Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland furlough first team players 13:42 - Apr 7 with 3183 viewsPinewoodblue

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2020/april/players-and-backroom-staff-placed

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sunderland furlough first team players on 13:47 - Apr 7 with 2887 viewsRadlett_blue

A furlough with no wage reduction? What is the purpose of that? Are they expecting the government to pay part of the players' wages & the club will make up the balance?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sunderland furlough first team players on 13:50 - Apr 7 with 2869 viewshoppy

Sunderland furlough first team players on 13:47 - Apr 7 by Radlett_blue

A furlough with no wage reduction? What is the purpose of that? Are they expecting the government to pay part of the players' wages & the club will make up the balance?

I expect that's exactly the plan.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Sunderland furlough first team players on 13:52 - Apr 7 with 2851 viewsPinewoodblue

Sunderland furlough first team players on 13:50 - Apr 7 by hoppy

Paying players in full but claiming a handout from tax payers.

2023 year of destiny

One of my ambitions in life..... on 14:16 - Apr 7 with 2778 viewsBloots

….has always been to have the opportunity to help pay some of Kyle Lafferty's wages.

It's nice that we have the opportunity to help these people.

What a time to be alive.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

One of my ambitions in life..... on 14:25 - Apr 7 with 2745 viewsSwailsey

One of my ambitions in life..... on 14:16 - Apr 7 by Bloots

….has always been to have the opportunity to help pay some of Kyle Lafferty's wages.

What a time to be alive.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Sunderland furlough first team players on 15:04 - Apr 7 with 2647 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

I thought it's only upto 25K Per Year and your employer can't pay the balance? That's what i was told when i said I'd happily take 80% for sitting at home to do nothing.

Poll: How would you kill a budgie?

Sunderland furlough first team players on 15:15 - Apr 7 with 2620 viewshoppy

Sunderland furlough first team players on 15:04 - Apr 7 by I_LOVE_GOLLOB

I thought it's only upto 25K Per Year and your employer can't pay the balance? That's what i was told when i said I'd happily take 80% for sitting at home to do nothing.

Isn't it up to £2,500 a month would be covered by the government - but I thought the employer could top that up so that the employee doesn't lose out?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Sunderland furlough first team players on 15:37 - Apr 7 with 2578 viewstractorboy1978

Sunderland furlough first team players on 15:15 - Apr 7 by hoppy

Isn't it up to £2,500 a month would be covered by the government - but I thought the employer could top that up so that the employee doesn't lose out?

Yes, correct!
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland furlough first team players on 16:30 - Apr 7 with 2469 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

Sunderland furlough first team players on 15:37 - Apr 7 by tractorboy1978

Yes, correct!

All a bit strange as i've been and checked it out with our Finance Director, he's told me it's definitely 80% of 2,500 per month and can't be topped up by your employer.
Anybody knows different let me know as i'd quite happily sit at home doing nothing for 80%

Sunderland furlough first team players on 16:48 - Apr 7 with 2432 viewsGeoffSentence

Sunderland furlough first team players on 16:30 - Apr 7 by I_LOVE_GOLLOB

All a bit strange as i've been and checked it out with our Finance Director, he's told me it's definitely 80% of 2,500 per month and can't be topped up by your employer.
Anybody knows different let me know as i'd quite happily sit at home doing nothing for 80%

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wage-costs-through-the-coronavirus-job-ret

"You can choose to top up your employee’s salary, but you do not have to. Employees must not work or provide any services for the business while furloughed, even if they receive a top-up salary."

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sunderland furlough first team players on 16:49 - Apr 7 with 2426 viewsportmanking

Your Finance Director needs putting straight then!

It's 80% UP TO £2,500 per month and the remaining 20% CAN be topped up by your employer, but this is an optional decision for each business.
Sunderland furlough first team players on 16:50 - Apr 7 with 2415 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

Sunderland furlough first team players on 16:49 - Apr 7 by portmanking

Your Finance Director needs putting straight then!

It's 80% UP TO £2,500 per month and the remaining 20% CAN be topped up by your employer, but this is an optional decision for each business.

Thanks for clarifying!

Sunderland furlough first team players on 18:04 - Apr 7 with 2329 viewsLeaky

My accountant told basically the same, although I think its £2500 a month maximum payment. I was also advised as a company director if I claim I'm not allowed to do even paperwork.
Sunderland furlough first team players on 18:29 - Apr 7 with 2296 viewsPinewoodblue

Sunderland furlough first team players on 18:04 - Apr 7 by Leaky

My accountant told basically the same, although I think its £2500 a month maximum payment. I was also advised as a company director if I claim I'm not allowed to do even paperwork.

