Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. 15:53 - Apr 7 with 1397 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.space.com/super-pink-full-moon-2020-teach-your-kids.html?fbclid=IwAR
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 16:58]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TWTD Space Nerds - Pink Moon tonight. on 15:54 - Apr 7 with 1384 viewsKeno

is this linked to the story about the gay Israeli guy?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TWTD Space Nerds - Pink Moon tonight. on 16:03 - Apr 7 with 1369 viewsBlueBadger

TWTD Space Nerds - Pink Moon tonight. on 15:54 - Apr 7 by Keno

Well, I understand it's on it's way.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TWTD Space Nerds - Pink Moon tonight. on 16:16 - Apr 7 with 1354 viewsfactual_blue

TWTD Space Nerds - Pink Moon tonight. on 15:54 - Apr 7 by Keno

This post may be.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TWTD Space Nerds - Pink Moon tonight. on 16:28 - Apr 7 with 1328 viewsStokieBlue

Yep, will have a gander through the dobsonian.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 21:50 - Apr 7 with 1220 viewsStokieBlue

Best I could manage with my mobile and a 130mm dobsonian:

Original if you want to try and spot any aliens or moonbases:

https://ibb.co/NZb17qc

SB

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 22:08 - Apr 7 with 1199 viewsRyorry

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 21:50 - Apr 7 by StokieBlue

SB

Oooh I say, that's the biggest one I've ever seen! (in best Kenneth Williams voice).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 22:16 - Apr 7 with 1192 viewsstonojnr

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 21:50 - Apr 7 by StokieBlue

SB

need to correct for the telescope optics, as its upside down.
TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 22:19 - Apr 7 with 1193 viewsStokieBlue

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 22:16 - Apr 7 by stonojnr

Indeed, however it's a quick photo with the mobile held up to the eyepiece :).

Feel free to invert if you like!

I believe you have a much better setup and better viewing conditions - did you capture anything good?

SB

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 07:42 - Apr 8 with 1113 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

SB

All roads lead to the south pole....is that where their Rome equivalent is?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 07:57 - Apr 8 with 1106 viewsbluelagos

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 22:16 - Apr 7 by stonojnr

Yeah, I spotted that too.

Maybe.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 10:27 - Apr 8 with 1085 viewsstonojnr

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 22:19 - Apr 7 by StokieBlue

Indeed, however it's a quick photo with the mobile held up to the eyepiece :).

Feel free to invert if you like!

I believe you have a much better setup and better viewing conditions - did you capture anything good?

SB

It's a great picture,dont get me wrong,any shot of the moon is never quite as easy as it looks to take & Ive never managed to get those eyepiece/phone setups to work properly

But I dont have a telescope,just a digital camera and have to play around with manual settings to get it,so it's always probably at least 10% off the ideal settings and I dont bother photoshop correcting.

And it might have been clear,up till later in the evening but there was a lot of thin hazy cloud around which the moon reflected light blurred alot, wasnt ideal imo

So those are the excuses in:) this is one I took

[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 10:28]
TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 13:01 - Apr 8 with 1050 viewsRyorry

Did anyone else see an unusual variety of "faces" on it last night? At different times I saw grinning, smiling, thoughtful etc - presumably because the mountains & shadowing were more visible than usual.

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 18:44 - Apr 8 with 1029 viewsBrixtonBlue

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 13:01 - Apr 8 by Ryorry

Did anyone else see an unusual variety of "faces" on it last night? At different times I saw grinning, smiling, thoughtful etc - presumably because the mountains & shadowing were more visible than usual.

Had you had a little nighttime brandy or two?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 19:59 - Apr 8 with 1025 viewsRyorry

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 18:44 - Apr 8 by BrixtonBlue

Err, no, I'm a sadly teetotal (allergies).

What I meant was that whilst the "man in the moon" usually only presents one fixed "face", there was far more shading & detail visible in last night's "Pink Moon", meaning that several interpretations of how the face looked were possible.

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 21:22 - Apr 8 with 1009 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 18:44 - Apr 8 by BrixtonBlue

Everybody knows that Ryorry dries her shrooms ready for super moons.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 21:59 - Apr 8 with 999 viewsRyorry

TWTD Space Nerds - Supermassive Pink Moon tonight. on 21:22 - Apr 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Everybody knows that Ryorry dries her shrooms ready for super moons.

Mmm, not allergic to shrooms - well apart from the ones that kill everybody, obvs ;)

Just seen it's out again, so I'm off for a bit more mooning now

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024