Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Since we are all out running 07:50 - Apr 9 with 1319 viewsNewcyBlue

And cycling outside more...

Has anyone signed up for or completed a virtual challenge?

https://www.theconqueror.events/

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Since we are all out running on 08:10 - Apr 9 with 1270 viewsbluelagos

Set myself a target of LeJoG within a set period - which might require a bit more than an hour a day on the road - and would set the Twtd exercise Stazi off on one....

So you will have to wait til lockdown is over for details :-)

#reclaimthelanes
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 8:10]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Since we are all out running on 08:15 - Apr 9 with 1254 viewsNewcyBlue

Since we are all out running on 08:10 - Apr 9 by bluelagos

Set myself a target of LeJoG within a set period - which might require a bit more than an hour a day on the road - and would set the Twtd exercise Stazi off on one....

So you will have to wait til lockdown is over for details :-)

#reclaimthelanes
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 8:10]

At the moment there is nothing illegal about exercising for more than 1 hours per day

Coronavirus: What are social distancing and self-isolation? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729

Although it looks like they want to change that....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/08/police-chiefs-call-on-no-10-to-tig

Since we are all out running on 08:28 - Apr 9 with 1222 viewsTIB

I've been out every day for the last 17 days doing rides...longest so far being 25 miles as don't want to take p*ss on my daily exercise allowance. This is really cool though and something the wife might like as she's working from home and has been struggling with motivation to use her exercise bike...she was even looking at Pelaton the other day. Will be sending her a link to this now. Cheers Newcy

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Since we are all out running on 08:29 - Apr 9 with 1221 viewsFtnfwest

Not for me. Realising how much my mile walk to the station and back plus mile walk from kings x and back every weekday keeps a level of fitness going. Managing to do a couple of shortened runs a week which I did before anyway, but then have got the dog to walk as well. Four in the house which helps with that thankfully.
Since we are all out running on 08:37 - Apr 9 with 1205 viewsNewcyBlue

Since we are all out running on 08:28 - Apr 9 by TIB

I've been out every day for the last 17 days doing rides...longest so far being 25 miles as don't want to take p*ss on my daily exercise allowance. This is really cool though and something the wife might like as she's working from home and has been struggling with motivation to use her exercise bike...she was even looking at Pelaton the other day. Will be sending her a link to this now. Cheers Newcy

I’m tempted to do one to be honest.

I am getting more stuff for a home gym type thing. I’ve ordered a wall mounted pull up bar and a couple of other things. We have an exercise bike and I have a mountain bike that I have done a few rides on too.

Since we are all out running on 08:59 - Apr 9 with 1176 viewsGlasgowBlue

I dint have that app but I recently bought a Reebok Treadmill which connects to an app that allows you to run with google earth on a screen.

So I can be running through the streets of Rome, London or Paris in real time. It also adjusts the incline on the treadmill in relation to the terrain you are running, so if there is a steep hill then the incline goes up drastically.

Yesterday did a retro run where I ran from my grandad’s old house to Portman Road. Out a smile on my face when I could first see the ground in the distance. The only let down was the route wants filmed on a match day so Portman’s Walk and Sir Alf Ramsey Way were deserted.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Since we are all out running on 09:02 - Apr 9 with 1165 viewsNewcyBlue

Since we are all out running on 08:59 - Apr 9 by GlasgowBlue

I dint have that app but I recently bought a Reebok Treadmill which connects to an app that allows you to run with google earth on a screen.

So I can be running through the streets of Rome, London or Paris in real time. It also adjusts the incline on the treadmill in relation to the terrain you are running, so if there is a steep hill then the incline goes up drastically.

Yesterday did a retro run where I ran from my grandad’s old house to Portman Road. Out a smile on my face when I could first see the ground in the distance. The only let down was the route wants filmed on a match day so Portman’s Walk and Sir Alf Ramsey Way were deserted.

The Great East Run was outstanding. I enjoyed it so much more than I did any of the Great North Runs that I had done. It was also my quickest.

That’s one fancy treadmill Glassers!

Since we are all out running on 09:15 - Apr 9 with 1139 viewshampstead_blue

I've just got Strava on my phone.
Now I am a few months post-op I can do a bit more.
There is a juicy hill nearby which I can struggle up and down until boredom hits.

Have been more active than in a long time. I love it.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Since we are all out running on 09:33 - Apr 9 with 1118 viewsGlasgowBlue

Since we are all out running on 09:02 - Apr 9 by NewcyBlue

The Great East Run was outstanding. I enjoyed it so much more than I did any of the Great North Runs that I had done. It was also my quickest.

That’s one fancy treadmill Glassers!

I’ll send you a picture mate. Putting in a home gym has been my lockdown project.

