ME's long-term plan rather than the manager's.
Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 22:15 - Apr 8 with 1905 viewsRadlett_blue

Warnock v Joe Royle's Ipswich on 22:03 - Apr 8 by PhilTWTD

Not sure the plan to play in a particular style is the issue with PL, more it not bringing results. But I was meaning ME's long-term plan rather than the manager's.

If you really think ME has a long term plan, beyond minimising his losses from owning ITFC, I would love to hear it.
Yes, we all want results, but if the results are poor & there is no plan, it's hard to see how they might improve. Even when GB's sides had poor spells, you could see what he was trying to get the team to do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024