Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus 16:46 - Apr 8 with 4087 viewsMullet

I think I mentioned an ambulance showed up last week to rush her in. Turns out they sent her home from hospital once, then collected her again and it was that that meant they tested her and she was positive.

Underlying asthma and in her 60's or so, but it doesn't sound good at all. Only 3 doors down so it's tweaking that irrational part of our brains that exposure is therefore likely for us too.

Apparently yesterday's stats for Greater Manchester are the worst yet too, but I've not seen that reported so wonder if that's true.

A big army plane flew over us today as well, it looked like a transporter so it makes me wonder if it was carrying supplies for the NHS/something else. Stay safe TWTD
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 16:46]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:03 - Apr 8 with 1176 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:01 - Apr 8 by bluelagos

There was testimony of one case on c4news. 4 times they called 101. Fobbed on calls 1,3 and 4. Call 2 ambulance came but left him. Bloke later died after collapsing at home. He had worked for Nhs 40,years.

Only one I am aware of, though I dont use twitter.

Sounds more like the issue is with patients being told they are not ill enough for hospital and dying before they are. Maybe the issue is with the advice given on at what point they have deteriorated enough for admission. Each case quoted so far has involved attendance by an ambulance.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:05 - Apr 8 with 1171 viewsmonytowbray

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:03 - Apr 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Sounds more like the issue is with patients being told they are not ill enough for hospital and dying before they are. Maybe the issue is with the advice given on at what point they have deteriorated enough for admission. Each case quoted so far has involved attendance by an ambulance.

If there are reports of them not being able to attend calls though, that’s worrying.

I imagine you can guess exactly who I blame for that predicament, and it’s not the health staff.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:09 - Apr 8 with 1163 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:05 - Apr 8 by monytowbray

If there are reports of them not being able to attend calls though, that’s worrying.

I imagine you can guess exactly who I blame for that predicament, and it’s not the health staff.

I am not sure any of these involves an inability to attend. Simply that the final attendance was too late.

I am 100% with you that there is a problem with underfunding in the NHS for many decades now. Unfortunately, the most significant proportion of the electorate remains happy with this state of affairs.

I think we need to be careful not to misrepresent the facts in order to overstate the case.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:11 - Apr 8 with 1157 viewsmonytowbray

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:09 - Apr 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not sure any of these involves an inability to attend. Simply that the final attendance was too late.

I am 100% with you that there is a problem with underfunding in the NHS for many decades now. Unfortunately, the most significant proportion of the electorate remains happy with this state of affairs.

I think we need to be careful not to misrepresent the facts in order to overstate the case.

Those stories fill me with horror though. Imagine knowing you need to go to hospital and being powerless to actually go :(

It’s not a situation we should be in where an ambulance call is referred to an online guide RN.

TWTD never forgets…

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:11 - Apr 8 with 1160 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorry to hear that, seems to have reached the point where everyone has at least one friend or relative badly affected by it. Hope your neighbour pulls through.
My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:19 - Apr 8 with 1148 viewsmidastouch

Hope your neighbour is ok. My friend caught it in our local hospital after major cancer surgery. He was one of the first few to test positive in there around the 24th or 25th of March. He's done really well though and is back home now with his family and seems to be fighting fit. Although he is having to adjust to life with a colostomy bag. He said the care he had in the hospital was excellent.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:42 - Apr 8 with 1076 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My brothers mate who he works with sadly died today. Only got ill with it Thursday. 55 years old. Cruel world.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:49 - Apr 8 with 1065 viewsBlueToad

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 18:54 - Apr 8 by Guthrum

I'd rather die at home alone than in a hospital wired up to machines, with constant light and noise. Tho, in reality, I probably wouldn't care much either way at the time.

You would rather die at home, gasping for breath, turning blue and in blind panic, possibly terrifying your close family members than be in a place where you would be at least sedated and cared for by professionals where you might have a chance.

Strange choice, but each to their own.

