Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. 13:27 - Apr 8 with 3332 viewsunstableblue

...this really is off the scale:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/08/trump-stokes-fresh-coronavirus-r

He was clearly warned by the WHO, he clearly ignored it and downplayed the significance, he gave very unclear advice, and now he is scapegoating the WHO.

Incredible.I cannot take the US very seriously, and Fox and the Republicans are culpable for allowing this guy to continue.

Also of note he lies in the actual press conference - he said "we are going to put a powerful hold on WHO funding", then later states "I said we were only thinking about it" WTF!!

Trump is to me, as Lambert is to Bluefish

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 16:57 - Apr 8 with 1245 viewsStokieBlue

It's really not good in the US at the moment. Trump acting more ridiculously than usual whilst there are nearly 1900 deaths recorded today, far in excess of what any other country has recorded even on their worst days.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 17:07 - Apr 8 with 1224 viewsmanchego

I think his approval ratings for handling the Covid crisis are high !?!
His constant lying and delusional outbursts and sociopathy don't deter his fans.
I also think he might win another term.

Democrats couldn't find ONE sane, youngish, charismatic person in the entire country.
BANG ON on 17:23 - Apr 8 with 1195 viewsunstableblue

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 17:07 - Apr 8 by manchego

I think his approval ratings for handling the Covid crisis are high !?!
His constant lying and delusional outbursts and sociopathy don't deter his fans.
I also think he might win another term.

Democrats couldn't find ONE sane, youngish, charismatic person in the entire country.

Dems just needed someone vocal, good values and young to go head to head, and in the live debates say:

1. Trump here is the timeline for your CV lying, explain it?

2. Here is another set of lies on say pardoning war criminals?

3. Here is a set of lies to the Kurds that allowed Russia to take the p!ss?

4.Here is the real state of infra and social mobility after your failed policies is, explain your lies in that one?

etc etc etc

If you rattle him as they did on last nights press conference... he panics and really digs himself in

But no the Dems vote in Biden!

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 17:44 - Apr 8 with 1181 viewsTrequartista

The Guardian, not for the first time, misses out key information in that the WHO have praised China's transparency. Therefore Trump may have a point albeit a deflective one from his own failures.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 17:47 - Apr 8 with 1177 viewsIllinoisblue

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 15:21 - Apr 8 by SpruceMoose

Indeed. There's no comparison between Biden and Trump. Biden might be old, white and rather uninspiring, but he is still running on a pretty progressive platform (by American standards).

He's also not a batsh!t crazy, racist, narcissistic, vengeful, rapey, wannabe dictator.

Biden seems to show early signs of dementia judging from his recent appearances. Watching him and ScumTrump in the debates will be painful.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 17:53 - Apr 8 with 1171 viewsPinewoodblue

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 17:44 - Apr 8 by Trequartista

The Guardian, not for the first time, misses out key information in that the WHO have praised China's transparency. Therefore Trump may have a point albeit a deflective one from his own failures.

You could say that by Chinese standards they have been more transparent than usual.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 18:00 - Apr 8 with 1166 viewsOldsmoker

There is a line in Men in Black where they say they're looking for the best of the best of the best.
Trump and Biden are in no way the best of anything.
They are simply the last man standing in their respective parties.
America could do so much better but I don't think they want to.
Jimmy Carter got elected because he was an honest, decent man and the US wanted the opposite of a crook aka Nixon.
There must come a time when the US want the opposite of Trump and what he stands for.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 18:44 - Apr 8 with 1146 viewsTrequartista

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 17:53 - Apr 8 by Pinewoodblue

You could say that by Chinese standards they have been more transparent than usual.

Three thousand coronavirus deaths in the country of origin from a population of 1.4 billion? Really?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 19:45 - Apr 8 with 1125 viewsMercian

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 18:44 - Apr 8 by Trequartista

Three thousand coronavirus deaths in the country of origin from a population of 1.4 billion? Really?

