Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party 21:07 - Apr 11 with 8134 viewsEnigma_Blue

Has appointed Naz Shah as Shadow Minister for Community Cohesion. The same Naz Shah who was stripped of the parliamentary whip and suspended for 3 months for posting antisemitic comments on FB and Tweets.

I hope this isn't going to be a sign of things to come from Starmer.
So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 21:11 - Apr 11 with 3839 viewsDarth_Koont

Naz Shah didn't do anything wrong. Effectively retweeting an anti-Zionist Jewish scholar isn't a crime. And it's a fair point that the US-Israel nexus is deeply unhealthy for Middle East politics.

She was however the victim of a silly politicized attack.

Pronouns: He/Him

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 21:12 - Apr 11 with 3829 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

When a party is as institutionally racist as the Labour Party it is hard for a few of them not to be appointed.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 21:59 - Apr 11 with 3753 viewsbaxterbasics

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 21:11 - Apr 11 by Darth_Koont

Naz Shah didn't do anything wrong. Effectively retweeting an anti-Zionist Jewish scholar isn't a crime. And it's a fair point that the US-Israel nexus is deeply unhealthy for Middle East politics.

Is she not the one who ‘liked’ a Tweet saying grooming gang victims should shut their mouths for the sake of diversity? If so, she can do one. Don’t mind Starmer though, so long as he avoids the red ‘cancel Brexit’ button.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 23:27 - Apr 11 with 3700 viewsmidastouch

Is this the same Kier Starmer who is a sitting member of the globalist leaning Trilateral Commission (as founded in 1973 by David Rockefeller)? http://trilateral.org/download/files/membership/TC_list_3_2019(1).pdf
No surprise then he voted against investigating Blair's actions leading up to the invasion of Iraq.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/28/labour-mps-to-vote-against-inve

As argued here https://www.counterfire.org/articles/analysis/20920-starmer-sides-with-trump-aga in "Starmer Sides with Trump against Assange": "This is what Labour Party members can expect from a Starmer leadership: unquestioning loyalty to the establishment on both sides of the Atlantic."

I will be surprised if he does much to rock the boat. His track record suggests as much. When you scratch beneath the surface it's plain to see that he tends to be very establishment. For example, when he was Director of Public Prosecutions, he approved the decision not to prosecute police involved in killing Jean Charles de Menezes.

If you are sick and tired of the state of British politics and you are looking for real change, I highly suspect that should Starmer ever become PM, he won't be nearly as radical as some of you might hope. Hopefully I am wrong, it's just a strong feeling I have. But hey ho, what do I know! I'd love to be proven wrong but I can't see Starmer (with all his establishment credentials) being the man to right so many of the wrongs. He'll tinker round the edges, but he won't go for the jugular. I'm only speculating here, I can't see inside the guy's mind, it's just a gut feeling I have. And admittedly, that probably doesn't count for much! We will all have to wait and see...

Does anybody disagree and think Starmer is going to be Great for Britain? If so then please put his case forward as I want to believe but I'm just not convinced. But please feel free to try and win me over as I think it's a scandal the way the Government has handled the Coronavirus crisis and I really do think they will have a lot to answer for (especially Hancock) by the time the worst of this is over. As such, Starmer might well find himself in a strong position to put forward his vision for the country.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 23:36 - Apr 11 with 3669 viewsRyorry

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 23:27 - Apr 11 by midastouch

Is this the same Kier Starmer who is a sitting member of the globalist leaning Trilateral Commission (as founded in 1973 by David Rockefeller)? http://trilateral.org/download/files/membership/TC_list_3_2019(1).pdf
No surprise then he voted against investigating Blair's actions leading up to the invasion of Iraq.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/28/labour-mps-to-vote-against-inve

As argued here https://www.counterfire.org/articles/analysis/20920-starmer-sides-with-trump-aga in "Starmer Sides with Trump against Assange": "This is what Labour Party members can expect from a Starmer leadership: unquestioning loyalty to the establishment on both sides of the Atlantic."

I will be surprised if he does much to rock the boat. His track record suggests as much. When you scratch beneath the surface it's plain to see that he tends to be very establishment. For example, when he was Director of Public Prosecutions, he approved the decision not to prosecute police involved in killing Jean Charles de Menezes.

