Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So apart from blue badger who is on the front line 22:45 - Apr 10 with 1293 viewspistonbroke

Who else is having to work , mix with people and having a more realistic chance of contracting this awful virus

I’ll start with I am , and it makes me a bit wild with some of the comments on here that they are bored, can’t buy what they want can’t do this , can’t do that , if your that fecking bored join the nhs volunteers if you have the bottle to do it
So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 00:11 - Apr 11 with 1227 viewsLeaky

Yes my partner works in a care home that is covid-19 free at moment. The home is being put under pressure to take the elderly with the virus from our local hospital the say they prepared to do this providing they get full pipe equipment. My partner & 3 collueges will want to be isolated in the home unroll this is over. Don't feel this the correct way to go although I will back her all the way
We awaiting fori nstruction from tbe powers that be
So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 00:16 - Apr 11 with 1224 viewsBlueBadger

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 00:11 - Apr 11 by Leaky

Yes my partner works in a care home that is covid-19 free at moment. The home is being put under pressure to take the elderly with the virus from our local hospital the say they prepared to do this providing they get full pipe equipment. My partner & 3 collueges will want to be isolated in the home unroll this is over. Don't feel this the correct way to go although I will back her all the way
We awaiting fori nstruction from tbe powers that be

The stories I hear from care homes are, frankly, terrifying. I know more than one person who does care home work who describes their workplace as 'they're ALL off-colour and the managers aren't getting us the right kit'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 00:28 - Apr 11 with 1210 viewsLeaky

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 00:16 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

The stories I hear from care homes are, frankly, terrifying. I know more than one person who does care home work who describes their workplace as 'they're ALL off-colour and the managers aren't getting us the right kit'.

My partners happy how things are at present. To deal with dementia and Alzheimer's and vivid 19 at the same time Will be a struggle how do you keep people isolated when they have no idea what's going on
So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 00:34 - Apr 11 with 1205 viewsfactual_blue

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 00:28 - Apr 11 by Leaky

My partners happy how things are at present. To deal with dementia and Alzheimer's and vivid 19 at the same time Will be a struggle how do you keep people isolated when they have no idea what's going on

Well, I've managed to stay isolated so far...

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 00:55 - Apr 11 with 1195 viewsgainsboroughblue

Yep. I work in Social Care as a mental health outreach worker.

I'm working from home with laptop etc but going out on my visits, only not staying long, and running errands for them such as shopping, meds collection etc.

There's a fair chance I will be required to cover at our higher support projects before too long though. Cover is getting thin on the ground.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 10:54 - Apr 11 with 1026 viewsLeaky

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 00:34 - Apr 11 by factual_blue

Well, I've managed to stay isolated so far...

I bet you look good in a incontinence pad lol
So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 10:57 - Apr 11 with 1019 viewsLord_Lucan

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 00:16 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

Daughter Lucan is in a care home - well you know what I mean.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 11:04 - Apr 11 with 1012 viewsElephantintheRoom

At the risk of stating the obvious, everyone is at risk of getting this.... and anyone working in risky areas without protection - eg in care homes, supermarkets and public transport is probably more at risk than people working in the NHS ....because at least most NHS workers have some form of protection.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 11:12 - Apr 11 with 1008 viewsfactual_blue

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 10:54 - Apr 11 by Leaky

I bet you look good in a incontinence pad lol

From somebody called 'Leaky' that's a bit rich.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 11:16 - Apr 11 with 1001 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nope. But hats off to all those who are out there doing jobs to keep things ticking over for those of us who can WFH. Some people won't be at all comfortable having to go out to work, but won't have a choice.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 11:23 - Apr 11 with 991 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Been doing some pretty dangerous Waitrose shopping for some of our gardening clients alongside the Landan glitterati!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 11:37 - Apr 11 with 985 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Yeah, am a teacher so school open to key workers' children.

Fiancee is a nurse at addenbrookes. She's on a run of nights so she's sleeping while I creep around the house. Luckily it's a good day to be in the garden.
So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 11:54 - Apr 11 with 973 viewsMattinLondon

I have a couple friends who are docs and even they are complaining about not being able to buy certain things which aren’t really classed as essential. It’s human nature to complain.

Not all can volunteer - I’m sure many with small kids or who live with a vulnerable person would love to do so but are worried about catching it and passing it on to them. Things are more complicated about not having ‘bottle’.

I have huge respect and admiration for people on the front line but do get off your high horse.
So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 11:57 - Apr 11 with 965 viewsRadlett_blue

An initial 750,000 people have volunteered and processing this number is so complex that the list has been closed.
Yes, I'm bored, as are many others, but many of us realise that we are much better off than those who have to do customer facing jobs every day.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 13:19 - Apr 11 with 905 viewsLeaky

So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 11:12 - Apr 11 by factual_blue

From somebody called 'Leaky' that's a bit rich.

Nice reply !
So apart from blue badger who is on the front line on 13:42 - Apr 11 with 884 viewsGlasgowBlue

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/479028/4582912/anyone-else-pissed-before-dinner-each-day/#post4582912

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024