Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus 16:46 - Apr 8 with 4091 viewsMullet

I think I mentioned an ambulance showed up last week to rush her in. Turns out they sent her home from hospital once, then collected her again and it was that that meant they tested her and she was positive.

Underlying asthma and in her 60's or so, but it doesn't sound good at all. Only 3 doors down so it's tweaking that irrational part of our brains that exposure is therefore likely for us too.

Apparently yesterday's stats for Greater Manchester are the worst yet too, but I've not seen that reported so wonder if that's true.

A big army plane flew over us today as well, it looked like a transporter so it makes me wonder if it was carrying supplies for the NHS/something else. Stay safe TWTD
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 16:46]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 16:54 - Apr 8 with 2840 viewsPinewoodblue

All this talk of flattening the curve is nonsense as different areas/ regions are further ahead, or behind, than others.

The method of reporting figures is woeful. To my mind we need to see figures displayed by region, not in their raw state but perhaps updated daily on a seven day rolling average.

It isn’t even easy to see figures for Suffolk as Ipswich and Colchester Hospital figures are combined.

The contribution of the media at national, and local, level isn’t fit for purpose

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:01 - Apr 8 with 2792 viewslongtimefan

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 16:54 - Apr 8 by Pinewoodblue

All this talk of flattening the curve is nonsense as different areas/ regions are further ahead, or behind, than others.

The method of reporting figures is woeful. To my mind we need to see figures displayed by region, not in their raw state but perhaps updated daily on a seven day rolling average.

It isn’t even easy to see figures for Suffolk as Ipswich and Colchester Hospital figures are combined.

The contribution of the media at national, and local, level isn’t fit for purpose

Deaths by NHS region are shown on a tab in the excel files on this page:
https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deat
My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:05 - Apr 8 with 2768 viewsbluelagos

A good mate just let me know his dad is having his (Non CV) treatment withdrawn (cos they are prioritising others) and he can't even get to visit due to the isolation rules.

There are going to be so many heart breaking stories like that (And yours). Horrible stuff that will impact so so many people.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:10 - Apr 8 with 2736 viewsMullet

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:05 - Apr 8 by bluelagos

A good mate just let me know his dad is having his (Non CV) treatment withdrawn (cos they are prioritising others) and he can't even get to visit due to the isolation rules.

There are going to be so many heart breaking stories like that (And yours). Horrible stuff that will impact so so many people.

I have seen a couple of tweets pertaining to be from doctors who were suggesting just that. Along the lines of treating patients or withdrawing treatment and it meaning they won't live as long. That's a hidden cost I guess as the data won't show that.

My next door neighbour is a 63 year old nurse. They stopped her working due to the chemicals in the hospital cleaning provision seemingly caused her chest issues. After a long lay off they essentially let her go.

She had her old boss asking her to come back in, and do admin. She says even if she wanted to she can't as she is the carer for two family members and has several kids and grandkids.

The anecdotal stuff is starting to paint a bleaker picture unfortunately.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:17 - Apr 8 with 2711 viewsbluelagos

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:10 - Apr 8 by Mullet

I have seen a couple of tweets pertaining to be from doctors who were suggesting just that. Along the lines of treating patients or withdrawing treatment and it meaning they won't live as long. That's a hidden cost I guess as the data won't show that.

My next door neighbour is a 63 year old nurse. They stopped her working due to the chemicals in the hospital cleaning provision seemingly caused her chest issues. After a long lay off they essentially let her go.

She had her old boss asking her to come back in, and do admin. She says even if she wanted to she can't as she is the carer for two family members and has several kids and grandkids.

There was an article by Polly Toynbee a few weeks ago where she painted the heart breaking decisions likely to have to be made by medical stuff if they have to ration treatment. (As now appears likely)

So glad I am not in that position and I suspect the aftermath will see a whole load of traumatised medical professionals who will need a lot of support. So many other aspects of this sh1t beyond the bare numbers of dead.

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:30 - Apr 8 with 2660 viewsGeoffSentence

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:05 - Apr 8 by bluelagos

My son was due a follow up visit to the hospital at the end of March, not for something life threatening, but for something that can make life rather miserable, but that has had to go by the by.

There was a bloke on Look East the other night who has had his life saving brain tumour op cancelled for the time being.

This is the diffiiculty with lockdown, it is not a simple matter of doing it saves lives, there are other serious consequences of being in lockdown, some of which are life threatening in themselves.

Hats off to the people who make these decisions though, it must be very tough to do, even if you get it right it will fvck some people up.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:50 - Apr 8 with 2611 viewsmonytowbray

The stories about people dying at home because an ambulance wouldn't come out are the ones that upset me more than anything.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:58 - Apr 8 with 2577 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:50 - Apr 8 by monytowbray

The stories about people dying at home because an ambulance wouldn't come out are the ones that upset me more than anything.

Are they true. I know of someone working as a paramedic who led me (second hand albeit) to believe they attend all calls.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:59 - Apr 8 with 2560 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:30 - Apr 8 by GeoffSentence

My son was due a follow up visit to the hospital at the end of March, not for something life threatening, but for something that can make life rather miserable, but that has had to go by the by.

There was a bloke on Look East the other night who has had his life saving brain tumour op cancelled for the time being.

This is the diffiiculty with lockdown, it is not a simple matter of doing it saves lives, there are other serious consequences of being in lockdown, some of which are life threatening in themselves.

Hats off to the people who make these decisions though, it must be very tough to do, even if you get it right it will fvck some people up.