If you are sick and tired of the state of British politics and you are looking for real change, I highly suspect that should Starmer ever become PM, he won't be nearly as radical as some of you might hope. Hopefully I am wrong, it's just a strong feeling I have. But hey ho, what do I know! I'd love to be proven wrong but I can't see Starmer (with all his establishment credentials) being the man to right so many of the wrongs. He'll tinker round the edges, but he won't go for the jugular. I'm only speculating here, I can't see inside the guy's mind, it's just a gut feeling I have. And admittedly, that probably doesn't count for much! We will all have to wait and see...

Does anybody disagree and think Starmer is going to be Great for Britain? If so then please put his case forward as I want to believe but I'm just not convinced. But please feel free to try and win me over as I think it's a scandal the way the Government has handled the Coronavirus crisis and I really do think they will have a lot to answer for (especially Hancock) by the time the worst of this is over. As such, Starmer might well find himself in a strong position to put forward his vision for the country.

At least Starmer stands a chance of getting into power, unlike his predecessor.

Can't do diddly squat unless you acquire that.

(Yeah I know that's a double negative, sorry Jeera )

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 23:43 - Apr 11 with 3654 viewsmidastouch

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 23:36 - Apr 11 by Ryorry

At least Starmer stands a chance of getting into power, unlike his predecessor.

Can't do diddly squat unless you acquire that.

(Yeah I know that's a double negative, sorry Jeera )

Perhaps. As I said, I think he could be gifted a decent chance by the Conservative's mishandling of the Coronavirus. But past Labour election results are not quite as black and white as they seem. For example, I copied this off Twitter recently and I was actually quite surprised by the percentage results. See what you think.

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 02:02 - Apr 12 with 3558 viewsBlueBadger

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 23:43 - Apr 11 by midastouch

Perhaps. As I said, I think he could be gifted a decent chance by the Conservative's mishandling of the Coronavirus. But past Labour election results are not quite as black and white as they seem. For example, I copied this off Twitter recently and I was actually quite surprised by the percentage results. See what you think.

Frankly, I'll take a competent centrist anytime over the current shower of incomptents, chancers and sociopaths.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 02:27 - Apr 12 with 3519 viewsreusersfreekicks

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 23:43 - Apr 11 by midastouch

Stats can show anything. % of those who voted is the one that matters. Move along
Login to get fewer ads

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 02:28 - Apr 12 with 3519 viewsmonytowbray

I’m watching it out, but so far I’ve seen no compelling evidence he’d win my vote.

Torn in my heart though of will I bite a bullet and tactically vote for him, or go back to Green and know it’s a bit of a wasted vote?

Unlike those who felt the same under Corbyn though, I won’t set out to sabotage the best opposition to make some kind of weird political point.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 07:56 - Apr 12 with 3420 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 21:11 - Apr 11 by Darth_Koont

Naz Shah called for the mass “transportation“ of Israelis out of the Middle East. Corbyn quite rightly said at the time “What Naz Shah did was offensive and unacceptable. I have spoken to her and made this clear”.

Prior to that she had compared the state of Israel to Nazi Germany, which breaches the IHRA definition of antisemitism (drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis).

She had also contributed to a Facebook poll regarding whether Israel was committing war crimes with the comment The Jews are rallying to the poll it’s 87% disagreeing and 13% agreeing.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/27/naz-shah-timeline-of-events-lea

She admitted that her words were antisemitic when she resigned and issued a full and genuine apology.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-36802075

This subject really is a blind spot to you and it beggars belief that you say she did nothing wrong.

She’s worked very hard to rebuild her career as a constituency MP and engaged fully with the Jewish community to move on and she’s been a credit imo. She understood what she had said was wrong and made efforts not to repeat those tropes. I have no issue with somebody like Naz Shah being a shadow minister.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 8:08]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 08:03 - Apr 12 with 3403 viewshype313

We've got 5 more years of the Tory party, this mishandling of the coronavirus will be a distant memory, add to the fact that the current polling suggests people are happy with how its being handled.

Kier needs to play the long game, bar Shah, he has pulled together quite a decent shadow cabinet. I've no doubt Boris will have untold blunders in the next few years, and whilst he seems to get away with most, I can't help to feel that he won't see his term out due to resignation of some misdemeanor.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 08:09 - Apr 12 with 3388 viewsflimflam

Have you not seen the latest polls?