Not discuss with clients, business associates etc anything todo with the business.

2023 year of destiny

Sunderland furlough first team players on 18:39 - Apr 7 with 2288 viewsArnieM

So Sunderland applying for this for players as well as backroom staff, makes me think Sunderland AFC may soon be going to the wall. First of many Clubs I fear.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sunderland furlough first team players on 18:45 - Apr 7 with 2279 viewstractorboy1978

Sunderland furlough first team players on 18:39 - Apr 7 by ArnieM

So Sunderland applying for this for players as well as backroom staff, makes me think Sunderland AFC may soon be going to the wall. First of many Clubs I fear.

I'd say it's more a case of Donald cutting costs because he is in the process of selling up.
Sunderland furlough first team players on 18:53 - Apr 7 with 2261 viewsPinewoodblue

Sunderland furlough first team players on 18:39 - Apr 7 by ArnieM

I don’t think professional football clubs can actually furlough players. They presumably issue instructions on maintaining fitness levels so players. In effect are working from home.

2023 year of destiny

Sunderland furlough first team players on 18:57 - Apr 7 with 2249 viewsRadlett_blue

Sunderland furlough first team players on 18:53 - Apr 7 by Pinewoodblue

I don’t think professional football clubs can actually furlough players. They presumably issue instructions on maintaining fitness levels so players. In effect are working from home.

Given that players are under a fixed term contract to the club, I guess the club would be in breach of that if it furloughed them, unless they were going to hope that the taxpayer paid some of their wages & the club paid the balance.
In Sunderland's case, first-team and academy players and backroom staff are included, while they say they will continue to pay staff in full.
The club also says no reduction or deferral of salaries will be sought at this time.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sunderland furlough first team players on 19:02 - Apr 7 with 2226 viewsLeaky

Sunderland furlough first team players on 18:29 - Apr 7 by Pinewoodblue

Not discuss with clients, business associates etc anything todo with the business.

Don't even know if can answerer the phone
Sunderland furlough first team players on 19:51 - Apr 7 with 2142 viewsWD19

Learning and Training are also allowed - so long as there is no direct financial benefit to the company.

....but getting sportsman to spend their time doing L&D is presumably stretching the spirit of the scheme.....
Sunderland furlough first team players on 20:59 - Apr 7 with 2070 viewsElderGrizzly

Having watched the documentary, i’m sure that is 100% the plan.
Sunderland furlough first team players on 21:02 - Apr 7 with 2065 viewsArnieM

This is what Sunderland have announced...

" Sunderland AFC can today confirm that its first-team players, contracted academy players and backroom staff have recently been placed on furlough leave due to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic."

Id say this mean Sunderland are in deep do doos financially ( but then we knew this anyway didn't we?)

Sunderland furlough first team players on 06:59 - Apr 8 with 1919 viewspeterleeblue

Sunderland furlough first team players on 21:02 - Apr 7 by ArnieM

This is what Sunderland have announced...

" Sunderland AFC can today confirm that its first-team players, contracted academy players and backroom staff have recently been placed on furlough leave due to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic."

Id say this mean Sunderland are in deep do doos financially ( but then we knew this anyway didn't we?)

Sunderland are basically debt free.

Furlough is simply a short term measure to off set short term losses to sustain the current debt free position and keep the club attractive for the next owner which is imminent, I believe.
Sunderland furlough first team players on 08:04 - Apr 8 with 1859 viewsArnieM

Sunderland furlough first team players on 06:59 - Apr 8 by peterleeblue

Sunderland are basically debt free.

Furlough is simply a short term measure to off set short term losses to sustain the current debt free position and keep the club attractive for the next owner which is imminent, I believe.

Debt free ??!! Blimey when did that happen and who paid it off ? It wasn’t that long ago they’re was a national article on the financial disarray at the former PL Club .

Edit: ah, I see how they’ve done it . They’ve secured a loan from an US Company, ( FPP) which if they default on payments will place the Club into their hands . Out of the frying pan into the fire it seems .

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/14/sunderland-chairman-9m-loan-ste
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 8:10]

One of my ambitions in life..... on 08:51 - Apr 8 with 1802 viewsITFC_Forever

One of my ambitions in life..... on 14:16 - Apr 7 by Bloots

What a time to be alive.

It wasn't long ago that some morons were advocating ITFC sign him.

So that ambition was nearly achieved much earlier than now.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024