Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MP's trousering an additional £10k then. 12:07 - Apr 9 with 1987 viewsartsbossbeard

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/1267001/coronavirus-UK-mps-expenses-finan

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/mps-handed-10000-each-help-21838660

Matt Hancock will ask for his contribution to go towards ventilators in a show of unity with the PFA, no doubt.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 12:10 - Apr 9 with 1958 viewsBluefish

MPs are underpaid

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 12:14 - Apr 9 with 1931 viewsjas0999

I wouldn’t want His job even for an extra £10K. Let alone anyone’s job in the cabinet. Least of all PM.
MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 12:15 - Apr 9 with 1930 viewsLord_Lucan

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 12:10 - Apr 9 by Bluefish

MPs are underpaid

I can say with almost definite info that Artsbossbeard is on a better wage than MP's

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 12:23 - Apr 9 with 1907 viewsmrfixit426

MPs are underpaid

And this is why the overall quality is so low.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 12:24]
MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 12:27 - Apr 9 with 1885 viewsjaykay

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 12:23 - Apr 9 by mrfixit426

And this is why the overall quality is so low.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 12:24]

what your opinion of ipswich town.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 12:27 - Apr 9 with 1886 viewsMarinerisGod

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 12:15 - Apr 9 by Lord_Lucan

I can say with almost definite info that Artsbossbeard is on a better wage than MP's

and considerably more than most nurses and care workers.

Being Deadpool for real.
Poll: Best McCarthy

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 15:24 - Apr 9 with 1753 viewsSwansea_Blue

MPs are underpaid

The basic salary isn't huge, but that isn't all they earn. Boris declared over £400k of additional interests last year, (March to March) https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10999/boris_johnson/uxbridge_and_south_ruislip

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 15:36 - Apr 9 with 1734 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seems like ballocks anyway.

Login to get fewer ads

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 15:39 - Apr 9 with 1726 viewsRadlett_blue

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 15:24 - Apr 9 by Swansea_Blue

The basic salary isn't huge, but that isn't all they earn. Boris declared over £400k of additional interests last year, (March to March) https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10999/boris_johnson/uxbridge_and_south_ruislip

Boris is an exception, but the expense allowances are very generous (which has arisen largely because increasing MP's salaries has been seen as too much of a hot potato).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 16:02 - Apr 9 with 1703 viewsSwansea_Blue

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 15:39 - Apr 9 by Radlett_blue

Boris is an exception, but the expense allowances are very generous (which has arisen largely because increasing MP's salaries has been seen as too much of a hot potato).

Yeah, about half declare additional income I think, and most won't be anywhere near those sorts of figures. Boris is probably one of, if not the highest, I just picked him as he was mentioned near the top of the thread.

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 17:06 - Apr 9 with 1616 viewsGluedtoBlue

MPs are underpaid

Hahahaha.

Sure they are.

Hahahaha.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 19:34 - Apr 9 with 1540 viewsstonojnr

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 17:06 - Apr 9 by GluedtoBlue

Hahahaha.

Sure they are.

Hahahaha.

technically they really are for the job they perform, the pm/cabinet earn double the basic MPs salary, but if they were sat around a board table of a ftse 100 company instead, theyd be earning minimum 10 times the MPs salary, and they wouldnt be making life or death decisions for millions of people.

heck they could sit around a table on MotD and discuss football and earn around 25 times the MPs salary.
MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 19:50 - Apr 9 with 1527 viewshampstead_blue

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 12:27 - Apr 9 by MarinerisGod

and considerably more than most nurses and care workers.

sore topic but a nurse or care worker could not run a Gov Dept or do a MP's job.

I'd say they are very underpaid which is why many don't get into public service until they have made their money.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 19:53 - Apr 9 with 1523 viewsGlasgowBlue

Poor old Boss Beard. That's the second time in a week you've posted fake news.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 19:56 - Apr 9 with 1511 viewsDarth_Koont

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 19:53 - Apr 9 by GlasgowBlue

That makes no sense.

Pronouns: He/Him

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 19:59 - Apr 9 with 1502 viewsMarinerisGod

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 19:50 - Apr 9 by hampstead_blue

sore topic but a nurse or care worker could not run a Gov Dept or do a MP's job.

I'd say they are very underpaid which is why many don't get into public service until they have made their money.

In fairness very MP's can do their own jobs either.

Being Deadpool for real.
Poll: Best McCarthy

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 22:07 - Apr 9 with 1456 viewsGluedtoBlue

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 19:34 - Apr 9 by stonojnr

technically they really are for the job they perform, the pm/cabinet earn double the basic MPs salary, but if they were sat around a board table of a ftse 100 company instead, theyd be earning minimum 10 times the MPs salary, and they wouldnt be making life or death decisions for millions of people.

heck they could sit around a table on MotD and discuss football and earn around 25 times the MPs salary.