That's what you get when houses are nailed shut. A draconian measure but it seems to have worked. It is probably more than 3000 but if it were massively more we would know about it, if by spillover to another country of another one of their huge cities which they would not be able to hide.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 19:45]
Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 20:41 - Apr 8 with 1088 viewsClapham_Junction

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 19:45 - Apr 8 by Mercian

That's what you get when houses are nailed shut. A draconian measure but it seems to have worked. It is probably more than 3000 but if it were massively more we would know about it, if by spillover to another country of another one of their huge cities which they would not be able to hide.

The measures really are quite draconian. My other half's parents didn't go outside for over a month.

A friend's father returned to China during the shutdown, was taken home on a bus full of other new arrivals after being kept in the airport for 14 hours, and then when he arrived home, they sealed his door from the outside and told him he wasn't allowed out for two weeks.

I don't believe they are telling the truth about the number of cases, but their lockdown was properly serious stuff.
Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 21:32 - Apr 8 with 1063 viewsLord_Lucan

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 20:41 - Apr 8 by Clapham_Junction

The measures really are quite draconian. My other half's parents didn't go outside for over a month.

A friend's father returned to China during the shutdown, was taken home on a bus full of other new arrivals after being kept in the airport for 14 hours, and then when he arrived home, they sealed his door from the outside and told him he wasn't allowed out for two weeks.

I don't believe they are telling the truth about the number of cases, but their lockdown was properly serious stuff.

China = 100,000 minimum

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

You're missing the point on 22:24 - Apr 8 with 1039 viewsunstableblue

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 17:44 - Apr 8 by Trequartista

.. no one is saying China aren't a totalitarian state.. with questionable structures.

But both Mike Pence and American officials have actually praised the Chinese government for the relative transparency on Covid-19 and sharing of data, so why shouldn't the WHO give some credit to this.

Trump is apparently the leader of the free world and he is lying at every turn - and criticising the WHO to find a scapegoat for his misjudgements, that is unforgivable, when they have done much good during this crisis. Including ignoring clear advise from the WHO to serve his own popularity and re-election chances.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 22:28]

You're missing the point on 22:43 - Apr 8 with 1028 viewsLord_Lucan

You're missing the point on 22:24 - Apr 8 by unstableblue

.. no one is saying China aren't a totalitarian state.. with questionable structures.

But both Mike Pence and American officials have actually praised the Chinese government for the relative transparency on Covid-19 and sharing of data, so why shouldn't the WHO give some credit to this.

Trump is apparently the leader of the free world and he is lying at every turn - and criticising the WHO to find a scapegoat for his misjudgements, that is unforgivable, when they have done much good during this crisis. Including ignoring clear advise from the WHO to serve his own popularity and re-election chances.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 22:28]

What do the WHO and NATO have in common?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 22:46 - Apr 8 with 1026 viewsunstableblue

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 18:00 - Apr 8 by Oldsmoker

There is a line in Men in Black where they say they're looking for the best of the best of the best.
Trump and Biden are in no way the best of anything.
They are simply the last man standing in their respective parties.
America could do so much better but I don't think they want to.
Jimmy Carter got elected because he was an honest, decent man and the US wanted the opposite of a crook aka Nixon.
There must come a time when the US want the opposite of Trump and what he stands for.

The problem with the USA is they've followed a rabid capitalist and 'me first' agenda for a very very long time. Combined with a State versus Federal system that is broken, a huge and growing inequality, exasperated by a low taxation model that has allowed a crash in infrastructure condition and inadequate health care and education for the poor. Social mobility has stalled, and you have a growing ghetto.

The absolute last thing the USA needed was Trump who widens the divide, sows further division, and whose tax policies are worsening the problem. He is demonising government, free press that holds leaders to their word, and promotes a greed and hate based culture.

In short they are completely fecked!

