Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. 15:21 - Apr 12 with 5982 viewsMercian

Next to my house someone owns a lockup where he sells and repairs old cars for stock car racing. Today, him, 3 mates and 3 vehicles decided it was a good day to open up , sell and move old bangers claiming the motor trade was essential. I hate to play them and us but they all came in from Nottingham and our village is secluded and does not have much contact with the outside world in ordinary circumstances. On confronting them I was told where to go and threatened with physical violence. It is now in the hands of the police.
People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 15:25 - Apr 12 with 3271 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s time to give people one last warning then, drone strikes for people who can’t follow the rules

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 15:25 - Apr 12 with 3268 viewsJ2BLUE

A lot of people think it's a game because it's distant. People they don't know dying. If people keep being stupid it will soon get a lot more real for them.

My idiot mate keeps referring to the death table as a 'leaderboard'. Seems almost amused by what is happening. It's a level of stupid I didn't think was possible.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 15:28 - Apr 12 with 3252 viewsfactual_blue

You've done the right thing.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 16:46 - Apr 12 with 3151 viewsBlueBadger

For all my ranting about curtain twitching yesterday, this is exactly the sort of piss-takin that SHOULD be reported.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 16:56 - Apr 12 with 3115 viewssparks

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 15:25 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

A lot of people think it's a game because it's distant. People they don't know dying. If people keep being stupid it will soon get a lot more real for them.

My idiot mate keeps referring to the death table as a 'leaderboard'. Seems almost amused by what is happening. It's a level of stupid I didn't think was possible.

Nothing wrong with gallows / irreverent humour- if that is what it is.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:07 - Apr 12 with 3093 viewsStokieBlue

Some more morons:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-52261055

They need to up the fines to something that might actually matter. Grand a person for first offence or something and upwards from there. People will get the message.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:10 - Apr 12 with 3092 viewsDubtractor

On this note, huge shoutout to the Ipswich (and Kesgrave) massive today.

I went for a bike ride out to Kesgrave and back into town this morning and saw, at most, about 15 cars on the road.

Most people are very much doing the right thing.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:14 - Apr 12 with 3066 viewsGuthrum

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:07 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

Some more morons:

They need to up the fines to something that might actually matter. Grand a person for first offence or something and upwards from there. People will get the message.

SB

Problem is, this kind of thing will be cited as reasons to tighten the lockdown, with more restrictions for the rest of us who are obeying the rules (e.g. only being able to leave the house with special permission).

I hate to think what's ging to happen if they close the supermarkets and force everyone to have home deliveries, given those systems are not coping well as things are.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:17 - Apr 12 with 3056 viewsRyorry

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:07 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

Some more morons:

SB

Isn't there some offence or other called "endangering the lives of others" (maybe driving?).

They should be prosecuted under that, or something similar. In the end their actions could in effect result in manslaughter. This clearly needs to be drilled home to some people.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:22 - Apr 12 with 3029 viewspeterleeblue

Well done for having the balls to report.
People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:31 - Apr 12 with 3006 viewsbluelagos

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:10 - Apr 12 by Dubtractor

On this note, huge shoutout to the Ipswich (and Kesgrave) massive today.

I went for a bike ride out to Kesgrave and back into town this morning and saw, at most, about 15 cars on the road.

Most people are very much doing the right thing.

This is the point. In Suffolk, the vast vast majority of people are playing by the rules. My walk today took me through Flatford Mill and I never saw a soul.

Empty roads too on the rare occasions I walked on them.

Am sure it is exactly the same in most of the country.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:37 - Apr 12 with 2961 viewsStokieBlue

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:31 - Apr 12 by bluelagos

This is the point. In Suffolk, the vast vast majority of people are playing by the rules. My walk today took me through Flatford Mill and I never saw a soul.

Empty roads too on the rare occasions I walked on them.

Am sure it is exactly the same in most of the country.

Maybe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52221688

Maybe not.

SB

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:42 - Apr 12 with 2925 viewsbluelagos

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:37 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

Maybe.

Maybe not.

SB

Do the maths Stokie. 660 parties with say an average 10 people.

Lets call it 7000 idiots in Manchester last weekend partying. Out of a 1m population?

I am not disputing there are idiots. I am disputing the belief that they are widespread. They aren't. The govt stats on traffic shows us how much we are collectively playing by the rules.

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:44 - Apr 12 with 2916 viewsStokieBlue

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:42 - Apr 12 by bluelagos

Do the maths Stokie. 660 parties with say an average 10 people.

Lets call it 7000 idiots in Manchester last weekend partying. Out of a 1m population?

I am not disputing there are idiots. I am disputing the belief that they are widespread. They aren't. The govt stats on traffic shows us how much we are collectively playing by the rules.

It's enough to make the excuse to enforce a stricter lockdown as guthers said, especially if people are still deeming 200 mile drives to go fishing or buy a loaf of bread acceptable.

The minority can spoil it for the majority unfortunately.