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

Login to get fewer ads

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:54 - Apr 8 with 1051 viewsmonytowbray

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:49 - Apr 8 by BlueToad

You would rather die at home, gasping for breath, turning blue and in blind panic, possibly terrifying your close family members than be in a place where you would be at least sedated and cared for by professionals where you might have a chance.

Strange choice, but each to their own.

I think I’d rather be thinking about having my life saved, but Gunth is hardcore. He’ll bow out at home holding a beer listening to Electric Wizard.

TWTD never forgets…

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 21:06 - Apr 8 with 1029 viewsbournemouthblue

One of those massive Airbus Planes flew over Ipswich the other day

It was rumoured they are testing readiness for moving people to the Nightingdale hospital

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 21:10 - Apr 8 with 1021 viewsbournemouthblue

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:58 - Apr 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Are they true. I know of someone working as a paramedic who led me (second hand albeit) to believe they attend all calls.

I struggled to get a paramedic out for a guy collapsed with suspected overdose

This was way before the lockdown on a quiet Monday Night

When the paramedics arrived, they said it's a good job you called us, this guy could have died

That really took me back, just how understaffed our services must be

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 23:40 - Apr 8 with 964 viewsjeera

Yeah that's horrible man.

Hope she (and every every poor sod with it) gets better.

This isn't right, everything about it feels all wrong.

I had a Tesco delivery tonight and found myself kneeling in the bathroom wiping each item with a disinfected cloth [again] ffs.

My next door neighbour supposedly has the virus and her front door is 4 meters from mine, facing each other. Our doors are under the same canopy.

I dunno, I've been coughing for 6/7 weeks with no temperature and don't know if I've had it or not. I was rough a while back but that seemed just a bit too soon for this. But it did follow a flurry of hospital and doc appointments so I don't bloody know. I could barely stand for a few days and called it a virus at the time.

Thing is, we catch stuff anyway and think not too much of it. It may have been just something else I picked up whilst at the hospital. It's a bit easy to associate everything with the covid connection the way things are.

I do know my chest is lousy from whatever it was though and could do without catching anything like that right now if I haven't already had it.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 23:40]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 00:34 - Apr 9 with 928 viewsRyorry

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 23:40 - Apr 8 by jeera

Yeah that's horrible man.

Hope she (and every every poor sod with it) gets better.

This isn't right, everything about it feels all wrong.

I had a Tesco delivery tonight and found myself kneeling in the bathroom wiping each item with a disinfected cloth [again] ffs.

My next door neighbour supposedly has the virus and her front door is 4 meters from mine, facing each other. Our doors are under the same canopy.

I dunno, I've been coughing for 6/7 weeks with no temperature and don't know if I've had it or not. I was rough a while back but that seemed just a bit too soon for this. But it did follow a flurry of hospital and doc appointments so I don't bloody know. I could barely stand for a few days and called it a virus at the time.

Thing is, we catch stuff anyway and think not too much of it. It may have been just something else I picked up whilst at the hospital. It's a bit easy to associate everything with the covid connection the way things are.

I do know my chest is lousy from whatever it was though and could do without catching anything like that right now if I haven't already had it.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 23:40]

Fwiw (I'm no medic), it seems to me that if you've been under the weather & coughing that long, but haven't either had a temperature, or got any better or any worse, it's very likely to be something else. Maybe contact your GP or 111?

I tend to be v. careful anyway due to chronic gut problems but can't be doing with all that disinfecting business - it'd drive me nuts & leave little time for anything else. I just decant perishables onto a clean surface & then into stayfresh bags which go into the frig. Non-perishables I just stick in the spare room for 3 days, by which time the virus is no longer viable & the goodies are safe.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 00:50 - Apr 9 with 914 viewsjeera

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 00:34 - Apr 9 by Ryorry

Fwiw (I'm no medic), it seems to me that if you've been under the weather & coughing that long, but haven't either had a temperature, or got any better or any worse, it's very likely to be something else. Maybe contact your GP or 111?

