Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer 11:43 - Apr 11 with 3648 viewsEly_Blue

If the lockdown is lifted by end of June will you still be going or would you take a chance on seeing if you can cancel?

Hypothetical I know as we have no idea what is going to happen and how quickly it will happen.

I have a dilemma as I have a 2 week holiday booked for 30th June which is due to have final payment on 12th May, the dilemma is if I cancel before paying the final amount I lose the £500 deposit I have paid unless the company have specifically said they won’t be flying until after that date.

The alternative is I pay the remainder and then either cancel and claim on travel insurance (if the FCO advice is not to travel to that destination by that date) or hope that the operator isn’t back and running by that date and then take a refund.

I’m not in the habit of chucking £500 away if I can help it.

Just interested on what others are planning to do

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 12:16 - Apr 11 with 2944 viewshomer_123

Depends, surely, where you are going?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 12:53 - Apr 11 with 2910 viewsAce_High1

I have a trip booked late October.

Have paid for flights, and a number of match tickets for when I am over there.

Some accommodation paid for, some is free cancellation up to a week before I arrive.

If it is possible to go I very watch would like to.

In one way October seems a long time away, and if we do end up missing out all summer being in isolation I would like to have mine later in the year!
So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 13:00 - Apr 11 with 2900 viewsFtnfwest

We were supposed to be going to Tenerife in mid July but have written it off. Have paid the deposit (£300) but the final payment deadline has been extended to end April. I think we’ll take the option though to defer with same company until next year, so don’t lose deposit and acts as a voucher effectively so also doesn’t have to be same holiday.
So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 14:51 - Apr 11 with 2850 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Honeymoon booked in August.

I am remaining optimistic.
So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 14:52 - Apr 11 with 2849 viewsITFC_Forever

10 days in Rhodes booked for August, fully intending to go unless travel firm says we can’t.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 14:53]

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 14:57 - Apr 11 with 2831 viewsElephantintheRoom

Erm - have you not noticed that this is a global problem.... and one that is certain to bounce back as well as evolve?

Unrestricted global travel is toast.

You might want to factor in vastly increased taxes into your thinking too

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 15:00 - Apr 11 with 2826 viewsEly_Blue

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 12:16 - Apr 11 by homer_123

Depends, surely, where you are going?

Caribbean.

Dom Rep to be more specific, unfortunately also a big hotspot with stupid Americans which will probably scupper my plans though

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 21:45 - Apr 11 with 2639 viewsWeWereZombies

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 14:57 - Apr 11 by ElephantintheRoom

Erm - have you not noticed that this is a global problem.... and one that is certain to bounce back as well as evolve?

Unrestricted global travel is toast.

You might want to factor in vastly increased taxes into your thinking too

If this pandemic does for bakeries too will that mean that toast is toast?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Login to get fewer ads

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 23:16 - Apr 11 with 2573 viewsSuperblue95

I’m meant to be going to Spain on Friday.

Seen a couple of things in the news about some virus thingygoing around that means I might not be able to go

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 07:32 - Apr 12 with 2506 viewsskyblue23

I’m going to Portugal on June 28th and the only way I get my money back is if they’re still in lockdown. If they’re open I either go or swallow £2500, in which case I will be going.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 07:41 - Apr 12 with 2502 viewsbluelagos

It's a 'mare isn't it. Paid a deposit - pay more and hope they don't go bust. Even if they are ABTA/ATOL - I'd not be expecting your money back quickly...

For me, I have paid £200 deposit and will need to pay a fair chunk more - they emailed and are now not asking for final dosh until 4 weeks before. As this trip is Sept - I am hopeful it goes ahead.

For a couple of June trips, neither Eurotunnel or Britanny Ferries are being particularly helpful. Considering the amounts are relatively small, I am simply sitting on the bookings for now and will make a decision what to do much closer to the time.

Does seem like a small problem in the scheme of things (for me). Some poor sods had weddings planned for the summer. And of course some are arranging funerals. Horrible times.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 07:52 - Apr 12 with 2490 viewsitfcjoe

I’m away for New Years so chances are things will be ok by then, I’ve got a break to Center Parcs in May which will almost certainly be cancelled but just waiting for confirmation so can rebook or get refund.

If things have calmed down I’d potentially like to get to Cyprus in October time, but got issues with how everything will be by then

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 08:05 - Apr 12 with 2476 viewsChateauWines

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 07:41 - Apr 12 by bluelagos

It's a 'mare isn't it. Paid a deposit - pay more and hope they don't go bust. Even if they are ABTA/ATOL - I'd not be expecting your money back quickly...

For me, I have paid £200 deposit and will need to pay a fair chunk more - they emailed and are now not asking for final dosh until 4 weeks before. As this trip is Sept - I am hopeful it goes ahead.

For a couple of June trips, neither Eurotunnel or Britanny Ferries are being particularly helpful. Considering the amounts are relatively small, I am simply sitting on the bookings for now and will make a decision what to do much closer to the time.

Does seem like a small problem in the scheme of things (for me). Some poor sods had weddings planned for the summer. And of course some are arranging funerals. Horrible times.

We've booked Eurostar holiday to Marseille in July and all being offered is rebook for later and you will have to pay difference if higher. Only booked it because was relatively cheap at £800 inc train. As you say many are not going to have another holiday so small fry really. Does anyone on here understand how it works if paid by credit card? Can I ask for charge back?

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 08:07 - Apr 12 with 2468 viewshype313

Supposed to be going to Northern Spain in July, can't see it happening and the scars from this will be in full effect, even if we were to go not sure what sort of holiday it would be.

