Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These reported cases of deaths 21:30 - Apr 12 with 4049 viewspistonbroke

Tragic as it is , I would be interested to know how many are because of Covid 19 , yes people have died who have the virus but how many have died because of the virus , maybe someone who actually knows like blue badger would be better placed to answer this
These reported cases of deaths on 22:09 - Apr 12 with 1874 viewsjeera

As far as I can tell, there's been a zillion threads on this.

Some want to discount the figures arguing that many of those deaths weren't directly caused by the virus.

What most of those 'opinions' seem to be overlooking is that many of those people may well have carried on just fine, dealing with their 'underlying conditions' as usual and living life without the severe interference of an outside influence; this virus.

I'm sure people more educated than I am on the subject can offer a lot more.

There are some official figures kicking about, but the precise numbers cannot be realised at this moment, what with other variables at work.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 22:15]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

These reported cases of deaths on 22:12 - Apr 12 with 1863 viewsStokieBlue

I think you know there is no answer to this at the moment and their won't be a for a while.

What are your motivations to ask the question? As jeera has pointed out some have attempted to use this angle to play down the crisis.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

These reported cases of deaths on 22:13 - Apr 12 with 1850 viewsJ2BLUE

Interestingly that website someone posted on here which was playing it down stopped being updated on the 7th April unless i've missed a part 2 or something.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

These reported cases of deaths on 22:24 - Apr 12 with 1829 viewsBlueBadger

The simple answer is, we don't know and will probably never know for sure because only those who've been tested(with the accompany caveat that there are considerable question marks over the accuracy of some tests, for various reasons). We're not testing people unwell at home, we're only now startng to think about testing NHS employees and we're not testing people in institutions be they care homes or prisons.

The short answer is 'almost certainly more than official figures'.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 15:01]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

These reported cases of deaths on 22:25 - Apr 12 with 1813 viewsjeera

What's the downvote for?!

I was trying to answer your question.

Ungrateful sod.

These reported cases of deaths on 22:26 - Apr 12 with 1802 viewspistonbroke

These reported cases of deaths on 22:12 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

I think you know there is no answer to this at the moment and their won't be a for a while.

What are your motivations to ask the question? As jeera has pointed out some have attempted to use this angle to play down the crisis.

SB

No motivations , just curious as at this time of year there are unfortunately deaths from flu and other illnesses , it just seems strange to put them all down to corona
These reported cases of deaths on 22:28 - Apr 12 with 1796 viewsjeera

These reported cases of deaths on 22:26 - Apr 12 by pistonbroke

No motivations , just curious as at this time of year there are unfortunately deaths from flu and other illnesses , it just seems strange to put them all down to corona

It's not strange at all.

Most of those cases seem to be reported [at least] as people who have died with corona, and not necessarily of.

These reported cases of deaths on 22:32 - Apr 12 with 1774 viewspistonbroke

These reported cases of deaths on 22:24 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

The simple answer is, we don't know and will probably never know for sure because only those who've been tested(with the accompany caveat that there are considerable question marks over the accuracy of some tests, for various reasons). We're not testing people unwell at home, we're only now startng to think about testing NHS employees and we're not testing people in institutions be they care homes or prisons.

The short answer is 'almost certainly more than official figures'.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 15:01]

Interesting that’s why I wanted a reply from the likes of you who will actually know more than most of us , obviously people unfortunately die this time of year due to flu and other viruses , in your experience how much has it escalated
Login to get fewer ads

These reported cases of deaths on 22:37 - Apr 12 with 1737 viewsStokieBlue

These reported cases of deaths on 22:32 - Apr 12 by pistonbroke

Interesting that’s why I wanted a reply from the likes of you who will actually know more than most of us , obviously people unfortunately die this time of year due to flu and other viruses , in your experience how much has it escalated

You OK?

You had a rant in the other thread about people being concerned about other countries as well as our own and now your basically dismissing the posts made by other posters, of which there are loads, that say exactly what badger has said.

SB

These reported cases of deaths on 22:39 - Apr 12 with 1727 viewsjeera

These reported cases of deaths on 22:37 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

You OK?

You had a rant in the other thread about people being concerned about other countries as well as our own and now your basically dismissing the posts made by other posters, of which there are loads, that say exactly what badger has said.

SB

He's in the camp of those who have not bothered to read a thing so assumes everyone else is the same.

"I don't know anything so you can't possibly either".

I shan't bother with the idiot again. Div-listed.

These reported cases of deaths on 22:40 - Apr 12 with 1731 viewsSharkey

You can see the statistics for the equivalent weeks in years gone by here: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/dea
These reported cases of deaths on 22:41 - Apr 12 with 1720 viewspistonbroke

These reported cases of deaths on 22:37 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

You OK?

SB

Not really , I think badger knows more than me or you as he is in the front line , not being funny your answers mean nothing but he’s do
These reported cases of deaths on 22:41 - Apr 12 with 1721 viewsPinewoodblue

These reported cases of deaths on 22:32 - Apr 12 by pistonbroke

There are plenty of places on the internet you could find the information you seek.