I tend to be v. careful anyway due to chronic gut problems but can't be doing with all that disinfecting business - it'd drive me nuts & leave little time for anything else. I just decant perishables onto a clean surface & then into stayfresh bags which go into the frig. Non-perishables I just stick in the spare room for 3 days, by which time the virus is no longer viable & the goodies are safe.

I started to wipe a lettuce leaf by leaf but it became dull and started to wilt a bit.

I haven't been disinfecting individual tomatoes et al, just packaging on things that cannot be repackaged.

And the carrier bags* they arrive in go into a bowl of soapy disinfected water.

Meat goes into bags and into the freezer.

My chest is tight and burns around the centre but I'm sure that's normal.

I did have a panic today when on the Tesco website it was announced they couldn't fulfill my Ghost Ship order. I logged onto Adnams and they've currently sold out too. That didn't help the chest pain much.

Thankfully, and weirdly, my order was complete when it arrived tonight so I dunno what that was all about.

I wiped those down carefully.

*Of course another downside to this it the amount of plastic use has shot up. I know that's the least of concerns atm, but it did feel wrong to be handling so many carrier bags. We've become used to seeing them as the enemy.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 1:15]

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 07:41 - Apr 9 with 864 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 00:50 - Apr 9 by jeera

I started to wipe a lettuce leaf by leaf but it became dull and started to wilt a bit.

I haven't been disinfecting individual tomatoes et al, just packaging on things that cannot be repackaged.

And the carrier bags* they arrive in go into a bowl of soapy disinfected water.

Meat goes into bags and into the freezer.

My chest is tight and burns around the centre but I'm sure that's normal.

I did have a panic today when on the Tesco website it was announced they couldn't fulfill my Ghost Ship order. I logged onto Adnams and they've currently sold out too. That didn't help the chest pain much.

Thankfully, and weirdly, my order was complete when it arrived tonight so I dunno what that was all about.

I wiped those down carefully.

*Of course another downside to this it the amount of plastic use has shot up. I know that's the least of concerns atm, but it did feel wrong to be handling so many carrier bags. We've become used to seeing them as the enemy.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 1:15]

On a positive note my mother declared herself over it last night....but now I have to worry about replenishing my beer stocks!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 07:50 - Apr 9 with 857 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 07:41 - Apr 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

On a positive note my mother declared herself over it last night....but now I have to worry about replenishing my beer stocks!

Promising news on your mother mate.

Good luck procuring the beer!!

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 09:41 - Apr 9 with 824 viewsflimflam

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:11 - Apr 8 by PhilTWTD

Sorry to hear that, seems to have reached the point where everyone has at least one friend or relative badly affected by it. Hope your neighbour pulls through.

The secretary of Stonham Football Club Eric Cousins passed away Sunday.

Anyone involved in local football in mid Suffolk would have known Eric as he has been involved with Stonham for as long as most of us can remember.

I think that brought it home to a lot of people around here.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 09:45 - Apr 9 with 820 viewsStokieBlue

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:36 - Apr 8 by monytowbray

Here’s one.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/london-woman-36-dies-of-suspected-

There’s been at least one more in the news I’ve seen. I tend to question most things on social media to validate the source first.

Weird thing to upvote Pecker before I’ve even responded to validate it. Almost as if you have an agenda or something. SB wasn’t challenging me on it, he asked for sources. Don’t cream your pants too early. Xoxo
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 19:42]

Thanks for the link.

So that's not quite what you said, they did attend the house but then decided she wasn't high risk.

I guess that's due to the sheer load on hospital beds and they have to perform some kind of coordinated triage with other ambulances to decide who to take in.

Not great I agree but a function of their not being enough beds for a pandemic rather than an issue with the ambulances.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 15:40 - Apr 9 with 745 viewsjeera

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 07:41 - Apr 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

That is good news.

I'm on the notification list for Adnams now.

I should have just bought when it was available but as usual I procrastinate.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 15:41]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024