Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free Transfers 14:15 - Apr 12 with 1208 viewsmanagement

With a view to new players for the future, the following I believe to be out of contract at the end of June (aware circumstances may change). The following are all Div 1 players, over 24 thus no compensation required and mostly bar the keeper under 30.

GK - Mclaughlin (Sunderland)
RB - O'Nien (Sunderland)
LB - Ruffles (Oxford)
CB - Burgess (Portsmouth)
CB - Stewart (Wycombe)
CM - Gilbey (MK Dons)
CM - Fraser (Burton)
RM - Laurent (Shrewsbury)
LM - Sadlier (Doncaster)
CF - Granduillet (Blackpool)
CF - Clarke-Harris (Bristol Rovers)

We will probably release Keane, Rowe, Skuse (IMO) and maybe Edwards as contracts expire.

Personally see little point in keeping loan players ie Earl and Norris and look to return them now if we can, Garbutt is open to debate as to who could play LB/LM instead.

Would clubs be still interested in Judge/Nolan/Dozzell if so negotiate but accept it is not a sellers market.

Accept Downes is a cert to go, Wolfenden looks likely to leave but another season may aid his game.

Donacien/Nsiala, well what do we do with these two?

Younger players such as Cotter/Ndaba/Folami and Wright may need nudging as well.

Free Transfers on 15:02 - Apr 12 with 1135 viewsJ2BLUE

You appear to be planning for a long time in league one.

Looks like the same strategy that got us relegated from the Chamionship. Sell off assets. Replace with average frees.

Why does Downes need to go? I understand that we might get a bid we can't turn down but we should be looking to keep him here unless that bid is substantial.

Hard to talk about transfers with football finances up in the air. I would imagine clubs will have to offer something to their ST holders* whether it's a refund or a reduced ticket for next season so finances are likely to be hit.

*I don't need a load of people replying saying saying they wouldn't take anything. I wouldn't either but it seems clear quite a few would and it will have an impact.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Free Transfers on 15:06 - Apr 12 with 1126 viewstractordownsouth

I’d love us to get Luke ONien and Christian Burgess but they’d be be sideways moves so they’d never come here. Clarke Harris will likely be picked up by a Championship club if he’s on a free, after the goalscoring season he’s had.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Free Transfers on 15:11 - Apr 12 with 1118 viewsMercian

Selling now is not a good idea. An example being Jadon Sancho, his market value has dropped from around £120,000,000 at he beginning of March to around £80,000,000 now. Extreme example perhaps but is does show how much he transfer market has fallen. Selling Woolfy, Flynn and Doz now would be practically giving them away.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 15:12]
Free Transfers on 15:19 - Apr 12 with 1094 viewsJ2BLUE

Free Transfers on 15:11 - Apr 12 by Mercian

Selling now is not a good idea. An example being Jadon Sancho, his market value has dropped from around £120,000,000 at he beginning of March to around £80,000,000 now. Extreme example perhaps but is does show how much he transfer market has fallen. Selling Woolfy, Flynn and Doz now would be practically giving them away.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 15:12]

Says who?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Free Transfers on 15:27 - Apr 12 with 1080 viewsmanagement

Free Transfers on 15:02 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

You appear to be planning for a long time in league one.

Looks like the same strategy that got us relegated from the Chamionship. Sell off assets. Replace with average frees.

Why does Downes need to go? I understand that we might get a bid we can't turn down but we should be looking to keep him here unless that bid is substantial.

Hard to talk about transfers with football finances up in the air. I would imagine clubs will have to offer something to their ST holders* whether it's a refund or a reduced ticket for next season so finances are likely to be hit.

*I don't need a load of people replying saying saying they wouldn't take anything. I wouldn't either but it seems clear quite a few would and it will have an impact.

Fully understand the rationale of not selling presently, if Marcus is brave enough to hold out then great, suspect with us losing 6m per annum before present circumstances, I feel he will sell.

As to replacing with average players, McLaughlin is arguably the best keeper in this division, Burgess one of the better CB's definitely,
Sadlier has 11 goals and 6 assists from midfield, Fraser 5 goals and 11 assists from midfield , Gilbey 5 goals from midfield, Gnanduillet 15 goals and Clarke-Harris 13 goals.

Extremely valid point from a contributor in that these players may perceive Ipswich as a sideways move.

Plenty of other freebies but these were the better ones with stats this season to match, we are not able to attract free transfers from championship clubs.
Free Transfers on 20:19 - Apr 12 with 969 viewsChrisd

Watched a Don Revie documentary today, a quote I picked up on which he said during an interview, ‘Poor players make poor managers and good players make good managers.’

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Free Transfers on 21:05 - Apr 12 with 912 viewsMercian

Free Transfers on 15:19 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

Says who?

Says Transfermarket.com, a very well respected website. I was wring on thee specifics on Sancho but a big hit nonetheless.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/news/view?id=358336
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 21:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024