Conservatives have increased their vote share during this pandemic.

Starmer has zero chance of getting into power thankfully.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 08:53 - Apr 12 with 3355 viewsmidastouch

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 08:09 - Apr 12 by flimflam

Have you not seen the latest polls?

Conservatives have increased their vote share during this pandemic.

Starmer has zero chance of getting into power thankfully.

I did see the polls fairly recently and I have to say I was surprised to see that the general feeling seemed to be that the Conservatives are handling the crisis fairly well. However, I think once the death count reaches beyond a certain number (we could well be the worst in Europe, I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually account for 35% to 40% of all the deaths on the continent) the public will be forced to reevaluate and I could see support turning to anger. Take yesterday, a lot of airtime given to the 2,000 deaths reported in America, yet we are very nearly half of that (and obviously this is only showing the hospital deaths and there is a lag with the ONS figures) and yet our population is only around 1/5 of the size of the United States.

This article drills down into some of the facts and calls it a 'national scandal' https://bylinetimes.com/2020/04/11/a-national-scandal-a-timeline-of-the-uk-gover
He said as much on Question Time, see here:
Thankfully we are currently a bit behind this grim forecast prediction, but if it gets anything close to this then the government will surely be judged very badly:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/07/uk-will-be-europes-worst-hit-by-co
Galloway hasn't held back either: https://www.rt.com/op-ed/485574-uk-media-coronavirus-government/
The reason for that article by George is he makes an argument as to why their mishandling hasn't quite cut through to the general public as yet.
There was a hard-hitting piece in my local rag as well last week:
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/politics/pandemic-publix-inquiry-needed-says-rupert
For whatever reason the voices of dissent aren't quite cutting through as yet. However, the louder they get, the more likely they are to do so.

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 08:56 - Apr 12 with 3342 viewsitfcjoe

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 08:53 - Apr 12 by midastouch

I did see the polls fairly recently and I have to say I was surprised to see that the general feeling seemed to be that the Conservatives are handling the crisis fairly well. However, I think once the death count reaches beyond a certain number (we could well be the worst in Europe, I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually account for 35% to 40% of all the deaths on the continent) the public will be forced to reevaluate and I could see support turning to anger. Take yesterday, a lot of airtime given to the 2,000 deaths reported in America, yet we are very nearly half of that (and obviously this is only showing the hospital deaths and there is a lag with the ONS figures) and yet our population is only around 1/5 of the size of the United States.

This article drills down into some of the facts and calls it a 'national scandal' https://bylinetimes.com/2020/04/11/a-national-scandal-a-timeline-of-the-uk-gover
Thankfully we are currently a bit behind this grim forecast prediction, but if it gets anything close to this then the government will surely be judged very badly:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/07/uk-will-be-europes-worst-hit-by-co
Galloway hasn't held back either: https://www.rt.com/op-ed/485574-uk-media-coronavirus-government/
The reason for that article by George is he makes an argument as to why their mishandling hasn't quite cut through to the general public as yet.
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/politics/pandemic-publix-inquiry-needed-says-rupert
For whatever reason the voices of dissent aren't quite cutting through as yet. However, the louder they get, the more likely they are to do so.

On a day when more people died than any day in Italy or Spain we have the biggest read daily newspaper, The Sun, declaring it as a very ‘Good Friday’ because Boris is out of hospital.

It’s North Korea-esque from areas of the mainstream media

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 08:56 - Apr 12 with 3342 viewsmidastouch

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 08:53 - Apr 12 by midastouch

The Question Time link doesn't seem to have worked, if you however type "A National Disgrace? Question Time analysis" into YouTube it should come up. It's the episode from the 26th March.
The video description is as follows:
"Has the UK government handled the Coronavirus outbreak effectively?
Why did they change tactics so abruptly?
Is there sufficient equipment reaching the NHS front lines?
What does the future hold?
Question Time on 26th March"

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 09:03 - Apr 12 with 3317 viewsmidastouch

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 08:56 - Apr 12 by itfcjoe

On a day when more people died than any day in Italy or Spain we have the biggest read daily newspaper, The Sun, declaring it as a very ‘Good Friday’ because Boris is out of hospital.