Iron Lion Zion

Since we are all out running on 09:51 - Apr 9 with 1102 viewsNewcyBlue

Since we are all out running on 09:33 - Apr 9 by GlasgowBlue

I’ll send you a picture mate. Putting in a home gym has been my lockdown project.

I'm seriously considering a triathlon for next year...

There are some easy triathlons of 200m swim, 10k bike, 2.5k run.

Since we are all out running on 10:08 - Apr 9 with 1085 viewsGlasgowBlue

Since we are all out running on 09:51 - Apr 9 by NewcyBlue

Sounds a doddle.😄

Iron Lion Zion

Since we are all out running on 10:13 - Apr 9 with 1082 viewsitfcjoe

I've seen things like that previously but never looked that good - guess tech has moved on as sounds awesom

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Since we are all out running on 11:40 - Apr 9 with 1043 viewsm14_blue

That sounds insanely good.

Was it ridiculously expensive?
Since we are all out running on 12:00 - Apr 9 with 1026 viewsTIB

Since we are all out running on 08:37 - Apr 9 by NewcyBlue

I’m tempted to do one to be honest.

I am getting more stuff for a home gym type thing. I’ve ordered a wall mounted pull up bar and a couple of other things. We have an exercise bike and I have a mountain bike that I have done a few rides on too.

My wife has the exercise bike and I have small dumbells...really not prepared for home workouts but I work in a hospital so am still working day to day and then just utilising my evening to get out on the mountain bike and try and clear the lungs and head.

The price of Pelaton was mad and I said we'd just find a new exercise bike as hers is old but I guess everyone has been out to purchase one as none available for like a month!?!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Since we are all out running on 12:22 - Apr 9 with 1000 viewsSwansea_Blue

'Virtual' challenge? I feel challenged enough getting up some of the hills around here!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Since we are all out running on 12:43 - Apr 9 with 971 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've been wondering what difference exercise makes to spreading water droplets and possible virus spread. Interesting little read.

Take home message - keep extra distance if out exercising.

https://medium.com/@jurgenthoelen/belgian-dutch-study-why-in-times-of-covid-19-y

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Since we are all out running on 13:24 - Apr 9 with 944 viewsGlasgowBlue

Since we are all out running on 10:13 - Apr 9 by itfcjoe

I've seen things like that previously but never looked that good - guess tech has moved on as sounds awesom

It really depends on what location you chose. The major cities have been filmed really well which makes it quite seamless.

Ipswich isn't so good as some of the filming has been done on different days. Rome, London and Paris are stunning.

Apparently you can Bluetooth the image to a big screen which sounds pretty good but I just stream it to my ipad.

This is me starting from Sir Al Ramsey Way earlier.

Iron Lion Zion

Since we are all out running on 13:36 - Apr 9 with 930 viewsGlasgowBlue

Since we are all out running on 11:40 - Apr 9 by m14_blue

That sounds insanely good.

Was it ridiculously expensive?

I'v sent you a PM.

Iron Lion Zion

Since we are all out running on 13:39 - Apr 9 with 925 viewsNewcyBlue

Since we are all out running on 13:24 - Apr 9 by GlasgowBlue

It really depends on what location you chose. The major cities have been filmed really well which makes it quite seamless.

Ipswich isn't so good as some of the filming has been done on different days. Rome, London and Paris are stunning.

Apparently you can Bluetooth the image to a big screen which sounds pretty good but I just stream it to my ipad.

This is me starting from Sir Al Ramsey Way earlier.

What music you got on when running that?

Since we are all out running on 09:09 - Apr 10 with 808 viewsNewcyBlue

I told MrsN about these virtual challenges.

“£30?!!?!?? I can buy you a medal for cheaper than that!”

I’m out....

Since we are all out running on 09:12 - Apr 10 with 806 viewsGlasgowBlue

Since we are all out running on 13:39 - Apr 9 by NewcyBlue

What music you got on when running that?

It should be ‘singing the blues’ really. But I always run to Starpoint radio.

Iron Lion Zion

Since we are all out running on 09:27 - Apr 10 with 794 viewsNewcyBlue

Since we are all out running on 09:12 - Apr 10 by GlasgowBlue

It should be ‘singing the blues’ really. But I always run to Starpoint radio.

I need heavy stuff to lift heavy stuff.

I’ll run to pretty much any music.

Since we are all out running on 16:35 - Apr 10 with 739 viewsTractorWood

Since we are all out running on 09:51 - Apr 9 by NewcyBlue

Do it. Greatest thing in the world.

I'm meant to be doing Ironman in July but think it will be cancelled. That is 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile cycle and then a marathon to finish it off. Would like to go sub 12 hours.

I've done two half Ironmans but have really be upping the training to get me use to the punishment.

In terms of the OP I do the odd virtual race on Zwift. Amazing platform and community but it is unbelievably competitive.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024