You're missing the point on 22:47 - Apr 8 with 1023 viewsunstableblue

You're missing the point on 22:43 - Apr 8 by Lord_Lucan

They have an 'O' in them?

Is it USA funding? USA give 15% of WHO funding.... Bill Gates foundation give 10%.

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 23:18 - Apr 8 with 1004 viewsStokieBlue

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 19:45 - Apr 8 by Mercian

Do you honestly think it's not a lot more than 3000?

It was circulating from mid-November and they didn't lockdown until January - it's naive to think it's not a lot more given propaganda is more important than the truth to the party.

Elder posted that governments were saying it was at least 7 times what the Chinese were saying, probably more but I don't know his source.

Lots of stories of huge queues are funeral parlours etc as well.

You say we would know about it but nobody really know the scale of what was happening to the Uighurs for quite some time.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 23:37 - Apr 8 with 989 viewsOldsmoker

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 22:46 - Apr 8 by unstableblue

The problem with the USA is they've followed a rabid capitalist and 'me first' agenda for a very very long time. Combined with a State versus Federal system that is broken, a huge and growing inequality, exasperated by a low taxation model that has allowed a crash in infrastructure condition and inadequate health care and education for the poor. Social mobility has stalled, and you have a growing ghetto.

The absolute last thing the USA needed was Trump who widens the divide, sows further division, and whose tax policies are worsening the problem. He is demonising government, free press that holds leaders to their word, and promotes a greed and hate based culture.

In short they are completely fecked!

You've summed up where America is right now.
If enough people feel they are missing out then like I said, they will want change and will vote for the person who is the opposite to what they've got.
That person is/was Bernie Sanders but it seems he has left the building.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 23:42 - Apr 8 with 983 viewsreusersfreekicks

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 16:43 - Apr 8 by LankHenners

There's something funny but also very sad about the fact that Bernie Sanders was right there the whole time but the Dem establishment did their best to push him out of the picture (and I guess at last in this unprecedented time he can do more good fighting on the senate floor than stay in a race he won't be allowed to win) and now they're pitting a senile man against another senile man.

The other said thing is the people won't deserve what they get in the most part and the people who played a part in orchestrating this situation (and are more deserving of woe) won't be affected by it.

Your repeated use of the word 'senile' is ageist ignorant and outdated. Talk about the individuals and their flaws. No-one who doesn't still watch 70s sitcoms talks like that anymore.
Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 23:44 - Apr 8 with 983 viewsjeera

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 18:44 - Apr 8 by Trequartista

Many living alongside each other in close proximity.

Like you and others say, no chance.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

You're missing the point on 06:37 - Apr 9 with 933 viewsTangledupin_Blue

You're missing the point on 22:43 - Apr 8 by Lord_Lucan

Did they both write songs which became hits for Elton John?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 08:03 - Apr 9 with 906 viewsitfcjoe

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 14:11 - Apr 8 by Mercian

Would anyone here let Ipswich become a huge disaster area to make gain? That is what Trump is doing, NYC is his home town and has been for nearly 3/4 of a century and yet he withholds aid because he does like the governor and the people will not vote for him (en masse) . If Texas has a shortage he would supply them on the dot. Without Texas Trump has no chance, he needs them but does not need New York. The man is evil.

I linked up a podcast with his former (very shortly tenured) head of comms, The Mooch, yesterday

He just says to understand Trump, you have to understand that he is a narcissist and a sociopath, but how he described him I'd say more of a psychopath - zero empathy or sympathy for anyone else, everything is only done if it is in his interest.

Evil probably isn't the right word for him, I don't think he cares enough to be evil

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 08:52 - Apr 9 with 877 viewsLankHenners

Trump sinks further into the mire of lies.. on 23:42 - Apr 8 by reusersfreekicks

Your repeated use of the word 'senile' is ageist ignorant and outdated. Talk about the individuals and their flaws. No-one who doesn't still watch 70s sitcoms talks like that anymore.

No it isn’t.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024