It’s North Korea-esque from areas of the mainstream media

Very much echoes this sentiment:

See here too:

On that thread somewhere it says:
"As of Saturday 11 April, there have been 6.5 deaths per 100,000 people in Ireland.

There have been 14.81 deaths per 100,000 people in the UK.

Guys, people have been dying at more than *twice the rate* in the UK."

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 09:19 - Apr 12 with 3281 viewsPecker

The man is as clueless as the rest of them.
So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 09:21 - Apr 12 with 3280 viewsmidastouch

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 02:27 - Apr 12 by reusersfreekicks

Stats can show anything. % of those who voted is the one that matters. Move along

I understand, whenever presenting stats it always leaves one open to a "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" type of counter argument. The point I was really making is as things stand now, the political landscape is very tough for the Labour party, for example, unless they can get some traction over the SNP it's almost impossible. If not they need a political earthquake in England, although I'm speculating the Government's mishandling of the coronavirus might come home to roost. Or perhaps (as one of the posts says above) it will be long forgotten by the time of the next election. But if they are widely deemed as grossly failing us during this crisis, there will be big scars and wounds that won't easily be healed and forgotten. Something like a public enquiry (there may be one in the future if there is enough outcry) could make it drag on for some time and haunt them right up to the next election (and possibly even beyond).

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 09:22 - Apr 12 with 3279 viewsjimmyvet

So essentially you want as many people as possible to die during this tragic crisis to make the Tories look bad !! Pathetic person.
So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 09:26 - Apr 12 with 3254 viewsmidastouch

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 09:22 - Apr 12 by jimmyvet

So essentially you want as many people as possible to die during this tragic crisis to make the Tories look bad !! Pathetic person.

Where did I say I want as many people to die as possible? You are twisting things and that's a very low thing to say. One of my close friends was in hospital with coronavirus after a big cancer operation and I was sick with worry. Every death is a tragedy. This front page in the Guardian sums it up.

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 09:28 - Apr 12 with 3247 viewsmidastouch

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 09:26 - Apr 12 by midastouch

Where did I say I want as many people to die as possible? You are twisting things and that's a very low thing to say. One of my close friends was in hospital with coronavirus after a big cancer operation and I was sick with worry. Every death is a tragedy. This front page in the Guardian sums it up.

This one:

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 09:39 - Apr 12 with 3207 viewsmidastouch

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 09:22 - Apr 12 by jimmyvet

Moreover, I was merely responding to flimflam's question where he simply asked:

"Have you not seen the latest polls?"

So in response, I was just making the point that I think there's a chance that the polls might shift unless we get a better handle on this crisis. Furthermore, I backed it up with others who are far more qualified than I am to be asking some serious questions. I was simply attempting to answer the question posed by flimflam. As such, I feel disgusted by your totally "below the belt" false claim.

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 09:56 - Apr 12 with 3121 viewsfactual_blue

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 02:02 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

Frankly, I'll take a competent centrist anytime over the current shower of incomptents, chancers and sociopaths.

boris's apologists are clearly rattled already by Sir Keir.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 10:04 - Apr 12 with 3080 viewsmidastouch

And clearly you don't know my political persuasion. I was one of the few on this forum (at least it sure felt like that as I seemed to be a fighting lone crusade on here at times) who voted for Brexit and I spent months on here arguing (in as respectful way as I could) with the Remainers. Moreover, I never fell out with any of them and I respected their views and I found it a really interesting exchange of views. I will concede they certainly made me think twice on several things. So to say I want the Tories to look bad over this awful pandemic is to totally misunderstand my politics. As such I have reported your grossly inaccurate accusation as blatant abuse.

So Kier Starmer who vowed to stamp out Anti-Semitism in the Labour party on 10:09 - Apr 12 with 3032 viewsElephantintheRoom

I think you'll find the corona virus is as anti-semitic as it is anti-everything else. All Starmer has to do is focus on the appalling mismanagment of this country over the last 12 years - and perhaps get his lackies to watch Bill Gates preaching to the converted in 2015 that the world is singular unprepared for a viral pandemic.

Then perhaps, IF idiots can be persuaded to stop voting conservative the world might become a better place.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024