I know it is nothing like the same end of the scale, but I chipped a tooth last night and my initial thought was that if it was seriously damaged and painful would the dentist even see me? Fortunately it is a minor chip and not at all painful. I shall wait until this is all over before even attempting to contact them.

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 18:05 - Apr 8 with 2522 viewsPecker

Hope She is ok.
My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 18:54 - Apr 8 with 2459 viewsGuthrum

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:50 - Apr 8 by monytowbray

I'd rather die at home alone than in a hospital wired up to machines, with constant light and noise. Tho, in reality, I probably wouldn't care much either way at the time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 18:55 - Apr 8 with 2464 viewsjas0999

This is a different case, but one of our neighbours has ‘suspected’ Coronavirus. That’s the trouble - probably doesn’t count Towards the statistics although likely she has it.
My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 18:59 - Apr 8 with 2451 viewsGuthrum

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 18:55 - Apr 8 by jas0999

This is a different case, but one of our neighbours has ‘suspected’ Coronavirus. That’s the trouble - probably doesn’t count Towards the statistics although likely she has it.

One of my neighbours had that, after a work colleague of his had suspected symptoms. He (and the rest of us in the street who got whatever-it-was*) are all pretty much recovered.

* I don't think it was C-19. Some others think it might have been. Until we get tested, we'll never know.

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:01 - Apr 8 with 2438 viewsGuthrum

The big transport planes have been flying round here, too. But they were also doing that back in early March, before all this got really serious.

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:01 - Apr 8 with 2440 viewsStokieBlue

You got some examples?

Because the ambulance service have said those stories doing the roads on social media are fake.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:13 - Apr 8 with 2400 viewsNewcyBlue

Someone that MrsN knew has died.

She had been ill with the virus for a bit, called her Mam to tell her she was starting to feel better, called an ambulance and unlocked her front door.

By the time the ambulance got there was dead.

Tragic. There are no words.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:36 - Apr 8 with 2331 viewsmonytowbray

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:01 - Apr 8 by StokieBlue

You got some examples?

Because the ambulance service have said those stories doing the roads on social media are fake.

SB

Here’s one.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/london-woman-36-dies-of-suspected-

There’s been at least one more in the news I’ve seen. I tend to question most things on social media to validate the source first.

Weird thing to upvote Pecker before I’ve even responded to validate it. Almost as if you have an agenda or something. SB wasn’t challenging me on it, he asked for sources. Don’t cream your pants too early. Xoxo
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 19:42]

TWTD never forgets…

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:36 - Apr 8 with 2330 viewsgiant_stow

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:01 - Apr 8 by StokieBlue

You got some examples?

SB

There was this from early on: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/london-woman-36-dies-of-suspected-

But it the only one i remember reading
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 19:41]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:40 - Apr 8 with 2319 viewsmonytowbray

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:36 - Apr 8 by giant_stow

There was this from early on: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/london-woman-36-dies-of-suspected-

But it the only one i remember reading
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 19:41]

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/uk/thomas-harvey-uk-coronavirus-intl-gbr/index.ht

Another here.

TWTD never forgets…

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:41 - Apr 8 with 2318 viewsRyorry

Sorry to hear that Mullet, I hope she pulls through OK.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:46 - Apr 8 with 2289 viewsfactual_blue

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:01 - Apr 8 by Guthrum

The big transport planes have been flying round here, too. But they were also doing that back in early March, before all this got really serious.

Same here, but that's nothing unusual. Probably just the weekly delivery of Hersey bars to the BX store at Lakenheath.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:49 - Apr 8 with 2277 viewsRyorry

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 17:10 - Apr 8 by Mullet

My neighbour who had a terminal cancer diagnosis given last year, but who has been responding very well to a new, somewhat experimental apparently, type of drugs regime, was told last week that his next treatment session would be only in 6 weeks' time, not the usual 3 weeks. Unknown as to how that will impact his condition. He is being admirably stoic about it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:53 - Apr 8 with 2257 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:40 - Apr 8 by monytowbray

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/uk/thomas-harvey-uk-coronavirus-intl-gbr/index.ht

Another here.

In both of those cases paramedics attended.

The fact they may not have been correctly dealt with or that the carer who then subsequently called 999 upon deterioration may not have done so soon enough (how does someone determine at what point they have deteriorated enough to have gone from non-emergency to emergency?) is another question.

In neither case was the death due to non-attendance of the paramedics. Refusal to admit, possibly.

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:01 - Apr 8 with 2228 viewsbluelagos

You got some examples?

SB

There was testimony of one case on c4news. 4 times they called 101. Fobbed on calls 1,3 and 4. Call 2 ambulance came but left him. Bloke later died after collapsing at home. He had worked for Nhs 40,years.

Only one I am aware of, though I dont use twitter.

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 20:02 - Apr 8 with 2215 viewsmonytowbray

My neighbour has been put in a coma due to corona virus on 19:53 - Apr 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

In both of those cases paramedics attended.

The fact they may not have been correctly dealt with or that the carer who then subsequently called 999 upon deterioration may not have done so soon enough (how does someone determine at what point they have deteriorated enough to have gone from non-emergency to emergency?) is another question.

In neither case was the death due to non-attendance of the paramedics. Refusal to admit, possibly.

“A few days before his death, on March 26, the family called for a second time to try and get Harvey into a hospital to access more specialized care, but were instead directed online. "He was neglected on the second account we called paramedics -- they told us to go online. How is that going to help someone who is not breathing?" said Tamira.”

Doesn’t read like that.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024