I'm due to go to Dubai in January which I'm more hopeful of, my sister is out there and the draconian measures they are placing seem to be paying off, they have the expo starting in October so will be doing everything remotely possible to make sure that happens.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 08:21 - Apr 12 with 2444 viewsWeWereZombies

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 08:05 - Apr 12 by ChateauWines

We've booked Eurostar holiday to Marseille in July and all being offered is rebook for later and you will have to pay difference if higher. Only booked it because was relatively cheap at £800 inc train. As you say many are not going to have another holiday so small fry really. Does anyone on here understand how it works if paid by credit card? Can I ask for charge back?

I have just instigated a chargeback on a cruise paid by credit card, will let you know how we get on. The company did at least offer a rebooking with a ten per cent discount but as this was a one off the rebooking will not be for the same thing and most of their other trips are way more expensive - plus the decline in the value of sterling could wipe out the ten per cent discount.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 08:28 - Apr 12 with 2430 viewsflimflam

Off to Norfolk in August so we should be good :-)

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 08:44 - Apr 12 with 2408 viewsTractorgirlforever

We were meant to be going to orlando in 3 weeks time, we have been doing disney countdown for 289 days, so disappointing but one of those unfortunate things, still unable to get exchange or refund on flights, want to rebook flights for october but cant until i get original flights sorted as i think they give you a voucher to use rather than a refund, theme park tickets for 2 were 1.5k but they can be used throughout 2020 so thats ok, other things like disney dining, discovery cove etc im trying to change dates on, just hard to get a response at the moment but im sure it will all work out eventually , its not a problem when we see the bigger picture the world is facing at the moment. Stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives.
So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 08:55 - Apr 12 with 2383 viewsbrogansnose

Meant to be going to Corsica mid June. Can't see it happening and quite frankly I don't fancy getting on a plane anytime soon or going somewhere away from home when there is likely to be lots of restrictions. We should at least get the flight money and car hire money back on the insurance, hopefully the air b'nb too.
So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 09:27 - Apr 12 with 2333 viewsParky

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 08:07 - Apr 12 by hype313

Supposed to be going to Northern Spain in July, can't see it happening and the scars from this will be in full effect, even if we were to go not sure what sort of holiday it would be.

I'm due to go to Dubai in January which I'm more hopeful of, my sister is out there and the draconian measures they are placing seem to be paying off, they have the expo starting in October so will be doing everything remotely possible to make sure that happens.

I’ve booked to go to Dubai in November, which I’m being optimistic about. I’m sure I read somewhere however that the expo had been postponed and pushed back a year.
So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 10:59 - Apr 12 with 2291 viewsEly_Blue

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 07:41 - Apr 12 by bluelagos

Fortunately I’m booked through BA so unlikely to go (or be allowed to) bust

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 11:10 - Apr 12 with 2280 viewssouthnorfolkblue

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 08:44 - Apr 12 by Tractorgirlforever

We were meant to be going to orlando in 3 weeks time, we have been doing disney countdown for 289 days, so disappointing but one of those unfortunate things, still unable to get exchange or refund on flights, want to rebook flights for october but cant until i get original flights sorted as i think they give you a voucher to use rather than a refund, theme park tickets for 2 were 1.5k but they can be used throughout 2020 so thats ok, other things like disney dining, discovery cove etc im trying to change dates on, just hard to get a response at the moment but im sure it will all work out eventually , its not a problem when we see the bigger picture the world is facing at the moment. Stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives.

I was supposed to be flying back from there today...

I was thinking about rebooking for October but the flights look a lot more expensive. I’ve been told that I will get a refund on my park tickets if I can’t go back this year. Virgin have promised a refund as they cancelled the flights, but I might have to wait 3 months for it...

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 11:10 - Apr 12 with 2280 viewsAce_High1

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 09:27 - Apr 12 by Parky

I’ve booked to go to Dubai in November, which I’m being optimistic about. I’m sure I read somewhere however that the expo had been postponed and pushed back a year.

Yeah I am hoping by then I will be ok, but do you think they will be allowing international travel if a vaccine/medication has not been developed?
So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 11:48 - Apr 12 with 2260 viewsnoggin

Booked and paid for 2 weeks in Crete, in August. I will be there.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 12:06 - Apr 12 with 2238 viewsBent_double

As someone who relies on tourist here in the UK to make a living, I can't quite understand why anyone who hasn't already booked/paid for a foreign holiday later in the year would actually consider doing so, 'once this is over'.

I appreciate that this wasn't the OP's question, and that there will be people desperate to get away somewhere warm and sunny after being cooped up at home for weeks/months on end, but with the potential for further outbreaks around the world, and the possibility of being stuck in a foreign country with no way of getting home, I personally wouldn't take the chance.

Plus of course, the UK hospitality needs our support like never before!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

So those of you with foreign holidays booked this summer on 13:27 - Apr 12 with 2175 viewsquirkie

I've got a 3 week holiday in California booked starting out on June 11th , doing a road trip starting from San Francisco and going as I please really. Monterrey, Sequoia NP, Kings Canyon NP, Yosemite NP, Lake Tahoe, Reno, Lassen Volcanic NP, Mount Shasta NP, Crater Lake NP, Redwood NP, Humboldt SP (Avenue of the Giants) and back to San Francisco.

I go on my own, OH is a teacher and will be working and I love doing these solo road trips, she hates the US anyway. My last one was in 2017 for the eclipse a road trip from San Francisco to Seattle.

I've booked on BA, flight and 3 weeks car hire. I've got some accommodation booked in the NPs but other than that I just drive up and get a motel for the night or kip in the car!!

I've only paid the deposit so far £50, balance to be paid by May 8th. I'm not sure whether to cancel now and just do it all in 2021. Thing is I can't cancel at the moment as BA only dealing with people flying anywhere up to May 31st.

I'll wait until end of April.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024