Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. 16:11 - Apr 12 with 806 viewsMercian

If not the World. There does seem to be some light though. 737 people dying is in now way good news and in no way a reason to celebrate but it is a cause for some optimism as it is a 200 drop from the last two days. The end of the beginning perhaps.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 16:12]
10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. on 16:14 - Apr 12 with 778 viewsgordon

The daily figure is just the number of deaths that have been reported that day - in reality most deaths that actually occurred yesterday will be reported over the next week or so. The variation in the daily rate will depend on lots of things, but I think it's often lower at weekends when less support staff are working.
10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. on 16:16 - Apr 12 with 762 viewsGeoffSentence

10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. on 16:14 - Apr 12 by gordon

The daily figure is just the number of deaths that have been reported that day - in reality most deaths that actually occurred yesterday will be reported over the next week or so. The variation in the daily rate will depend on lots of things, but I think it's often lower at weekends when less support staff are working.

And this is a double bank holiday weekend. There will probably be a large number that don't get included in the figures until the middle of the week.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. on 16:17 - Apr 12 with 755 viewsMercian

10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. on 16:14 - Apr 12 by gordon

Guess I am just hoping for some good news. I am a former soldier that served in some dangerous places but I have never been as scared as I am now, not even close.
10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. on 16:23 - Apr 12 with 721 viewslongtimefan

I think what’s more worrying is the still high level of infections reported (essentially just people being hospitalised as they are the ones tested). Given the supposedly 7 day incubation period, followed by a further 7 to 10 days for symptoms to worsen enough to require hospitalisation, positive tests being undertaken now are from people who have acquired the virus since lockdown.
10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. on 16:56 - Apr 12 with 628 viewshomer_123

If you look at the figures for the last few weekends there is a pattern of deaths dropping and then increasing come Monday.

Sadly.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. on 17:00 - Apr 12 with 616 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hasn't the reported figure dipped every weekend only to rise again during the week? Is this something to do with the method of reporting?

I hope it is the peak having been hit but with reports of people still not taking lockdown seriously I wonder whether it really is.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. on 17:27 - Apr 12 with 583 viewsBlueNomad

I have a relative in Spain. The reported deaths there are people tested. Like here they don’t currently count those in care homes etc. Estimated their death figures may be triple the official figures.
10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. on 19:14 - Apr 12 with 478 viewsJakeITFC

10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. on 17:27 - Apr 12 by BlueNomad

I have a relative in Spain. The reported deaths there are people tested. Like here they don’t currently count those in care homes etc. Estimated their death figures may be triple the official figures.

Same here isn’t it?
Login to get fewer ads

10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. on 19:16 - Apr 12 with 476 viewsgordon

10,000 + deaths, we are already one of the worst hit in Europe. on 19:14 - Apr 12 by JakeITFC

Same here isn’t it?

Yeah, across 5 European countries it's been estimated that 42% - 57% of COVID-related deaths are occurring in care homes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024