Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... 09:08 - Apr 8 with 1872 viewsmonytowbray

...late last year, myself and my childhood mate Roach Ruiz decided we should have a crack at a retro gaming podcast.

After a few months of procrastination and planning, we’ve finally got round to recording Ep. 01 on Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the N64.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0w5kBM0k6aZ7n6MpC0ORyR

Go give it a listen. Shares and feedback greatly appreciated as we have no idea WTF we’re doing for the most part.

Cheers.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:13 - Apr 8 with 1820 viewsNewcyBlue

I’m playing OOT at the moment.

I’ve got a 3DS with it on and it’s magnificent.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:14 - Apr 8 with 1809 viewsmonytowbray

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:13 - Apr 8 by NewcyBlue

I’m playing OOT at the moment.

I’ve got a 3DS with it on and it’s magnificent.

So good. You may get some tips from that then!

TWTD never forgets…

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:17 - Apr 8 with 1799 viewsEdwardStone

Uppie for having a mate called Roach Ruiz

Not a clue about the retro gaming, but your mate has got a seriously Rock Star name
Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:17 - Apr 8 with 1801 viewsitfcjoe

Retro gaming not really my thing, but I did enjoy this game so may give it a listen

Best of luck with the podcast though, I really enjoy doing Blue Monday and would like to do something on my own at some point - but realistically would only be about ITFC so not much point!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:36 - Apr 8 with 1731 viewsmonytowbray

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:17 - Apr 8 by itfcjoe

Retro gaming not really my thing, but I did enjoy this game so may give it a listen

Best of luck with the podcast though, I really enjoy doing Blue Monday and would like to do something on my own at some point - but realistically would only be about ITFC so not much point!

You may get along with it, it's not too nerdy, mostly from a memory perspective.

TWTD never forgets…

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:36 - Apr 8 with 1729 viewsmonytowbray

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:17 - Apr 8 by EdwardStone

Not a clue about the retro gaming, but your mate has got a seriously Rock Star name

It's his nickname sadly!

TWTD never forgets…

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:41 - Apr 8 with 1711 viewshampstead_blue

'the first time I met you we decided to have a fight'......

It's 100 minutes so I doubt I'll get it finished as I've never been one for computer games. How old are you? Late 20's?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:48 - Apr 8 with 1686 viewsmonytowbray

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:41 - Apr 8 by hampstead_blue

'the first time I met you we decided to have a fight'......

It's 100 minutes so I doubt I'll get it finished as I've never been one for computer games. How old are you? Late 20's?

I'm 32. I was 6 when I met my mate in the school playground though!

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 10:04 - Apr 8 with 1658 viewshampstead_blue

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:48 - Apr 8 by monytowbray

I'm 32. I was 6 when I met my mate in the school playground though!

first time I met my best mate in the Army he headbutted me and we had a right scrap.
Problem was we were on guard duty so both had loaded weapons....a few sideways glances that day.
After that, besties.

I love the idea of home made podcasts. You can be so random, let free thoughts and nobody need ever listen to it, or someone hears it and you might make them laugh.

Keep it going sounds like you're having a lot of fun...great stuff.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 10:09 - Apr 8 with 1639 viewsHerbivore

I wonder why someone might get the nickname Roach?

Best of luck with it, buddy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 10:36 - Apr 8 with 1579 viewsGeoffSentence

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 10:09 - Apr 8 by Herbivore

I wonder why someone might get the nickname Roach?

Best of luck with it, buddy.

Keen angler?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 10:37 - Apr 8 with 1576 viewsEdwardStone

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:36 - Apr 8 by monytowbray

It's his nickname sadly!

Oh!! shame

I imagined his parents were stoner hippie types

Or maybe cockroaches
Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 10:39 - Apr 8 with 1568 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:17 - Apr 8 by EdwardStone

Either that or he should be Cheech Marin's supplier.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 10:40 - Apr 8 with 1558 viewsHerbivore

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 10:36 - Apr 8 by GeoffSentence

Keen angler?

Big fan of nu-metal band Papa Roach?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 11:58 - Apr 8 with 1463 viewsNewcyBlue

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 09:14 - Apr 8 by monytowbray

So good. You may get some tips from that then!

Playing it again after all these years is a good trip down memory lane.

Goldeneye was a classic too. There were some fabulously ridiculous WWF wrestling games on the N64 too.

We’ve got a Wii gathering dust. I might have to see if I can get these on that!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 13:04 - Apr 8 with 1399 viewsmonytowbray

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 11:58 - Apr 8 by NewcyBlue

Playing it again after all these years is a good trip down memory lane.

Goldeneye was a classic too. There were some fabulously ridiculous WWF wrestling games on the N64 too.

We’ve got a Wii gathering dust. I might have to see if I can get these on that!

I think we're going to do a history of wrestling games episode at some point, as well as a Goldeneye/Perfect Dark two parter.

Nerd life.

TWTD never forgets…

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 13:50 - Apr 8 with 1351 viewsTractorWood

This speaks to my era. Zelda Ocarina, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong Country, Banjo Twoie all speak to me massively. Will give it a listen.

I'm trudging through Shenmue 3 on nostalgia alone at the moment but it could be the worst game I've played on the PS4.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 13:57 - Apr 8 with 1333 viewsbefxblue

"If Hitler was a goth" made me snort tea out through my nose.

Very good listen if you're of that era, I look forward to more.

I'm now off to the loft to drag my 64 out of retirement.
Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 13:58 - Apr 8 with 1327 viewsmonytowbray

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 13:50 - Apr 8 by TractorWood

This speaks to my era. Zelda Ocarina, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong Country, Banjo Twoie all speak to me massively. Will give it a listen.

I'm trudging through Shenmue 3 on nostalgia alone at the moment but it could be the worst game I've played on the PS4.

Never played any of the Shenmue games. Part of the reason I wanted to do this podcast is go back and revisit some stuff I may have missed.

Banjo Kazooie will be an annoying episode when we do it as it's just going to be me mimicking the sound affects. Also thinking about doing some live plays on Twitch at some point if it gets enough interest. Early days though.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 14:02]

TWTD never forgets…

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 14:00 - Apr 8 with 1322 viewsmonytowbray

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 13:57 - Apr 8 by befxblue

"If Hitler was a goth" made me snort tea out through my nose.

Very good listen if you're of that era, I look forward to more.

I'm now off to the loft to drag my 64 out of retirement.

Do it, best console ever made. Mine is still hooked up in my bedroom.

I'm currently working through Majora's Mask but I'll be honest, no where near as good as OOT and annoyingly repetitive.

Hybrid Heaven is a game I really need to get my hands on, never played it and it looked rad when it came out.

TWTD never forgets…

Massively putting myself out for scrutiny posting this but... on 15:08 - Apr 8 with 1232 viewsSwansea_Blue

His other mate Guppy Gordon wasn't so lucky though

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024