Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Westover 06:17 - Apr 8 with 775 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Decided to get back into Greyhound ownership! Did plenty of responsible things with alot of my Cheltenham festival winnings but was also going to spend a couple of grand of it on a holiday but the Coronavirus has meant my plans have changed with that.

Instead, I’ve now bought part-ownership of a brother and sister out of Derby winner Dorotas Wildcat and the highly promising stayer Bubbly Firebird. The bitch was one I followed before her injury two and a bit years ago and if they’d have managed to step her up in trip to the marathon races, she’d have absolutely cleaned up around the country in those one off marathon opens. Must’ve been terribly frustrating for connections for her to go lame and being forced into retirement with her. Obviously the Wildcat needs no introduction. Superstar with searing early and middle pace. If I get lucky, with the breeding being as good as it is, I could have at least one of these be open race quality.

They cost a whole bit more than my first greyhound I spoke about on here Gable El Toro and are bred to be much much better than him. Cowdog got up to A3 grade at his peak which isn’t useless either to be fair to the boy. I no longer own any of GET as there was a falling out between trainer and the syndicate leader (I’m no longer apart of that syndicate anyway) but my dog was good fun for a first greyhound. Gave me a great betting opportunity once which I messaged a few on here (J2 for one) when we expected him to win at 3/1 to which he obliged. As I say, good fun.

As for my two young pups, they’re only three months old so won’t be running for a year ish yet. Whenever the restrictions on the virus are lifted, they’re coming over from Ireland at the first opportunity. Paul Young will train them both and they are to be called Young Wildcat and Young Firebird. They’ll obviously start off at Romford and (fingers crossed) progress from there if good enough to be open standard.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

FAO Westover on 07:31 - Apr 8 with 712 viewsWestover

Hi Rommy, I like the breeding the Dam of Firebird Tullovin fire is throwing nothing but winners and plenty of open class, she has an October litter of 11 to Good News only one has run so far but has one win from three races.
The only thing about breeding with a staying bitch is you might not see the best of them until they are two years old and can be put over the longer trips, saying that I remember many many years ago when I never missed a Romford meeting there was a dog and bitch same litter, the dog was 80lbs just got 400yds the bitch about 52lbs needed 1000 yds both were open class, so you never know.

El toro did ok for you I see he is still running, a win is a win whatever grade when you own them it's a great feeling, I moved to Portugal in December so I'm not so involved but my friends in Ireland have a few dogs so I have a bet now and again and watch it live through the barking buzz app.

I wish you well with the pups I'm sure you will keep us all informed.
FAO Westover on 17:35 - Apr 8 with 600 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

FAO Westover on 07:31 - Apr 8 by Westover

Hi Rommy, I like the breeding the Dam of Firebird Tullovin fire is throwing nothing but winners and plenty of open class, she has an October litter of 11 to Good News only one has run so far but has one win from three races.
The only thing about breeding with a staying bitch is you might not see the best of them until they are two years old and can be put over the longer trips, saying that I remember many many years ago when I never missed a Romford meeting there was a dog and bitch same litter, the dog was 80lbs just got 400yds the bitch about 52lbs needed 1000 yds both were open class, so you never know.

El toro did ok for you I see he is still running, a win is a win whatever grade when you own them it's a great feeling, I moved to Portugal in December so I'm not so involved but my friends in Ireland have a few dogs so I have a bet now and again and watch it live through the barking buzz app.

I wish you well with the pups I'm sure you will keep us all informed.

Thanks bud. Good luck in Portugal.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024