If you worded your requests for information more appropriately you might get @ better response. Would it not have been better to say you would like information rather than demand it?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

These reported cases of deaths on 22:44 - Apr 12 with 1711 viewsjeera

These reported cases of deaths on 22:41 - Apr 12 by pistonbroke

Not really , I think badger knows more than me or you as he is in the front line , not being funny your answers mean nothing but he’s do

'Not being funny' but you asked about figures.

Badger (all respect) is a nurse not a statistician.

What you really seem to mean is you don't understand your own question.

These reported cases of deaths on 22:45 - Apr 12 with 1703 viewspistonbroke

These reported cases of deaths on 22:41 - Apr 12 by Pinewoodblue

There are plenty of places on the internet you could find the information you seek.

If you worded your requests for information more appropriately you might get @ better response. Would it not have been better to say you would like information rather than demand it?

Trouble is the internet is full of crap , that’s why I would rather hear it from some one who actually knows
These reported cases of deaths on 22:48 - Apr 12 with 1682 viewspistonbroke

These reported cases of deaths on 22:39 - Apr 12 by jeera

He's in the camp of those who have not bothered to read a thing so assumes everyone else is the same.

"I don't know anything so you can't possibly either".

I shan't bother with the idiot again. Div-listed.

If you think I’m bothered about being. div listed through a prick like you then think
again
These reported cases of deaths on 22:50 - Apr 12 with 1673 viewsPinewoodblue

These reported cases of deaths on 22:48 - Apr 12 by pistonbroke

If you think I’m bothered about being. div listed through a prick like you then think
again

Keep up the name calling and we won’t have to read your drivel.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

These reported cases of deaths on 22:51 - Apr 12 with 1674 viewsStokieBlue

These reported cases of deaths on 22:41 - Apr 12 by pistonbroke

So answers, even if they convey the correct information are meaningless unless they come from a certain source?

You're going to leave yourself open for appeal to authority fallacies if you apply that to your daily life.

Lucky for you Badger took the time to respond.

SB

These reported cases of deaths on 22:52 - Apr 12 with 1669 viewsBluesquid

These reported cases of deaths on 22:09 - Apr 12 by jeera

As far as I can tell, there's been a zillion threads on this.

Some want to discount the figures arguing that many of those deaths weren't directly caused by the virus.

What most of those 'opinions' seem to be overlooking is that many of those people may well have carried on just fine, dealing with their 'underlying conditions' as usual and living life without the severe interference of an outside influence; this virus.

I'm sure people more educated than I am on the subject can offer a lot more.

There are some official figures kicking about, but the precise numbers cannot be realised at this moment, what with other variables at work.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 22:15]

Have you heard Deputy Chief Medical Officer Dr Jenny Harries 'opinion' Jeera?

"for the UK these are Covid ASSOCIATED deaths, they are all sad events, THEY WOULD NOT ALL BE A DEATH AS A *RESULT* OF COVID"
These reported cases of deaths on 23:03 - Apr 12 with 1633 viewspistonbroke

These reported cases of deaths on 22:51 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

So answers, even if they convey the correct information are meaningless unless they come from a certain source?

You're going to leave yourself open for appeal to authority fallacies if you apply that to your daily life.

Lucky for you Badger took the time to respond.

SB

Yes your right , unless they come from a certain source , now I personally believe that badger knows far more than you as he deals with it daily , I can read crap from newspapers , twitter or whatever but I asked a person who actually knows unless you think you know more than him
These reported cases of deaths on 23:06 - Apr 12 with 1618 viewsEwan_Oozami

These reported cases of deaths on 22:52 - Apr 12 by Bluesquid

"for the UK these are Covid ASSOCIATED deaths, they are all sad events, THEY WOULD NOT ALL BE A DEATH AS A *RESULT* OF COVID"

There are a lot of sealions about tonight...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

These reported cases of deaths on 23:12 - Apr 12 with 1593 viewsBluesquid

These reported cases of deaths on 23:06 - Apr 12 by Ewan_Oozami

There are a lot of sealions about tonight...

I would ask you for your view on the statement made by Deputy Chief Medical Officer Dr Jenny Harries but i don't want you to struggle too much.
These reported cases of deaths on 23:16 - Apr 12 with 1578 viewsStokieBlue

These reported cases of deaths on 22:52 - Apr 12 by Bluesquid

That doesn't necessarily mean what you want it to mean though.

It can also be read that C19 wasn't the specific cause of death but that fighting C19 allowed the underlying condition to cause death, hence the use of the term "associated".

Why do you care so much if C19 was the direct cause of death or a contributory factor?

I am struggling to understand your point or angle and you've still not told us after multiple requests from multiple posters.

SB

These reported cases of deaths on 23:19 - Apr 12 with 1567 viewsBluesquid

These reported cases of deaths on 23:16 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

It can also be read that C19 wasn't the specific cause of death but that fighting C19 allowed the underlying condition to cause death, hence the use of the term "associated".

Why do you care so much if C19 was the direct cause of death or a contributory factor?

I am struggling to understand your point or angle and you've still not told us after multiple requests from multiple posters.

SB

You seem to be struggling with what she actually said.

"THEY WOULD NOT ALL BE A DEATH AS A *RESULT* OF COVID"
These reported cases of deaths on 23:19 - Apr 12 with 1566 viewspistonbroke

These reported cases of deaths on 23:16 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

SB

So to say they are all due to Covid 19 is wrong then
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024