Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... 09:35 - Apr 8 with 3186 viewsitfcjoe

....and if Johnson is to recover they would expect him to be coming out of hospital next weekend (18th/19th), those who don't recover leave the hospital 4 days later.

That's a long time in this crisis, and a real power vacuum at the top of the country. I'm no fan of Raab, but someone needs to be given the power to make decisions.

Apparently the next in line list is as follows:

Raab
Sunak
Patel*
Gove

*This is Priti Patel, you may have forgotten she exists as even though she is the home secretary, one of the great offices of state, she hasn't been put forward for a media round or press conference whilst other junior ministers have.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:38 - Apr 8 with 2457 viewsITFC_Forever

Sunak is the only with any credit at the moment.

No-one can forget Raab isn't aware of the existence of the English Channel, and Patel is simply a nasty piece of work who was as recently as couple of months ago demonising the very people who are the lifeblood of the NHS.

Gove can't be counted as he is self-isolating as a family member is showing symptons.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:39 - Apr 8 with 2443 viewsmonytowbray

That list is like picking which turd smells the best.

Sunak is the only one I might consider alright and only because he's not been around long enough to really say I know much about him bar what I've seen at the briefings.

Raab is an utterly soulless human being, as is Patel. Gove is a weasel.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:40 - Apr 8 with 2434 viewsPinewoodblue

Thanks Joe, you know how to cheer us up.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:46 - Apr 8 with 2388 viewsWeWereZombies

Or would a Government of (cross) national unity be better? With Nicola in charge...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:49 - Apr 8 with 2362 viewsfactual_blue

That would be priti 'I am definitely not a bully' patel.

She's not got long left in government.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:50 - Apr 8 with 2355 viewsmonytowbray

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:49 - Apr 8 by factual_blue

I hope they ironically deport her.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:52 - Apr 8 with 2353 viewsGuthrum

It's not a power vacuum.

The PM's stand-in chairs the Cabinet same as he would. Decisions are taken if necessary.

If Johnson is permanently incapacitated, then the stand-in becomes PM until (or if) there's a leadership election.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:54 - Apr 8 with 2340 viewsWeWereZombies

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:50 - Apr 8 by monytowbray

She was born in London for chrissakes!

But it is ironic that if her parents had stayed in Uganda for another decade they would probably have become refugees.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:57 - Apr 8 with 2318 viewsr2d2

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:50 - Apr 8 by monytowbray

Get your facts right. She was born in London. I really do wonder about you.
The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:59 - Apr 8 with 2297 viewsmrshallisfit

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:49 - Apr 8 by factual_blue

Patel would have already gone if it wasn't for the timely intervention of Corona.
The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:00 - Apr 8 with 2298 viewsBloomBlue

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:46 - Apr 8 by WeWereZombies

Or would a Government of (cross) national unity be better? With Nicola in charge...

Nicola is the only creditable alternative of the available leaders, she proved during the GE she has the ability, made most of the other party leaders look like amateurish
The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:01 - Apr 8 with 2291 viewsBluefish

The desperation of the UK media to make out that the country is going to crumble into the sea unless we have a designated decision maker is bizarre. The questioning yesterday at the government press conference was embarrassing, they all just kept asking the same thing in a different way

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:02 - Apr 8 with 2281 viewsmrshallisfit

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:54 - Apr 8 by WeWereZombies

She was born in London for chrissakes!

But it is ironic that if her parents had stayed in Uganda for another decade they would probably have become refugees.

Nothing matters in Priti's universe except Priti.
The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:03 - Apr 8 with 2284 viewsfactual_blue

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:59 - Apr 8 by mrshallisfit

Patel would have already gone if it wasn't for the timely intervention of Corona.

Spoiler alert - the allegations will all be true.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:13 - Apr 8 with 2246 viewsITFC_Forever

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:59 - Apr 8 by mrshallisfit

You mis-spelt Lambert.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:27 - Apr 8 with 2173 viewsMattinLondon

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:57 - Apr 8 by r2d2

Get your facts right. She was born in London. I really do wonder about you.

Callis does regularly act like a prick on here - especially during the last two or three weeks.

But on this occasion he was joking and didn’t mean his comments to be taken seriously.
The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:29 - Apr 8 with 2159 viewsEdmundo

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:01 - Apr 8 by Bluefish

The desperation of the UK media to make out that the country is going to crumble into the sea unless we have a designated decision maker is bizarre. The questioning yesterday at the government press conference was embarrassing, they all just kept asking the same thing in a different way

The journalism is getting worse in every way during this.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:34 - Apr 8 with 2136 viewsitfcjoe

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:01 - Apr 8 by Bluefish

Because Raab was unable to give a straight answer, I appreciate a lot on his plate but he’s now the figurehead and needs to be able to give the answers

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:36 - Apr 8 with 2120 viewsBluefish

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:34 - Apr 8 by itfcjoe

Because Raab was unable to give a straight answer, I appreciate a lot on his plate but he’s now the figurehead and needs to be able to give the answers

He told them it is a collective decision but they kept pushing for overall control. Does it really matter anyway? Is it really that important?

The answer is Cummings anyway

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:38 - Apr 8 with 2104 viewsChurchman

I thought the same. With that bore Peston and the BBC woman along with some of the others, it’s all about them. They wanted to tell the world of government chaos and power vacuum regardless of responses. There isn’t a power vacuum. Peston and co will know this having done the politics job for years. It just doesn’t work that way. However late and inadequate the response has been, its more to do with decision making incompetence than chaos.
The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:40 - Apr 8 with 2094 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 09:52 - Apr 8 by Guthrum

It's not a power vacuum.

The PM's stand-in chairs the Cabinet same as he would. Decisions are taken if necessary.

If Johnson is permanently incapacitated, then the stand-in becomes PM until (or if) there's a leadership election.

Besides, our know it all former civil servant assured us three weeks ago that the civil service had taken over the running of the government and crisis from the politicians.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:45 - Apr 8 with 2062 viewsitfcjoe

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:36 - Apr 8 by Bluefish

He told them it is a collective decision but they kept pushing for overall control. Does it really matter anyway? Is it really that important?

The answer is Cummings anyway

Cummings is still isolating as it is, but with anything there has to be an overall decision maker - because collective decisions will hit barriers - someone has to have the responsibility, like Boris did
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 10:46]

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:46 - Apr 8 with 2044 viewsKeno

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:40 - Apr 8 by GlasgowBlue

Besides, our know it all former civil servant assured us three weeks ago that the civil service had taken over the running of the government and crisis from the politicians.

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:52 - Apr 8 with 1994 viewsBluefish

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:45 - Apr 8 by itfcjoe

Cummings is still isolating as it is, but with anything there has to be an overall decision maker - because collective decisions will hit barriers - someone has to have the responsibility, like Boris did
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 10:46]

The decisions are made by advisors and signed off by cabinet, the thought that Boris makes all of these decisions on his own is miles off

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:54 - Apr 8 with 1984 viewsKeno

The Times have crunched the numbers on recovery rates.... on 10:52 - Apr 8 by Bluefish

The decisions are made by advisors and signed off by cabinet, the thought that Boris makes all of these decisions on his own is miles off

Boris is nothing like Lambert is he?

Now there is a guy makes decisions, leads from the front and is inspirational. We are lucky to have him

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024