Some of those parties sound quite a lot bigger - quite some nerve to have a bouncy castle and DJs! Crazy stuff.

SB

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:49 - Apr 12 with 2889 viewsbluelagos

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:44 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

It's enough to make the excuse to enforce a stricter lockdown as guthers said, especially if people are still deeming 200 mile drives to go fishing or buy a loaf of bread acceptable.

The minority can spoil it for the majority unfortunately.

Some of those parties sound quite a lot bigger - quite some nerve to have a bouncy castle and DJs! Crazy stuff.

SB

Hey, it will be what it will be. I still think the answer is to enforce the actual rules rather than tighten them. Or maybe increase the size of fines to deter idiots.

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:52 - Apr 12 with 2877 viewsWD19

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:37 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

Maybe.

Maybe not.

SB

Round my way people generally started off with the best of intentions, but we are now at the stage where many are using their own ‘judgment’ instead of following the rules. Families meeting across households. Plenty of extra trips out for a good long walk.....usually with the whole family in tow and usually involving discussion with a wealth of ppl along the way at what an individual deems is a ‘safe’ distance - sometimes this in approx 2 metres....sometimes not.
People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:00 - Apr 12 with 2854 viewsbluelagos

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:52 - Apr 12 by WD19

Round my way people generally started off with the best of intentions, but we are now at the stage where many are using their own ‘judgment’ instead of following the rules. Families meeting across households. Plenty of extra trips out for a good long walk.....usually with the whole family in tow and usually involving discussion with a wealth of ppl along the way at what an individual deems is a ‘safe’ distance - sometimes this in approx 2 metres....sometimes not.

If they are keeping 2m apart, then it literally doesn't matter. Why worry yourself at people who are socially distancing and getting outside?

Being prisoners in your own home is fine if you have plenty of inside and outside space. Many people don't.

I have a lot of sympathy for those trapped inside and it is so easy to slag people off when you dont know their home life.

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:01 - Apr 12 with 2846 viewsStokieBlue

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:49 - Apr 12 by bluelagos

Hey, it will be what it will be. I still think the answer is to enforce the actual rules rather than tighten them. Or maybe increase the size of fines to deter idiots.

Agreed - as I said about, they wouldn't do it if the fine was 1000 pounds.

SB

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:03 - Apr 12 with 2837 viewsStokieBlue

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:00 - Apr 12 by bluelagos

If they are keeping 2m apart, then it literally doesn't matter. Why worry yourself at people who are socially distancing and getting outside?

Being prisoners in your own home is fine if you have plenty of inside and outside space. Many people don't.

I have a lot of sympathy for those trapped inside and it is so easy to slag people off when you dont know their home life.

"If they are keeping 2m apart, then it literally doesn't matter. Why worry yourself at people who are socially distancing and getting outside?"

This is the advice but it might not be true. Saw some fluid dynamics modelling showing that coughs and sneezes could travel up to 8m.

It should be enough in most cases though as you say, you'd be unlucky to inhale a droplet at that distance.

SB

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:11 - Apr 12 with 2807 viewssparks

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:00 - Apr 12 by bluelagos

Yes. It does.

2m is a guideline but by no means a certain method of avoiding transmission when people are sharing space, touching the same things, breathing, shouting, coughing aroudn each other etc.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:17 - Apr 12 with 2783 viewsbluelagos

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:11 - Apr 12 by sparks

Yes. It does.

2m is a guideline but by no means a certain method of avoiding transmission when people are sharing space, touching the same things, breathing, shouting, coughing aroudn each other etc.

If you are aware that 2m isnt a safe distance for social distancing, you really should be passing on your expert knowledge to the WHO. Be sure to include any evidence.

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:21 - Apr 12 with 2764 viewsbluelagos

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:03 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

"If they are keeping 2m apart, then it literally doesn't matter. Why worry yourself at people who are socially distancing and getting outside?"

This is the advice but it might not be true. Saw some fluid dynamics modelling showing that coughs and sneezes could travel up to 8m.

It should be enough in most cases though as you say, you'd be unlucky to inhale a droplet at that distance.

SB

Clearly anyone coughing and sneezing, who is outside, is a complete ahole. Think the police have the powers of arrest in that scenario, rightly so to.

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:29 - Apr 12 with 2742 viewsEwan_Oozami

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:03 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

SB

Ooh, I like fluid dynamics! Have you got a link?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:35 - Apr 12 with 2701 viewsfooters

Seems many on this thread are ignorant to how important banger actually is. Show some respect.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 18:35]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:47 - Apr 12 with 2643 viewsNewcyBlue

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:21 - Apr 12 by bluelagos

Clearly anyone coughing and sneezing, who is outside, is a complete ahole. Think the police have the powers of arrest in that scenario, rightly so to.

I have pretty bad hayfever, when I start sneezing it normally means a sneezing fit of about 10-15 sneezes in a row.

Easy way to clear a supermarket aisle though. Gotta get my clarityn somehow!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024