Because you compare them to others who are also overpaid (depending on your outlook of course) it doesn't mean they are underpaid.

Let me know when they stop claiming expenses for Mars Bars and we'll revisit their tough life.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 22:09 - Apr 9 with 1456 viewsDubtractor

So do they not already have computers and the like for the times when they are already working in their constituency?

I'm struggling to think of additional spend that would be needed here.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 22:57 - Apr 9 with 1395 viewsartsbossbeard

Arfing at the replies.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 07:44 - Apr 10 with 1276 viewsGlasgowBlue

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 22:09 - Apr 9 by Dubtractor

So do they not already have computers and the like for the times when they are already working in their constituency?

I'm struggling to think of additional spend that would be needed here.

Constituency offices are obviously closed due to social distancing. Most constituency offices will have 4 to 5 workers sharing a couple of computers and a printer.

These people are now working from home. People are losing their jobs, their businesses and their loved ones. The workload of a constituency mp and their has increased considerable because of this.

I follow Jess Phillips in Twitter. She and her staff are working tirelessly to help people out during this crisis. Obviously this money is to be used to enable an MO and their staff to work from home in extraordinary circumstances whilst trying to help those most vulnerable. To put people in touch with the relevant agencies who can help their situation.

The money will be accounted for and not everybody will be claiming it.

Constituency workers are already complaining that they are inundated with emails and phone calls given them dogs abuse because if people like abb pushing fake news all over social media.

MP’snare not pocketing an additional £10k.

Iron Lion Zion

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 07:53 - Apr 10 with 1264 viewsDubtractor

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 07:44 - Apr 10 by GlasgowBlue

Constituency offices are obviously closed due to social distancing. Most constituency offices will have 4 to 5 workers sharing a couple of computers and a printer.

These people are now working from home. People are losing their jobs, their businesses and their loved ones. The workload of a constituency mp and their has increased considerable because of this.

I follow Jess Phillips in Twitter. She and her staff are working tirelessly to help people out during this crisis. Obviously this money is to be used to enable an MO and their staff to work from home in extraordinary circumstances whilst trying to help those most vulnerable. To put people in touch with the relevant agencies who can help their situation.

The money will be accounted for and not everybody will be claiming it.

Constituency workers are already complaining that they are inundated with emails and phone calls given them dogs abuse because if people like abb pushing fake news all over social media.

MP’snare not pocketing an additional £10k.

I don't read this as them pocketing £10k, but I still think it lands really badly in the current climate.

There are millions of us working from home currently and we've all just taken it in good grace, probably bought a few bits and pieces out of our own pocket, paid the extra utilities bills etc. And we're the lucky ones to be frank, given the issues faced by anyone furloughed, or the self employed.

MPs already get generous expenses allowances (notoriously so!) so them getting extra support whilst others struggle seems like a massive PR own goal, no matter how you present it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 07:54 - Apr 10 with 1262 viewsNo9

MPs are underpaid

You should have posted "SOME' are underpaid.
There is a considerable number of MPS' who are worthless & wouldn't get a real job
MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 08:04 - Apr 10 with 1247 viewsGlasgowBlue

MP's trousering an additional £10k then. on 07:53 - Apr 10 by Dubtractor

I don't read this as them pocketing £10k, but I still think it lands really badly in the current climate.

There are millions of us working from home currently and we've all just taken it in good grace, probably bought a few bits and pieces out of our own pocket, paid the extra utilities bills etc. And we're the lucky ones to be frank, given the issues faced by anyone furloughed, or the self employed.

MPs already get generous expenses allowances (notoriously so!) so them getting extra support whilst others struggle seems like a massive PR own goal, no matter how you present it.

ABB’s post title is “ MP's trousering an additional £10k then“.

One of my 17 year old daughters started an after school job at a school centre just before we went into lockdown. She deals with sensitive information that is covered by the new data protection laws.

She is now working from home taking calls, so her employer sent out a new laptop (due to gape she couldn’t use her own) with with the required software and headset. She was asked if she wanted an office stair which she declined but they were obliged to offer due to h & s.

This cost is covered by her employer. MP’s are employed by Parliament.

So taking Jess Phillps as an example. She will have five case workers dealing with people who are victims of domestic abuse, people who have relatives dying alone, business people closing their businesses, people struggling to cope financially after losing their jobs etc etc. They won’t be allowed to used their own personal computers to hold this information. I don’t understand why some people can’t see this? It looks like a general dislike of politicians is clouding this really thinking.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 8:05]

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024